Around the League: 2019 Edition

jetskid007

On 11/15/2019 at 12:43 PM, KingOfTheDot said:

Gase: ran the ball on 3rd and 4

That would be hilarious to see for some reason. 

Oddly enough we would have not known about this with Q posting that picture. Team could possible void his contract for this action but I doubt it. 

Either way the players have to tighten up, this has been going on since Rex. Part of it the frustration with losing but if every coach just repeats the cycle of not holding guys accountable then the losing will continue. 

I wonder who else was fined since Enunwa crossed out their names and why that player didn’t post it. 

Late reply but this was an issue back to Herm too.  Mangini is the exception over the past almost 20 years. 

• Like 1

One thing the Redskins-Lions game taught me is that it's really hard to lose all of your games in the NFL. The Redskins are awful, and just a disaster from the top down. They still have two wins. And in the 20ish years I've been watching the Jets, we've fielded some bad teams. Yet, I've never seen us win fewer than four games in a season.

On this line of thought, I really thought the Bengals would win this week, at home against Mason Rudolph. I haven't seen a whole one of their games all year, but damn they must be bad. Really hoping we're not the ones to ruin their impressive record next week.

3 hours ago, TheChad said:

One thing the Redskins-Lions game taught me is that it's really hard to lose all of your games in the NFL. The Redskins are awful, and just a disaster from the top down. They still have two wins. And in the 20ish years I've been watching the Jets, we've fielded some bad teams. Yet, I've never seen us win fewer than four games in a season.

On this line of thought, I really thought the Bengals would win this week, at home against Mason Rudolph. I haven't seen a whole one of their games all year, but damn they must be bad. Really hoping we're not the ones to ruin their impressive record next week.

We’re playing decent football now. That being said... we did lose to Miami and our Cleveland and Philly losses don’t look so good either.

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

We’re playing decent football now. That being said... we did lose to Miami and our Cleveland and Philly losses don’t look so good either.

We lost to Philly and Cleveland with Luke Falk...our D played hard in both games. With Sam we likely beat Cleveland. 

The Miami game was terrible, we quit. That TD that got overturned and then the pick was the game. Is what it is, it’s just been a rough year all the way around. It’s good to see progress but next year if we fix some of the problems and generally have good health all the way around, no more excuses...win some football games. We play well when there is zero pressure to win...that has to change next season if we are ever going to get back into playoff contention.

A lot of shoulda coulda woulda’s this year but we are what we are. Last few weeks have been fun, hopefully the offseason bares fruit and we get much better. 

Edited by ekill08x
  • Like 1

I know we haven't been playing against any tough teams recently, but I'm really amazed at the fact we have the #1 rushing defense in the league. We were down to 5th string LB's at one point. No Mosley or Williamson in the middle. Jenkins was around but he faced injuries as well. Amazing work by Gregg Williams. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

I know we haven't been playing against any tough teams recently, but I'm really amazed at the fact we have the #1 rushing defense in the league. We were down to 5th string LB's at one point. No Mosley or Williamson in the middle. Jenkins was around but he faced injuries as well. Amazing work by Gregg Williams. 

if they can find a guy that can get consistent pressure going into next year that D will be very good. Add another CB and the sky is the limit.

3 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

Honestly I feel like are rush d numbers are partially to do with how bad our corners and pass rush are. We have a stout line, so it's just easier to pass on us.

Why bother running into a wall when passing is so easy?

4 hours ago, drew39k said:

Honestly I feel like are rush d numbers are partially to do with how bad our corners and pass rush are. We have a stout line, so it's just easier to pass on us.

Why bother running into a wall when passing is so easy?

Foley is a monster though, hes clogging the inside along with others.

Burgess and Hewitt look good at lb. Then you have Jamal Adams at safety destroying everyone. 

There is no question now that Lamar Jackson is the best QB to come out of the 2018 draft is numbers are crazy, he is another Mike Vick. We were all told he was not a good a passer and he was a project. Check out his numbers

RUSHING  876 YARDS  7.1 YPA

PASSING 2427 YARDS   24 TDS  5 INTS

1 hour ago, doumeyer said:

There is no question now that Lamar Jackson is the best QB to come out of the 2018 draft is numbers are crazy, he is another Mike Vick. We were all told he was not a good a passer and he was a project. Check out his numbers

RUSHING  876 YARDS  7.1 YPA

PASSING 2427 YARDS   24 TDS  5 INTS

Lamar probably wouldn't be doing that here, he has a elite ol, elite run game and scheme.

Most of his td passes are pretty basic throws that are open due to teams not being able to stop the run. 

Lamar and the ravens are playing great right now.