Jump to content
jetskid007

Around the League: 2019 Edition

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, drew39k said:

I'd love cooper, but...

The Raiders traded him because of motivational issues. Is he going to stay hungry playing for us?

He seems to struggle in big matchup. Does he just feast on lesser CBs? Does he wither in primetime/playoffs?

Why would Cooper come here? Teams like New England, SanFran, Pittsburgh and other more successful franchises in need of a #1 that can pay him close to us with better chances of winning.

Cooper has been plenty motivated. Look at his stats since being in Dallas. Great route runner. Was hoping we’d draft him, but Oakland got him before us. Why would he come here? He’s young and we have money. And we have some attractive pieces with Darnold and Bell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

Cooper has been plenty motivated. Look at his stats since being in Dallas. Great route runner. Was hoping we’d draft him, but Oakland got him before us. Why would he come here? He’s young and we have money. And we have some attractive pieces with Darnold and Bell.

He is motivated right now, in dallas(his hometown area) playing for a contract. He was not motivate in Oakland, which is part of why they traded him. Once he gets paid will he still be hungry? Or will he revert to Oakland effort?

As I already mentioned, while we have money so do a number of nfl teams that all over a better chance of winning. Are you arguing that we are a better landing spot than the 49ers? Or The Patriots? We are currently losing to the Miami Dolphins, a team that we've lost 4 straight to... we are not a destination.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think Cooper will be available, but I'd be interested in seeing if the Chiefs would entertain a Sammy Watkins-for-Le'Veon Bell swap. Yes he's often hurt, but I think he'd fit this offense really well. As for replacing Bell: Jordan Howard would do just fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

I don't think Cooper will be available, but I'd be interested in seeing if the Chiefs would entertain a Sammy Watkins-for-Le'Veon Bell swap. Yes he's often hurt, but I think he'd fit this offense really well. As for replacing Bell: Jordan Howard would do just fine.

Give me Kareem Hunt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Give me Kareem Hunt

After thinking this over, I actually think Sammy Watkins gets cut. As for Hunt, it'll be interesting to see who is willing to take a chance with him. It honestly wouldn't surprise me if he returned to KC or CLE on a 1 year deal. 

Reason why I say Jordan Howard is because there's a clear correlation between him/JD... Drafted by the Bears while Douglas was serving as the Director of College Scouting (hired by the Eagles following the 2016 NFL Draft); traded to the Eagles this past offseason while Douglas was serving as the VP of Player Personnel. He fits the type of runner this offense requires; not a "wow" guy but is going to consistently get you positive yardage and is effective in short-yardage situations. Hits the hole quickly and takes what the line gives him.

A really solid pairing would be adding him, with Josh Adams, Bilal Powell (if we bring him back), and spend a 3rd-4th round pick on a player like Eno Benjamin. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some random thoughts on first round QBs

I thought there would be at least 4 QBs going in the first round but two of the teams that I thought would be looking for a new QB might not.
Based on Lock’s  performance yesterday, I would guess that Denver will stay with him

In Chicago, Trubisky has played well the last two games. Is that enough? Will he revert back to form or did he turn a corner and be able to maintain his current pace?

other teams I thought migh trade up appear to no longer have a need. In Pittsburgh, Duck has also been killing it so I doubt Pitt goes for a replacement/backup for Big Ben.

Unless Jax is crazy, Gardner Minshew Has done enough to eliminate them from the first round QB class.

washington has Haskins. Will a new HC want his own QB or will they stick with him?  Probably depends on the coach. For example Lincoln Riley would probably want Tua

On the other hand, in my opinion NE needs to trade up to get their QB for next year..Mentally and desire wise Brady’s still a great QB but physically he, well, looks old. I doubt they trade into the top 10 (unless Brady retires, which he should, imo) but they might trade up to 15 or so, if a QB they like is available.

 Allen at Carolina has stumbled. Will Cam come back or will they go for a FA like Bridgewater or Tannenhill? 

The Chargers and NO (if they lose Teddy) could still take a QB, but I don’t see NO trading up or the Chargers taking on with a top ten pick.

If Tennessee loses Tannehill, I think they will be looking for a QB. With the success he’s having in Tennessee, I think he’s sure to resign with them.

the only teams I’m sure will take a first round QB are Cincy and Miami, although Miami might roll the dice and use one of their later picks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Rich51 said:

Some random thoughts on first round QBs

I thought there would be at least 4 QBs going in the first round but two of the teams that I thought would be looking for a new QB might not.
Based on Lock’s  performance yesterday, I would guess that Denver will stay with him

In Chicago, Trubisky has played well the last two games. Is that enough? Will he revert back to form or did he turn a corner and be able to maintain his current pace?

other teams I thought migh trade up appear to no longer have a need. In Pittsburgh, Duck has also been killing it so I doubt Pitt goes for a replacement/backup for Big Ben.

Unless Jax is crazy, Gardner Minshew Has done enough to eliminate them from the first round QB class.

washington has Haskins. Will a new HC want his own QB or will they stick with him?  Probably depends on the coach. For example Lincoln Riley would probably want Tua

On the other hand, in my opinion NE needs to trade up to get their QB for next year..Mentally and desire wise Brady’s still a great QB but physically he, well, looks old. I doubt they trade into the top 10 (unless Brady retires, which he should, imo) but they might trade up to 15 or so, if a QB they like is available.

 Allen at Carolina has stumbled. Will Cam come back or will they go for a FA like Bridgewater or Tannenhill? 

The Chargers and NO (if they lose Teddy) could still take a QB, but I don’t see NO trading up or the Chargers taking on with a top ten pick.

If Tennessee loses Tannehill, I think they will be looking for a QB. With the success he’s having in Tennessee, I think he’s sure to resign with them.

the only teams I’m sure will take a first round QB are Cincy and Miami, although Miami might roll the dice and use one of their later picks.

  • CIN: I fully expect them to draft Burrow #1. 
  • WAS: I have a feeling they could go QB, but it depends who is in charge. Feels a lot like the Josh Rosen situation. 
  • MIA: wild-card... always possible they think about trading for Cam Newton... really depends on Tua's health/if he decides to come out
  • DEN: will ride with Lock
  • CHI: will ride with Trubisky 
  • TB: I think they're going to stick with Winston on a reduced 1 year deal. 
  • LAC: want to address life-after-Rivers and may even move on this year. Considering their move into a new stadium, I'd watch for them to acquire a QB via the draft or move on from Rivers/trade for Cam. 
  • CAR: next year may be their "blow it up" year... could see them rolling with any of Newton/Allen/Grier and if neither establishes themselves, target QBs in 2021. 
  • LVR: don't discount them... could look into QBs in round 1. 
  • TEN: Tannehill is getting the tag, there is no doubt about that. 
  • NE: need to find Brady's successor, but it may be in the form of a FA or 2nd/3rd round pick (think Mariota for a year behind Brady or Fromm/Eason on day 2).
  • NO: gut feeling is Teddy will remain and be the successor eventually. Only 26 and appears to be patient. 

Ultimately I see 3 QBs in round 1: Burrow/CIN, Tua/MIA, and Herbert/LAC. It's entirely possible Tua blows up this projection by returning, but ultimately, I think this is all about back-channel dealing. If MIA is given good word about Tua's injury and his reps hear that a plan is in place to take things slowly with him... considering that MIA has had their eyes on Tua since last offseason, I just can't see them passing. It'll be a huge risk, but they have Fitzpatrick, Rosen, and a plethora of picks to fall back on if they swing-and-miss on Tua. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:
  • CIN: I fully expect them to draft Burrow #1. 
  • WAS: I have a feeling they could go QB, but it depends who is in charge. Feels a lot like the Josh Rosen situation. 
  • MIA: wild-card... always possible they think about trading for Cam Newton... really depends on Tua's health/if he decides to come out
  • DEN: will ride with Lock
  • CHI: will ride with Trubisky 
  • TB: I think they're going to stick with Winston on a reduced 1 year deal. 
  • LAC: want to address life-after-Rivers and may even move on this year. Considering their move into a new stadium, I'd watch for them to acquire a QB via the draft or move on from Rivers/trade for Cam. 
  • CAR: next year may be their "blow it up" year... could see them rolling with any of Newton/Allen/Grier and if neither establishes themselves, target QBs in 2021. 
  • LVR: don't discount them... could look into QBs in round 1. 
  • TEN: Tannehill is getting the tag, there is no doubt about that. 
  • NE: need to find Brady's successor, but it may be in the form of a FA or 2nd/3rd round pick (think Mariota for a year behind Brady or Fromm/Eason on day 2).
  • NO: gut feeling is Teddy will remain and be the successor eventually. Only 26 and appears to be patient. 

Ultimately I see 3 QBs in round 1: Burrow/CIN, Tua/MIA, and Herbert/LAC. It's entirely possible Tua blows up this projection by returning, but ultimately, I think this is all about back-channel dealing. If MIA is given good word about Tua's injury and his reps hear that a plan is in place to take things slowly with him... considering that MIA has had their eyes on Tua since last offseason, I just can't see them passing. It'll be a huge risk, but they have Fitzpatrick, Rosen, and a plethora of picks to fall back on if they swing-and-miss on Tua. 

Good post on the current QB"s, I think you got it right. I HAVE THE SAME FEELING ABOUT WASHINGTON. that Josh Rosen thing is very strange, the guy has real talent but has been on two teams with the worst offensive, in many years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cooper or Odell ? Which would you rather have? And would it be to replace Robby or cut Q & keep Robby as the deep threat?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, DowNY said:

Cooper or Odell ? Which would you rather have? And would it be to replace Robby or cut Q & keep Robby as the deep threat?

Cooper but I dont want either

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, JetsFan15 said:

How bad does Wentz and the Eagles O look vs the NYG tonight??

Its one of the weirder things recently. Bc they have a good OL and have talent on offense, yet they just aren't good. Very odd when you see an offense like there's be so good and actually win a super bowl with younger players and that same team with players still in their prime not be good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cooper will be a FA and I think he does go to the Jets. I think we get him and few OL guys and end up drafting Young as our edge guy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

Cooper will be a FA and I think he does go to the Jets. I think we get him and few OL guys and end up drafting Young as our edge guy. 

This is the most optimistic take of all-time. Only 1-of-3 will happen (sign a few OL)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

Cooper will be a FA and I think he does go to the Jets. I think we get him and few OL guys and end up drafting Young as our edge guy. 

I really believe Young goes 2nd to the Giants

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×