Around the League: 2019 Edition

jetskid007

9 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

The talent gap between us and the rest of the league is awful.

Let's not forget how many guys we have on the IR and/or did not play last night.  I am not saying we are not lacking talent but here are a few names that significantly improve our roster:

Mosely, Q Williams, Adams, Herndon, Griffin, Tru (although he looks done), Williamson, Winters, Cashman.....

The first 4 list above plus Williamson are some very good football players and Cashman looks to be NFL caliber.

Jameis Winston's current passing stats: 4,573 yards, 30 TDs, 24 INTs.

There's a very real chance he has a 5000 yard season, and leads the league in all three of the above categories. No one will catch his INTs (leads by 6). He's 3 passing TDs behind the leader, Lamar Jackson, who could be rested. He's #1 in yards, 239 above Dak, and coming off back to back 450+ yard games.

Man, imagine if every QB played like him. He's basically must-see TV despite playing on a .500 team.

6 hours ago, jetskid007 said:

We can say a lot about how this season has gone, the coaching, the talent, etc... but our team hasn't splintered despite all the adversity that hit this season. While it may be hard to see through the muck, we're building a culture: 

Love the optimism, I’m just not buying what Gase is building, and I came into this season with a very open mind. Really don’t like what I’ve seen from him to this point 

4 minutes ago, NJC33 said:

Love the optimism, I’m just not buying what Gase is building, and I came into this season with a very open mind. Really don’t like what I’ve seen from him to this point 

Gase had no power to construct the roster and MM neglected his priorities to fix the team.   Just hold that thought until next season because Joe Douglas will do anything to meet Gase's plan for the team.

1 minute ago, JetsandI said:

Gase had no power to construct the roster and MM neglected his priorities to fix the team.   Just hold that thought until next season because Joe Douglas will do anything to meet Gase's plan for the team.

That’s probably my biggest fear 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

What has Gase done to earn that privilege?

Serious question. Do you realize how easy our schedule was this season? 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, NJC33 said:

What has Gase done to earn that privilege?

Serious question. Do you realize how easy our schedule was this season? 

Impressed that you think the pick up football team would win 9 games easily. lol. 

Be aware that Bengals beat Jets bad enough to prompt Patriots to spy at Bengals' sideline.  1-11 team, FFS..   Easy schedule or not.

I know this could hurt our draft order, but nothing would please me more than for us to knock the Steelers out of the playoffs. I was reading the Steelers, forum early today and they all felt is was going to be a Steeler win by no more than four points. A win by us would give us a lot respectability to the end of a bad year for us.

Edited by doumeyer
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, JetsandI said:

Impressed that you think the pick up football team would win 9 games easily. lol. 

Be aware that Bengals beat Jets bad enough to prompt Patriots to spy at Bengals' sideline.  1-11 team, FFS..   Easy schedule or not.

Dolphins were perhaps in a worse situation are were able to beat us and the Bengals. Second game we barely scraped by. Meanwhile teams like the Steelers are above water without having their starting QB since week 1. Gase might not have all the talent in the world but we have enough to say that he can't coach up a team.

Hell, has he had one comeback or near comeback this year? He's lost more leads than he's gained back, and certainly has more blowouts than both those scenarios.

Bell and Adams have established an amazing culture. I'm not giving any of that to Gase.

Gase is your run of the mill, JAG of a head coach. He's going to be the imbodiement of the Same Old Jets.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

Dolphins were perhaps in a worse situation are were able to beat us and the Bengals. Second game we barely scraped by. Meanwhile teams like the Steelers are above water without having their starting QB since week 1. Gase might not have all the talent in the world but we have enough to say that he can't coach up a team.

Hell, has he had one comeback or near comeback this year? He's lost more leads than he's gained back, and certainly has more blowouts than both those scenarios.

Bell and Adams have established an amazing culture. I'm not giving any of that to Gase.

Gase is your run of the mill, JAG of a head coach. He's going to be the imbodiement of the Same Old Jets.

OUr only advantage over the Dolphins is that we have Darnold. Everyone else sucks on this team. Our OL is just as bad. Our run game just as bad. Our defense missing tons of starters is just as bad. 

We are a poorly constructed football team that would be 1-15 if it wasn't for Darnold and Jamal Adams.

Adam Gase is absolute trash, and we are stuck with him for another year when we have another losing season with a much more difficult schedule and ownership finally is forced to fire him. 

Edited by NYJets4716