Around the League: 2019 Edition

jetskid007

1 hour ago, NJerseypaint said:

Dolphins were perhaps in a worse situation are were able to beat us and the Bengals. Second game we barely scraped by. Meanwhile teams like the Steelers are above water without having their starting QB since week 1. Gase might not have all the talent in the world but we have enough to say that he can't coach up a team.

Hell, has he had one comeback or near comeback this year? He's lost more leads than he's gained back, and certainly has more blowouts than both those scenarios.

Bell and Adams have established an amazing culture. I'm not giving any of that to Gase.

Gase is your run of the mill, JAG of a head coach. He's going to be the imbodiement of the Same Old Jets.

Please do not compare the Steelers above average OL to our pathetic excuse for an OL.  Their OL allows for a run game and the QB to get the ball out of his hands (at 5.14 yards per pass).  And, they only have three more wins than the Jets.  I am not defending Gase (I want him gone), but lets compare the Jets to more roster deficient teams which is due to the poor GM we had.

40 minutes ago, xrade said:

Please do not compare the Steelers above average OL to our pathetic excuse for an OL.  Their OL allows for a run game and the QB to get the ball out of his hands (at 5.14 yards per pass).  And, they only have three more wins than the Jets.  I am not defending Gase (I want him gone), but lets compare the Jets to more roster deficient teams which is due to the poor GM we had.

You can compare coaches while keeping talent in perspective. 

I think the point is that Tomlin has kept his team competitive through similar adversity, whereas, we are not only losing but doing so in an embarrassing way. The Steelers completely redefined their identity to adjust to the situation they were dealt and that's huge testament to Tomlin as a coach.

• Like 3

Ironically, I think GW would've been the perfect HC for Cleveland. They desperately need a hard a** that demands accountability to keep those personalities in check and focused on football. Most overhyped/underwhelming  team since the 2011 "Dream team" Eagles. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Jetfan66 said:

Well if Jets want an out from Gase, we now have it. Between the report regarding the fan base and a possible burner, they can get out from their earlier comments.

How do the players feel about Gase? I get that is not an always easy thing to gauge but have they been playing hard for him?

I ask because of last year when there was still talk Miami may keep him around, that talk quickly dissipated after the Bills beat them 42-17 in the final week and it was pretty clear the team gave up on him. 

I don't foresee that kind of game this week but it would be quite telling if the Bills win a meaningless game playing backups for likely half of it over Gase team again. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

How do the players feel about Gase? I get that is not an always easy thing to gauge but have they been playing hard for him?

I ask because of last year when there was still talk Miami may keep him around, that talk quickly dissipated after the Bills beat them 42-17 in the final week and it was pretty clear the team gave up on him. 

I don't foresee that kind of game this week but it would be quite telling if the Bills win a meaningless game playing backups for likely half of it over Gase team again. 

I can't imagine players have much respect for him.

Hes a offensive genius once again coaching a bad offense.  Gregg williams has had our defense playing hard with tons of injuries. Brent boyer for another season had our st rated as one of the best. 

Our offense started playing better once Darnold marched into the office and started telling gase what he wants and doesn't want. Then we went on a 5-2 run, though our schedule has been weak.  But we are among the worst in talent regardless,  the amount of injuries we have and the worst ol in football.  Poorly constructed football team, bad at the ol, edge,  and cb. 

Darnold likes throwing to tes and his top 2 are injured. 

There is word that players dont like gase, I can't imagine him.having much respect.  He has no leadership skills and blames everyone but himself.  Then he makes a fake Twitter to defend himself and call fans dumb? Hes a trainwreck. 

27 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

As a fan base we all pretty much don’t like him. The players don’t seem to like him either. It’s tough bc he’s pretty much been told he will still have his job next season. And he really hasn’t deserved it.

Man I took a 5 week vacation and came back to the country amped on this team and then watched a classic SOJ moment to see them lose, not only lose but get WORKED, to the winless Bengals and since then I’ve just realized the Jets aren’t worth my time. 

but seriously WHAT is this article from Mehta about Gase. That is some toxic, toxic stuff

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GangGreen420 said:

Man I took a 5 week vacation and came back to the country amped on this team and then watched a classic SOJ moment to see them lose, not only lose but get WORKED, to the winless Bengals and since then I’ve just realized the Jets aren’t worth my time. 

but seriously WHAT is this article from Mehta about Gase. That is some toxic, toxic stuff

I mean there's a 50% chance its manish or gase.

I could see manish making a fake account just to make a article claiming this. 

This is typical Manish. He manufactures a story when his viewership has gone down. There’s a reason why no other reputable sources comment on it; this is standard at NYDN.

Besides, the story is so ridiculous that it’s actually funny. Sounds like he’s writing about Antonio Brown. This press conference tomorrow is going to be fantastic 

• Like 1