Around the League: 2019 Edition

jetskid007

Gase has this team playing hard in meaningless games. I don't think theres a head coach in the league that every single player likes, so the reports of a couple players not liking him doesn't bother me. 

Let JD get him some talent and O line help, another off-season of Darnold learning the offense and hopefully stay relatively healthy and then let's do a full judgement of Gase. 

3 hours ago, jetskid007 said:

This is typical Manish. He manufactures a story when his viewership has gone down. There’s a reason why no other reputable sources comment on it; this is standard at NYDN.

Besides, the story is so ridiculous that it’s actually funny. Sounds like he’s writing about Antonio Brown. This press conference tomorrow is going to be fantastic 

Yeah I am pretty convinced its manish making the burner then making a story on it just to draw attention. 

Remember manish has awful sources.  Same sources that said maccagnan was staying or that gase was a great hire. Manish is terrible and sleazy 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Anderson seeking what Parker got in FA. 

I’d do it honestly wouldn’t surprise me one bit if he got more on the open Market. He’s a legit vertical threat who’s shown growth in his route running and toughness.

4 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

I’d do it honestly wouldn’t surprise me one bit if he got more on the open Market. He’s a legit vertical threat who’s shown growth in his route running and toughness.

Who’s had off the field issues. That alone should push him down a mill or 2 a year. Parker just out produced him and got that. Who is more talented and not a 1 trick guy. I’d offer something around 8mill per and if he doesn’t want it. Let him walk.

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Who’s had off the field issues. That alone should push him down a mill or 2 a year. Parker just out produced him and got that. Who is more talented and not a 1 trick guy. I’d offer something around 8mill per and if he doesn’t want it. Let him walk.

His off field issue were from a couple years ago. He is a good teammate and WANTS to be here. As for the 1 trick pony thing, I will counter that he has been making just as much of an impact on intermediate routes as done the “Go” route. I think it is time to let go of the memories from Robbie of 2017. Is he worth 10 million per year? I don’t know, but please stop remembering Robbie from 2 years ago and look at his current attributes. 

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Let's give Robby some credit when it comes to the off the field nonsense. He seems to gave genuinely cleaned up his act and by all accounts is a great teammate/person. I agree that Parker is the more talented player simply because he can offer more but Robby has earned the right to use his contract as a benchmark. Guys with his vertical presence are in high demand so I think he'd get more than Parker on the open market. I'd be cool with 10mil per but it wouldn't surprise me one bit if he gets more.   

My main issue with Robby is his stats are inflated. And why do I say that? His whole career nearly we’ve been a bad team. And bc of that we are down and slinging the ball around. When we are in a competitive game and running normal routes his game becomes average. And 10mill per isn’t an average. This team needs to start trending to being competitive in every game. And when most his stats come from playing catch up. That’s worrisome for me. Add his off the field stuff and I wouldn’t give him a dime more than 8mill per.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

My main issue with Robby is his stats are inflated. And why do I say that? His whole career nearly we’ve been a bad team. And bc of that we are down and slinging the ball around. When we are in a competitive game and running normal routes his game becomes average. And 10mill per isn’t an average. This team needs to start trending to being competitive in every game. And when most his stats come from playing catch up. That’s worrisome for me. Add his off the field stuff and I wouldn’t give him a dime more than 8mill per.

I am going to have to agree with you. We absolutely need to draft someone then.

Assuming we draft a WR in rd 3 or later, what impact will they have relative to Robbie?  We need playmakers on this team (along with everything else beside iDL).  I am not stating that we should break the bank for WR2, but creating a hole that does not need to be there is not how you build a team with too many holes already. When we have some sustainable success, then letting a player like RA go is the right thing to do.

13 minutes ago, xrade said:

Assuming we draft a WR in rd 3 or later, what impact will they have relative to Robbie?  We need playmakers on this team (along with everything else beside iDL).  I am not stating that we should break the bank for WR2, but creating a hole that does not need to be there is not how you build a team with too many holes already. When we have some sustainable success, then letting a player like RA go is the right thing to do.

I think overpaying a guy is far worse. I think we should offer him 8/per. Maybe go to 9. If he stays firm at 10 let him walk. He’s not so good that this team would be lost without him. Ya we’d need 2-3 WRs then. But this WR group needs a makeover regardless.

So just my 2 cent Bobby but Parker has had injury issues every year except this year which would be a red flag and like others have said I don’t think your giving Robby enough credit on how much his overall game has evolved, yes you bring up the competitive game argument and I’ll counter that with how much is that truly his fault when the OL has been so shaky and hasn’t given Sam enough time to to what he needs to do.

4 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

Jets ended with a record that many of us expected, but my god how we got there was wild. 

Although it was ugly, going 6-2 to close out the second half is something to build on. 

And 2 of those 6 wins were actually something to build off of and good wins. Ugly wins don’t count when you’re bad. All this did was give the team some confidence and screw us in the draft a bit.

26 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

And 2 of those 6 wins were actually something to build off of and good wins. Ugly wins don’t count when you’re bad. All this did was give the team some confidence and screw us in the draft a bit.

Don't agree with you at all. Resilience is a real thing and one can argue that hard-fought wins defines a team's culture much more than a blow-out win. Teaches players that every rep matters; that one thing you did "extra" in preparing for the game could've made the difference between a W or a L. As far as draft positioning, in my opinion its largely meaningless unless you're strategically trying to put yourself in a position to draft a QB or one of the draft's top prospects.