Around the League: 2019 Edition

jetskid007

Just now, jetskid007 said:

Don't agree with you at all. Resilience is a real thing and one can argue that hard-fought wins defines a team's culture much more than a blow-out win. Teaches players that every rep matters; that one thing you did "extra" in preparing for the game could've made the difference between a W or a L. As far as draft positioning, in my opinion its largely meaningless unless you're strategically trying to put yourself in a position to draft a QB or one of the draft's top prospects. 

What’s a positive from last week and this week for the future of this team? What players played great to build off of? Burgess and Basham? Guys who are backups?

Time to move towards the future. Get Darnold help. Build a ol and get some wrs.

Let Anderson walk,  hes not worth big money. Might as well go for cooper if you spend big on a wr.

Joe Douglas needs to prove his worth, he has a monster contract for a gm. He also got the jets to spend on a new scouting department.  Time for them to build a better team and put Darnold in a situation to succeed. 

5 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

Time to move towards the future. Get Darnold help. Build a ol and get some wrs.

Let Anderson walk,  hes not worth big money. Might as well go for cooper if you spend big on a wr.

Joe Douglas needs to prove his worth, he has a monster contract for a gm. He also got the jets to spend on a new scouting department.  Time for them to build a better team and put Darnold in a situation to succeed. 

What’s done is done. What needs to happen is what you’ve said. Rebuild the OL and get a couple weapons on the field. I honestly would be perfectly ok if we barely changed the defensive side of the ball.

5 minutes ago, Bianconero said:

It'd be very #Jets to take away Mark Sanchez' favorite weapons then Sam Darnold's back to back

Resigning Robby should not be a question

For the right price. Go look at the list of WRs making 10mill and above. They’re all vastly better than Robby

• Like 1

Hmmm.....Sterling Shepard, Sammy Watkins, OBJ, Adam Thielen?, Funchess, Emanuel Sanders?, Tyler Boyd.  Are they all truly more important to their team than RA is to the Jets?  Since you refuse to at least be open minded to keeping RA, I will not respond to your steadfast refusal to address reason. 

1 hour ago, xrade said:

Hmmm.....Sterling Shepard, Sammy Watkins, OBJ, Adam Thielen?, Funchess, Emanuel Sanders?, Tyler Boyd.  Are they all truly more important to their team than RA is to the Jets?  Since you refuse to at least be open minded to keeping RA, I will not respond to your steadfast refusal to address reason. 

My reason is his talent doesn’t equal 10mill per. You’re talking to a guy that wants us to get WRs for our QB every offseason. So I don’t just want Robby gone. But he on talent alone is not worth 10mill. All those guys you named are more talented than him with the exception of Funchess. He is far from a complete WR. He in 4 years hasn’t gained a pound to be more physical, still consistently loses 50/50 balls, etc. I’m happy to keep him here just not at that price. He’s worth around 8mill

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

What’s a positive from last week and this week for the future of this team? What players played great to build off of? Burgess and Basham? Guys who are backups?

Missing the point; you're looking at the dynamics of team through a microscopic lens. We all have jobs, and we all want to get rewarded for our work - many times nonfinancially. Wins are the reward, especially in a lost season. Winning tough games helps build character, camaraderie, chemistry, and leadership. Have to keep in mind that the core of this team literally haven't done much winning at all in the 2, 3, 4 years they've spent here. Every win matters when you speak of building a culture. You may take more of an analytical approach, but I personally agree to disagree. Winning matters. 

• Like 2

Perhaps we are looking at it from different angles. I would like to see the Jets competitive and vie for a playoff spot next year. Allowing RA to move on leaves us a hole that may not be filled next year. While I would most certainly like to see sustained success, I do not think we are that far off if we just get a good OL such that we can’t begin that next year. Like I have said before, RA > $10 million is no good. $10 or less I can live with. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

Missing the point; you're looking at the dynamics of team through a microscopic lens. We all have jobs, and we all want to get rewarded for our work - many times nonfinancially. Wins are the reward, especially in a lost season. Winning tough games helps build character, camaraderie, chemistry, and leadership. Have to keep in mind that the core of this team literally haven't done much winning at all in the 2, 3, 4 years they've spent here. Every win matters when you speak of building a culture. You may take more of an analytical approach, but I personally agree to disagree. Winning matters. 

I won’t say winning doesn’t matter. But you want to see growth and positive from those wins. And we can’t say that about the way the season ended. We won ugly games with no one really looking good. Yes that’s great for confidence and culture but not good for the actual future. On the field it still looked bad. Even if it was lucky wins. We aren’t going to play a teams backup and 4th string QBs every week to give us false hope.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bianconero said:

It'd be very #Jets to take away Mark Sanchez' favorite weapons then Sam Darnold's back to back

Resigning Robby should not be a question

Robbie is ok. But wants elite money. And Sam struggled more once his top tes got injured,  he loved throwing to griffin and Herndon.  

I bet Darnold would love a big body wr who catches contested passes and is reliable. 

He was even liking throwing to Thomas, before he got injured.

Anyone who thinks that Anderson is better than Parker should really rewatch their tapes. Parker helps the QB out, Fitzpatrick chucks it up and Parker makes contested grabs. Parker played like a stud this year, like a #1 WR.  

Parker is a much better WR than Anderson, not close. 

• Like 2

Brian Flores totally deserves at least one COTY vote for getting that Dolphins team to 5 wins, including this last one in Gillette to force the Pats to play on Wild Card Weekend. And the NFL will be a far more boring place when Fitzmagic eventually retires.

And hey, we didn't end up being the only team to lose to the Bengals. That's nice.

I know Kitchens was terrible, and promoting him was clearly a mistake, but I'm still a little surprised that they fired him after the one season. I mean, yeah, he sucked, but you can't hire a guy like that with so little actual experience and not expect growing pains. That said, with guys like Rivera and McCarthy available, they're probably making the right call.

Edited by TheChad