Around the League: 2019 Edition

jetskid007

5 hours ago, TheChad said:

What are people's thoughts on the likelihood of each playoff team winning the SB?

Gut feel, I've got:

1. Ravens
  2. 49ers
  3. Saints
  4. Chiefs
  5. Patriots (because it tends to happen)
  6. Seahawks
  7. Packers
  8. Titans
  9. Texans
  10. Bills (Would not be shocked at all to see them beat the Texans though)
  11. Vikings
  12. Eagles (though I'd give them a better shot than the Vikings at getting out of the wild card round)

Really like the Saints this year. They're rolling, and IMO they have the most complete team (yes- more so than BAL). I see them and the Chiefs in the SB; I think the Ravens are going to slip up... can't overlook Bill and his defensive adjustments/Titans running game (keeping BAL O on the sidelines)...

Wild Card Round:  

• AFC: TEN < NE; BUF > HOU
  • NFC: MIN < NO; SEA > PHI 

Divisional Round: 

• AFC: NE > BAL; BUF < KC 
  • NFC: NO > GB; SEA > SF 

Championship Round: 

• AFC: NE < KC
  • NFC: SEA < NO 

Super Bowl: NO > KC

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NYJets4716 said:

Apparently wyatt was caught posting what manish ended up posting. Before quickly being deleted, confirming that manish is wyatt. He really is a terrible person

Gase already has the fan base against him and Manish going lengths to bring him down is just ridiculous. It’s unfortunate but the New York market has the reputation it does for a reason. Just like the story about Gase saying he’s rich and doesn’t care. Doesn’t even sound like him. 

3 hours ago, jetskid007 said:

Really like the Saints this year. They're rolling, and IMO they have the most complete team (yes- more so than BAL). I see them and the Chiefs in the SB; I think the Ravens are going to slip up... can't overlook Bill and his defensive adjustments/Titans running game (keeping BAL O on the sidelines)...

Wild Card Round:  

• AFC: TEN < NE; BUF > HOU
  • NFC: MIN < NO; SEA > PHI 

Divisional Round: 

• AFC: NE > BAL; BUF < KC 
  • NFC: NO > GB; SEA > SF 

Championship Round: 

• AFC: NE < KC
  • NFC: SEA < NO 

Super Bowl: NO > KC

The Saints really do look fantastic. It's a toss-up for me between them and SF in the NFC. Would have gone with the Saints if it was in the Superdome, but with home-field I'm going with Kyle Shanahan and co. Even though I'll never quite forgive him for blowing 28-3.

I'd be really curious to see what Belichick comes up with to counter the Lamar Jackson show too. I think they have to meet in the championship game for us to find out though with BAL as #1 seed and NE as #3 seed.

I watched this earlier today and it gave me a good sense of what the Pats have been doing throughout this historic defensive season:

13 hours ago, NYJets4716 said:

You know whats crazy. Nick Bellore is still in the NFL and is a starting FB for the Seahawks. 

It's funny how some guys just hang around long after you've forgotten them.

Like how Kellen Clemens was still in the NFL two seasons ago. He even threw 8 passes, backing up Philip Rivers.

Meaningless, but I'm happy to see Jamal get the recognition he deserves as a first team all-pro. He's the type of guy I expect will only continue to get better because of his work ethic, passion for the game, and desire to be great. A GENERATIONAL talent at his position. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NJC33 said:

Meaningless, but I'm happy to see Jamal get the recognition he deserves as a first team all-pro. He's the type of guy I expect will only continue to get better because of his work ethic, passion for the game, and desire to be great. A GENERATIONAL talent at his position. 

We need to keep him. Our defense just felt different when he played. Hes the heart and soul.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, JohnnyHectorFan said:

Eddie Jackson got 4 yrs / 56 million or so from the Bears according to ESPN. There’s the going rate. 4 / 60 is the starting point for any  extension for Jamal. 

He’s gonna get something in the ball park of 5/85 imo