Jump to content
jetskid007

Around the League: 2019 Edition

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Exactly. I'm a supervisor for the US Treasury Dept... and I'm a very lenient boss. I'm big on treating my employees great and you get great work. But you still have to demand work (given I only manage 6 people ;) ) This has served me well in the 2 years I've been in my position. The thing you have to be careful with is how long of a string you allow. The old saying you give an inch they take a mile. You don't discipline Q for going to lunch with his wife, then the next player has an excuse why he missed practice for a reason, then the next, and it only gets worse. A line has to be drawn. This is a non story of the whole KO thing and Falk thing never happened. And even more importantly if Q told the team before hand he had plans before hand and rescheduled his treatment. Its about communication. And Q did none of that besides going to social media. His 1st tweet tells you everything you need to know. That he didn't tell the team before hand he was going to miss the treatment. Right then the case is closed. He at that point is not 99% wrong, he's 100% wrong. And that's why he's fined. And he should be.

Yeah after reading more into it it’s seems like Q is making excuses and lacking accountability. You’re making a ton of money to not play. Show up for treatment. If your career is in jeopardy wouldn’t that motivate you more to get better so you don’t have to retire and leave money on the table? It sounded bad and I reacted to a player who I like most but now after actually reading into it, he’s kind of wrong here. Also I hate players getting emotional and going straight to social media. Q was my favorite player but he’s likely played his last Jets game. For what he’s making this year to not be available yet again, take the fine, go to treatment and stay off Twitter. It’s not like the Jets are going to be a hot spot for FAs anyways. We really need to make smart cost effective signings more than trying to go out and BUY someone. The biggest weakness the Jets have outside of no legit lineman, is that outside of the starting 22, the depth is terrible almost everywhere. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Yeah after reading more into it it’s seems like Q is making excuses and lacking accountability. You’re making a ton of money to not play. Show up for treatment. If your career is in jeopardy wouldn’t that motivate you more to get better so you don’t have to retire and leave money on the table? It sounded bad and I reacted to a player who I like most but now after actually reading into it, he’s kind of wrong here. Also I hate players getting emotional and going straight to social media. Q was my favorite player but he’s likely played his last Jets game. For what he’s making this year to not be available yet again, take the fine, go to treatment and stay off Twitter. It’s not like the Jets are going to be a hot spot for FAs anyways. We really need to make smart cost effective signings more than trying to go out and BUY someone. The biggest weakness the Jets have outside of no legit lineman, is that outside of the starting 22, the depth is terrible almost everywhere. 

He definitely should have been fined. But it seems like something rubbed him the wrong way. He’s always been a leader which is why it’s odd.  Did he really expect to be able to skip treatments without telling anyone and get away with it? If that’s the case then he’s just stupid. But this is one of the last players on the team I’d expect this type of behavior from. This kind of stuff probably happens all the time, but it keeps becoming a public fiasco for us and it needs to stop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

He definitely should have been fined. But it seems like something rubbed him the wrong way. He’s always been a leader which is why it’s odd.  Did he really expect to be able to skip treatments without telling anyone and get away with it? If that’s the case then he’s just stupid. But this is one of the last players on the team I’d expect this type of behavior from. This kind of stuff probably happens all the time, but it keeps becoming a public fiasco for us and it needs to stop.

He mentions how he's got a 50/50 chance to even play again. The best way to improve his odds would be by getting his scheduled treatment!! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sapo28 said:

He mentions how he's got a 50/50 chance to even play again. The best way to improve his odds would be by getting his scheduled treatment!! 

Hopefully not for us in any type of significant role. If there’s any possible way to save some $$/get out of his contract we need to exercise it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ekill08x said:

I was completely on the Jets side because I knew KO was just dogging it he has the history. This just seems a little different. It’s a guy whose bled for us and plays hard and whose career is in jeopardy. I’d like to believe the Jets aren’t at fault here but at first glance it seems like we are always at odds with players getting injured. Bobby’s assessment however was spot on. 

I’m pretty sure all it took was some communication. Can I come in earlier to get treatment, hey I have an emergency at home. Why not just let the team know instead of doing what you want. 

I love Q, he’s a fighter but wrong is wrong. Honestly if he doesn’t bring this to light no one knows about it and it’s not an issue publicly. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GangGreen420 said:

Get out of here with your fan superiority nonsense. Your consistently wrong

*You’re

p.s. You big mad 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KingOfTheDot said:

I’m pretty sure all it took was some communication. Can I come in earlier to get treatment, hey I have an emergency at home. Why not just let the team know instead of doing what you want. 

I love Q, he’s a fighter but wrong is wrong. Honestly if he doesn’t bring this to light no one knows about it and it’s not an issue publicly. 

Yeah Q was my favorite. Can’t no call no show. That’s how you get fired or fined. I was wrong about this being a Douglas thing, it’s a Gase thing. I actually don’t hate it. Just needs to happen everywhere and not just with fines. I like accountability. Let’s keep It consistent. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm fine with them disciplining Q. He hasn't had a full season in years, and decides that missing treatment is fine? We are paying you to play, and when not playing to progress towards playing. It's not fine to miss treatments and delay the recovery process, because it's not fine to delay your return to the field and to worsen your fitness level. Gase and JD have it right, you are either here to play and take your role seriously, or we can show you the door. We don't have time for loafers. No one is above the team.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I honestly can say I don’t think Ive ever disliked a  Coach more than I do Gase, cool I get it your trying to build a new “culture” but it just seems like the same things that happened in Miami are now happening here from the offense not working, players going to the media, and players just not buying into him or liking him. Saying all this Quincy is still in the wrong, should have called ahead of time but still he’s never been the type of player I’d peg to put something on social media like this so something must have pushed his buttons

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, GangGreen420 said:

I’m sure this is commonplace around the league.  but the Jets FO seems to lack any type of tact. Q shouldn’t be going public with this but it’s interesting that pissing off the players is now a thing. 

No one expected guys like Adams and Quincy to be clashing with coaches/FO and have always been leaders on this team. It seems JD/Gase or whoever wanna take a hard approach but you can’t if you have no pedigree of winning 

It's not the front office it is Gase.  He does the fines and posts them.  Don't have an issue with the fine or disciplining a player for missing whatever they are suppose to be at.  Don't know how I feel about the posting it for all to see .. in concept I get why but I don't know if that negativity is something that is effective to be posted in the locker room. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, JetsFan15 said:

It's not the front office it is Gase.  He does the fines and posts them.  Don't have an issue with the fine or disciplining a player for missing whatever they are suppose to be at.  Don't know how I feel about the posting it for all to see .. in concept I get why but I don't know if that negativity is something that is effective to be posted in the locker room. 

I agree with this. As a player my response to Gas posting it would be... If you're gonna post my mess up, lets post all the mess ups you've had on the field. If its about accountability, then that's for everyone.

 

I don't think Gase or anyone in the organization should post a personal fine. Fine them, but don't post it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

I agree with this. As a player my response to Gas posting it would be... If you're gonna post my mess up, lets post all the mess ups you've had on the field. If its about accountability, then that's for everyone.

 

I don't think Gase or anyone in the organization should post a personal fine. Fine them, but don't post it.

Gase: ran the ball on 3rd and 4

That would be hilarious to see for some reason. 

Oddly enough we would have not known about this with Q posting that picture. Team could possible void his contract for this action but I doubt it. 

Either way the players have to tighten up, this has been going on since Rex. Part of it the frustration with losing but if every coach just repeats the cycle of not holding guys accountable then the losing will continue. 

I wonder who else was fined since Enunwa crossed out their names and why that player didn’t post it. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Forget just NFL players or professional athletes, in my honest opinion, anyone who has to air out their drama that includes someone else as well really is the lamest softest move. Like come one. This is like teenage girl BS. If I was coaching a team at any level and especially the NFL, the first thing I would say In the first meeting of the league year “Boys, deactivate you social media accounts! If you play for the Yankees no facial hair, Islanders, that AND numbers 1-30, if you’re a New York Jet...pick your number, grow your beard, delete your social media accounts”. If a player has a problem with that...that’s not the player you want in your building. Nothing ever positive comes from opening up on social media. At least very very rarely. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Forget just NFL players or professional athletes, in my honest opinion, anyone who has to air out their drama that includes someone else as well really is the lamest softest move. Like come one. This is like teenage girl BS. If I was coaching a team at any level and especially the NFL, the first thing I would say In the first meeting of the league year “Boys, deactivate you social media accounts! If you play for the Yankees no facial hair, Islanders, that AND numbers 1-30, if you’re a New York Jet...pick your number, grow your beard, delete your social media accounts”. If a player has a problem with that...that’s not the player you want in your building. Nothing ever positive comes from opening up on social media. At least very very rarely. 

Adopting winning habits off the field is just as important as you stated. Especially if we actually start winning you want with these guys being held responsible for their jobs. That leads to long term success. I agree with you about social media. That’s part of the reason I hated what Adams did. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jamal Adams and Leonard Fournette are either breaking each other’s balls in Twitter or are straight beefing. I think they are just ball bustin but I dunno. I’d post it but I’m retarded and failed miserably last time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...