Around the League: 2019 Edition

jetskid007

17 hours ago, Fort4242 said:

I think I remember reading somewhere that was the game plan LSU used against Louisville in their 2016 bowl match-up and LSU dominated 29-9.  Heisman winner Lamar Jackson was 10/27 for 153 yards passing and 26 carries for 33 yards rushing.

He was 19 year old when he played that game.

1 hour ago, Dr.O said:

On to Cincinnati 

We can beat them without even getting off the bus. They have no QB, their two best receivers have been out all year. Their defensive is not bad they just have been on the field way to much. This game should be another confidence builder for Darnold. This game could not have come at a better time.

Edited by doumeyer

We're a pretty awful football team. I don't think that's in question.

The weird thing though, is that we have the same number of wins as the following teams that don't seem to be quite so awful (and none of them have to play Belichick twice):

1. Jacksonville
  2. Denver
  3. San Diego

And more wins than both the lions and cardinals (who I could swear people have been saying have been doing well).

As it stands, there are 7 teams with a worse record than us right now, and I believe we'd be picking #9 overall if the draft happened tomorrow.

Edited by TheChad

Well Fitzpatrick being Fritz again, yesterday against the Eagles he was 27 fir 39 for 365 yards  and 3 TD. He had games like this when he played for Tampa Bay last year. Every time I am ready to bury this guy he comes back. He has a great game and the next week he throws 3 INT's and looks horrible. He has to have the strangers career of any QB I have ever seen. But give him credit he made a small fortune playing in the NFL,  and has a huge mansion in central Jersey.

49 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Just to show how far we are behind...

Pitt is in a playoff spot currently when they're down to their 4th string QB, most weeks there backup of 3rd string RB and even there #1 WR out at times. To go and show you how much coaching, talent and depth we lack.

What you say is very true, however our problems go much further than coaching. The Jets front office lead by Macc, and the Johnson bros set this team back five year with their horrible drafting. I can't think of one Offensive player who Macc, drafted who was any good, in his five years of drafting.

23 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

Ryan Tannehill is 5-1,  leads the league in YPA(9.1), and has 15 total TDs to 5 turnovers in this 6 game span. 

I was going to bring that last week. The Titans are a tough team, give them a couple top offensive weapons and they will be a real contender.

12 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

I was going to bring that last week. The Titans are a tough team, give them a couple top offensive weapons and they will be a real contender.

The Titans have a great core of a team on offense. Average to above average OL. A couple young talented WRs that can show their talent if they have a QB that can get them the ball. A star RB. Its on defense they need help more than offense.

I still think there's a greater than 50% chance that Amari Cooper hits FA. Dallas cant pay all these guys and already has paid a bunch of them. Without yet paying Dak (who will command the most money). If he hits FA... he should be a priority FA for us with OL. Last WR to hit the open market like him was AR15 (and I rate Cooper higher than AR15) and he's worked out good for Chicago.

• Like 1

On 12/6/2019 at 7:23 AM, Bobby816 said:

I still think there's a greater than 50% chance that Amari Cooper hits FA. Dallas cant pay all these guys and already has paid a bunch of them. Without yet paying Dak (who will command the most money). If he hits FA... he should be a priority FA for us with OL. Last WR to hit the open market like him was AR15 (and I rate Cooper higher than AR15) and he's worked out good for Chicago.

I'd love cooper, but...

The Raiders traded him because of motivational issues. Is he going to stay hungry playing for us?

He seems to struggle in big matchup. Does he just feast on lesser CBs? Does he wither in primetime/playoffs?

Why would Cooper come here? Teams like New England, SanFran, Pittsburgh and other more successful franchises in need of a #1 that can pay him close to us with better chances of winning.