Around the League: 2019 Edition

jetskid007

Just now, GangGreen420 said:

I really hope Douglas is all he’s hyped up to be because so far the moves he’s made have been bad (Kalil, Vedvik) and all the ugly injury issues we’ve had with players.

cant be hard to draft better than Mac though 

Yeah, that Kalil move makes me a tiny bit worried

Just now, Bobby816 said:

Enunwa is under the impression he can still play. Worst thing we could do is look at him as an actual body on this roster

After the mess with the fines and having a new JM, I doubt he's coming back. I love him to death, but we're not in a good situation for him. I hope he does recover and plays well. 

1 hour ago, GangGreen420 said:

I really hope Douglas is all he’s hyped up to be because so far the moves he’s made have been bad (Kalil, Vedvik) and all the ugly injury issues we’ve had with players.

cant be hard to draft better than Mac though 

The Khalil signing was a miss. Also, it took him time to find a competent K. Aside from that, he’s been pretty solid.  Far more positives than negatives. 

Trades:

Leo for a 3rd and 4th/5th. That’s a good trade

Trades for quality backups: Alex Lewis, D Thomas, Hairston

Waivers/Signing (more quality backups): Berrios, Canady, Vyncint Smith, Griffen

Lee trade and Burgess waiver claim were done in between Macc firing and JD hire. 

Giving the situation, I thought he did a solid job adding depth to a roster that needed it. We tried out a lot of players and have some descent depth going forward. He’ll make his money getting starters though. But I like that it appears the coaching staff and front office are constantly trying to find the right guys.

Edited by SDotNova

5 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Think 1 of our 3rds and a conditional pick could land us Tyron Smith? With him coming off injury,  High salary, Dallas OLine looked just fine without him and they need cap... he looks like a guy we should target.

Curious what Cowboy fans think Smith’s trade value is. I’m thinking a 2nd or as you suggested and 3rd and a conditional pick.

Cowboy beat writers are still talking about trading for Adams. I agree with you that Smith is likely the odd man out on the OL. The trade I’m thinking about is Adams plus a 3rd (ours) for Smith and the 17th pick. I think that works for both teams. 

Im an Adams fan. I just think he’s getting trading to the Cowboys once they start talking again.

Edited by SDotNova

6 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

Curious what Cowboy fans think Smith’s trade value is. I’m thinking a 2nd or as you suggested and 3rd and a conditional pick.

Cowboy beat writers are still talking about trading for Adams. I agree with you that Smith is likely the odd man out on the OL. The trade I’m thinking about is Adams plus a 3rd (ours) for Smith and the 17th pick. I think that works for both teams. 

Im an Adams fan. I just think he’s getting trading to the Cowboys once they start talking again.

We’d be getting screwed in that deal

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SDotNova said:

The Cowboys were smart to sign Smith to an 8 year extension when they did because he'll be fairly affordable for a long time. He essentially has 2 years, $25.79 million left on his contract (a bargain for someone his caliber) with two additional option years totaling $27.1 million unguaranteed. That being said, I'm sure they can get a massive haul if they decided to; I'd think at least 2 first round picks. It's telling that they were unwilling to part with him in a deal for Adams - likely because they valued him more. 

18 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

The Cowboys were smart to sign Smith to an 8 year extension when they did because he'll be fairly affordable for a long time. He essentially has 2 years, $25.79 million left on his contract (a bargain for someone his caliber) with two additional option years totaling $27.1 million unguaranteed. That being said, I'm sure they can get a massive haul if they decided to; I'd think at least 2 first round picks. It's telling that they were unwilling to part with him in a deal for Adams - likely because they valued him more. 

Hmm. That’s a lot higher than I was thinking. The Redskins wanted a 1st for Trent Williams and couldn’t get it. Cleveland was supposedly offering 2 mid round picks. Both are comparable players but Tyron is 2 years younger. Both haven’t played a complete 16 games in forever. Smith since 2015 and Trent since 2013. 

5 hours ago, Bianconero said:

Yeah, that Kalil move makes me a tiny bit worried

They didn't work out, but the Kalil and Vedvik moves were basically "we're in a terrible position here and need to at least try something" type moves. In my opinion, they were good moves (given the situation) that didn't work out, rather than actual bad ideas.

What are people's thoughts on the likelihood of each playoff team winning the SB?

Gut feel, I've got:

1. Ravens
  2. 49ers
  3. Saints
  4. Chiefs
  5. Patriots (because it tends to happen)
  6. Seahawks
  7. Packers
  8. Titans
  9. Texans
  10. Bills (Would not be shocked at all to see them beat the Texans though)
  11. Vikings
  12. Eagles (though I'd give them a better shot than the Vikings at getting out of the wild card round)

2 hours ago, TheChad said:

What are people's thoughts on the likelihood of each playoff team winning the SB?

Gut feel, I've got:

1. Ravens
  2. 49ers
  3. Saints
  4. Chiefs
  5. Patriots (because it tends to happen)
  6. Seahawks
  7. Packers
  8. Titans
  9. Texans
  10. Bills (Would not be shocked at all to see them beat the Texans though)
  11. Vikings
  12. Eagles (though I'd give them a better shot than the Vikings at getting out of the wild card round)

Just made $500 of a Lamar Jackson card. I'm never rooting against him again. 

Ravens Vs Seahawks would be fun for me.