Around the League: 2019 Edition

jetskid007

9 hours ago, NYJets4716 said:

Derrick Henry is having one of the best postseason runs I've seen at rb.

Lamar it's you want to limit his running and easy passes. Hes a guy who really benefits from his great ol, plenty of times he looked confused and slow to make a throw but had all day. Most of his stats came in garbage time. If you take away his run game and make him throw, usually you win on defense.

All these teams with great ol and dl make me hope the jets get back to that. 

I disagree with you about Lamar, but I'll say his problem was that he had his mind deep into the Superbowl and not the next team. He'll be better next season and other players will want to play with him and the Raven culture. 

Edited by rickyt31

2 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

I disagree with you about Lamar, but I'll say his problem was that he had his mind deep into the Superbowl and not the next team. He'll be better next season and other players will want to play with him and the Raven culture. 

Organizationally the Ravens culture is strong but they got some characters in that locker room and they’re losing their veterans little by little. Yanda is supposedly retiring.

Earl Thomas and Brandon Williams have issues on the defensive side and they talk A LOT. Teams are going to be gunning for them similar to how teams went at Cleveland for all the Super Bowl talk.

1 hour ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Organizationally the Ravens culture is strong but they got some characters in that locker room and they’re losing their veterans little by little. Yanda is supposedly retiring.

Earl Thomas and Brandon Williams have issues on the defensive side and they talk A LOT. Teams are going to be gunning for them similar to how teams went at Cleveland for all the Super Bowl talk.

They've had a strong Culture since Ray Lewis arrived and stayed afterwards.  Suggs used to talk all the time. Their culture is toughness/confidence.  Even when they struggle,  they carry it. Losing some vets won't change it. They'll just replace them and keep it moving. 

1 hour ago, rickyt31 said:

They've had a strong Culture since Ray Lewis arrived and stayed afterwards.  Suggs used to talk all the time. Their culture is toughness/confidence.  Even when they struggle,  they carry it. Losing some vets won't change it. They'll just replace them and keep it moving. 

Suggs talked and backed it up; ET? Not so much. Humphrey also speaking out about them choking. It seems like they got complacent and it hurt them. 

Lamar Jacksons game is not built to last. Teams at this high of a level will figure him out and he will be forced to throw in the pocket at a high level to succeed. Which can happen. He will have to adjust. The good thing for him is he has talent around him and I think they do add another WR for him.

6 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Suggs talked and backed it up; ET? Not so much. Humphrey also speaking out about them choking. It seems like they got complacent and it hurt them. 

ET is a 6 time pro bowler, he often back his talk up. He just had this one bad game. I can't name a team in recent years that didn't have someone look bad after trash talking or had a player go off after a big loss. We just forget when it comes to these winning teams because they are able to get over things like that and continue building forward. When an organization knows the identity it wants and how to hire the right people, it shows through the players. They'll be fine.