Redskins sign OLB/DE Noah Spence

turtle28

53 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

This makes no sense to me unless one of our OLBs suffered an injury and if they’re going to work out an OLB, why not Junior Galette?

We at least know Galette can be a situational pass rusher who’ll get around 5 sacks depending on the snaps he gets.

He was definitely on my list of guys I wanted during his draft class. Would love to see what he could bring to the table. He's younger than Galette and may have more to offer. Galette production is no where near what Petersons was when it comes to age. Some may feel I'm contradicting myself but I think Galeete is past his time, while Spence could offer more. Maybe he replaces Anderson? 

Edited by Skins212689

58 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

He was definitely on my list of guys I wanted during his draft class. Would love to see what he could bring to the table. He's younger than Galette and may have more to offer. Galette production is no where near what Petersons was when it comes to age. Some may feel I'm contradicting myself but I think Galeete is past his time, while Spence could offer more. Maybe he replaces Anderson? 

The year Galette played for us he was one of the leaders in the entire NFL in pressures per snap. He almost had the same amount as Kerrigan and Smith and he got 1/3 the snaps as they did every game. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/theramswire.usatoday.com/2018/02/16/nfl-los-angeles-rams-free-agency-junior-galette-signing/amp/

This past season, Galette earned the second-highest grade of his career (82.4), tied for 31st among 106 edge defenders in 2017. His 37 pressures on 251 pass-rushing snaps resulted in the 14th-highest pass-rush productivity (11.9) among edge defenders.

Edited by turtle28

23 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

The year Galette played for us he was one of the leaders in the entire NFL in pressures per snap. He almost had the same amount as Kerrigan and Smith and he got 1/3 the snaps as they did every game. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/theramswire.usatoday.com/2018/02/16/nfl-los-angeles-rams-free-agency-junior-galette-signing/amp/

Turtle where talking about now, not the year he played with us. I believe NOW Spence would be the better option over Galette. If you disagree that's fine with me. Also the team obviously isn't interested in Galette anymore. 

Edited by Skins212689

2 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

Turtle where talking about now, not the year he played with us. I believe NOW Spence would be the better option over Galette. If you disagree that's fine with me. Also the team obviously isn't interested in Galette anymore. 

Doubt it. I know they’re not interest in Galette and that’s bc Brice Allen is a stubborn idiot! Galette stupidly turned down Allen’s offer to him in 2018 and since that happened Allen will never re-sign him despite the fact that if we signed him he’d be the best quick twitch pass rusher on our roster.

I just don’t know what the plan is here. I don’t think they have a roster spot available unless they’re worried one of the two DL won’t play for weeks, but if that’s the case they shouldn’t be bringing in an OLB, they should be bringing in a 300 lb DL.

Edited by turtle28

36 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Doubt it. I know they’re not interest in Galette and that’s bc Brice Allen is a stubborn idiot! Galette stupidly turned down Allen’s offer to him in 2018 and since that happened Allen will never re-sign him despite the fact that if we signed him he’d be the best quick twitch pass rusher on our roster.

I just don’t know what the plan is here. I don’t think they have a roster spot available unless they’re worried one of the two DL won’t play for weeks, but if that’s the case they shouldn’t be bringing in an OLB, they should be bringing in a 300 lb DL.

How about they are getting rid of Anderson? Bringing up Galette or discussing a 300 lb DL because you want them does nothing when they Cleary are working out Spence a OLB. 

You know eveything so I'll let you believe whatever you'd like to. I really don't care too much more for this stupid *** team anymore. 

Edited by Skins212689

19 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

How about they are getting rid of Anderson? Bringing up Galette or discussing a 300 lb DL because you want them does nothing when they Cleary are working out Spence a OLB. 

You know eveything so I'll let you believe whatever you'd like to. I really don't care too much more for this stupid *** team anymore. 

Jon Allen & Caleb Brantley both might miss the Dallas game, they need to bring in an interior DL.

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

Jon Allen & Caleb Brantley both might miss the Dallas game, they need to bring in an interior DL.

So they will more than likely start Payne at DE, Settle at DT, and The Greek Freak at the other DE postion. You know since Payne can play both positions in your and the teams mind. 

3 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

So they will more than likely start Payne at DE, Settle at DT, and The Greek Freak at the other DE postion. You know since Payne can play both positions in your and the teams mind. 

That’s only 3 players, they need depth. I guess they’ll be promoting Ryan Bee and he and Treyvon Hester will be the reserve DEs.

Edited by turtle28

1 hour ago, Slateman said:

Galette is old. It's telling enough that no one signed him. I'd rather the team got someone young who may develop into a capable player. 

Fair enough bc he’s also fresh and healthy like he was in 2017 when teams had trouble blocking him, that’s all I’m saying. 

14 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Fair enough bc he’s also fresh and healthy like he was in 2017 when teams had trouble blocking him, that’s all I’m saying. 

Literally no one wanted Galette last year. 

And since you brought it up, the "pressures" statistic is maybe the most overrated in all of the NFL. It means nothing. There's never any data on how many times it led to an incompletion or a turnover. It's meaningless. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

51 minutes ago, Slateman said:

Literally no one wanted Galette last year. 

And since you brought it up, the "pressures" statistic is maybe the most overrated in all of the NFL. It means nothing. There's never any data on how many times it led to an incompletion or a turnover. It's meaningless. 

Nah, that's not true, the Redskins offered him a contract which would have tripled his salary and he stupidly turned it down.

Then, he had other workouts but he wanted to get paid more than the teams were offering - and he ended up firing his agent bc of that -  and he also said ”I’m not playing for NO Slave Wages!”

Which, was the dumbest comment in history and probably blackballed him around the league bc if you're making $800,000 plus a year to play a game then it's obviously not a slave wage. Dumbest comment in the history of sports when you're trying to get a contract to play again. 

59 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Nah, that's not true, the Redskins offered him a contract which would have tripled his salary and he stupidly turned it down.

Then, he had other workouts but he wanted to get paid more than the teams were offering - and he ended up firing his agent bc of that -  and he also said ”I’m not playing for NO Slave Wages!”

Which, was the dumbest comment in history and probably blackballed him around the league bc if you're making $800,000 plus a year to play a game then it's obviously not a slave wage. Dumbest comment in the history of sports when you're trying to get a contract to play again. 

So only Bruce Allen wanted him last year.