Skipper

3rivers

1 minute ago, DR43 said:

What is the top mistakes he made?

Colbert?

Keeping Burns, slapping the 5th year option on Dupree. Not just trading AB to NE for a 1st in the first place. 

Burnett.

Not making more of an effort to address the EDGE.

Jarvis Jones

Martavis Bryant

Joshua Dobbs, though today he corrected that mistake.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Colbert?

Keeping Burns, slapping the 5th year option on Dupree. Not just trading AB to NE for a 1st in the first place. 

Burnett.

Not making more of an effort to address the EDGE.

Jarvis Jones

Martavis Bryant

Joshua Dobbs, though today he corrected that mistake.

If he traded AB to the Pats for anything, Steeler fans would have bashed Colbert relentlessly.  The only reason some Steeler fans are NOW saying he should have done it is because he ended up there anyway. 

Hindsight is always 20/20.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

If he traded AB to the Pats for anything, Steeler fans would have bashed Colbert relentlessly.  The only reason some Steeler fans are NOW saying he should have done it is because he ended up there anyway. 

Hindsight is always 20/20.

That and the fact that this didn't come out back then makes me highly skeptical. The Pats would 100% leak that there was a 1st on the table if it were true.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, warfelg said:

That and the fact that this didn't come out back then makes me highly skeptical. The Pats would 100% leak that there was a 1st on the table if it were true.

the rumored offer from NE back then was a 2nd and 4th rd pick(only slightly better than what oak offered) I don't believe morts "sources" that NE offered a 1st ..

• Like 1

Dumb decision not to keep a player with potential especially over someone like Chickilo who should have never received a new contract in the first place and who has showed exactly what he is - a fringe backup if that.

I'm not sure if the Steelers actually thought they were going to "sneak" Skipper through without anyone picking him up. Apparently they think it's 1940 and no other team has preseason footage of Skipper. Skipper very well could be nothing more than a backup as well or even released but at least keep the guy who was the talk of training camp and productive in the time he was on the field over players that have no upside at all.

Just now, Chieferific said:

When did Johnny Holton become Deandre Hopkins?

Huh?

I don't particularly like Dunlap, I only follow because I think the MM/CD twitter feud is hilarious (because they are both dumb-you-know-whats).  But this made me spit out some milk with how funny it was.  It's true.  Some people are acting like we lost a 10 time all pro.

6 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Huh?

I don't particularly like Dunlap, I only follow because I think the MM/CD twitter feud is hilarious (because they are both dumb-you-know-whats).  But this made me spit out some milk with how funny it was.  It's true.  Some people are acting like we lost a 10 time all pro.

I get it but for MOST of us it's about there being better options to cut. Players with a low ceiling/low floor and offer nothing except ST play. It's not about who Skipper is now but more about what he could be and the cost of finding out were scrubs. But the scrubs were kept instead.