Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
3rivers

Skipper

Recommended Posts

Here is my question. So they brought back Hodges and activated Elliot. Who else is getting cut?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Jayrone Elliot was just signed to active roster. Aka, Dupree you've been put on notice. This dude is a baller, yes a journeyman but a baller and that strip sack TD in preseason had ppl noticing him.

 

>:(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, 3rivers said:

he signed with the giants. Is anyone here thinking this was a terrible mistake by colbert letting Skipper go? I can't believe they allowed this to happen.   

I don't think this is Colbert tbh. I just really don't. I think Tomlin thought they had a chance. Classic Tomlin. Trix are for kids. I think he thought Moncrief wouldn't be able to do his job and stretch the field. Classic Moncrief. So, he brought in some insurance. And he promoted Johnny Holton. Hence, the one deep ball to Holton. It was in the gameplan. It just wasn't executed properly. Classic Tomlin.

Looking at the roster. Instead of cutting a Tomlin guy, Chickilo, Switzy, anybody else, but the guy who had 5 sacks in the preseason.

This move screams Tomlin. He wanted help for the NE game, and Colbert is over there giving the man what he wants.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pour one out for the ole' Skipper. I'd trade about anything for Skipper. Chickilo doesn't even get past the RT. Let alone have the ability to tackle the QB.

I'd give them BJ Finney. That OL of the Giants is terrible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, wwhickok said:

Here is my question. So they brought back Hodges and activated Elliot. Who else is getting cut?

I dont think anyone? Thought Im not 100%

They took Holton off the PS and put him active and cut Tuzar then. I think they left that extra PS spot open, so Hodges takes that and Elliot gets Dobbs place on the 53. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dcash4 said:

I dont think anyone? Thought Im not 100%

They took Holton off the PS and put him active and cut Tuzar then. I think they left that extra PS spot open, so Hodges takes that and Elliot gets Dobbs place on the 53. 

 Yeah I miss read that I did not realize Hodges  Was added to the practice squad which I feel like is pointless because hes literally not going to do anything except hold everyone's gatorade

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Was added to the practice squad which I feel like is pointless because hes literally not going to do anything except hold everyone's gatorade

Actually, I think its huge that he is back. He can absorb all aspects of the offense. One year in-system can be so big for a position that's supposed to understand how all other positions work during the course of a play. He will take a jump from knowing the keys behind offense to knowing everything about the offense. Its less about this year as it is important for him next year in the offseason. Gets a chance to be super comfortable and really come in and compete. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dcash4 said:

Actually, I think its huge that he is back. He can absorb all aspects of the offense. One year in-system can be so big for a position that's supposed to understand how all other positions work during the course of a play. He will take a jump from knowing the keys behind offense to knowing everything about the offense. Its less about this year as it is important for him next year in the offseason. Gets a chance to be super comfortable and really come in and compete. 

 

 I'll be honest I really like him as the future backup to Rudolph if he sticks around long enough.

 I really feel like the 1st 3 preseason games showed you what U is capable of and I don't feel like the final one was very fair the offensive line played so badd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, wwhickok said:

Colbert?

Keeping Burns, slapping the 5th year option on Dupree. Not just trading AB to NE for a 1st in the first place. 

Burnett.

Not making more of an effort to address the EDGE.

Jarvis Jones

Martavis Bryant

Joshua Dobbs, though today he corrected that mistake.

 

I know New England was rumored to offer a first rounder for AB but is that true?  I dont think that has been established as fact.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DR43 said:

I know New England was rumored to offer a first rounder for AB but is that true?  I dont think that has been established as fact.

Tbh, I doubt it. They may have if we had been willing to talk with them but Pittsburgh made it clear from day 1 it wasnt happening

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

looking forward to seeing what Hodges looks like next preseason. he'll have 1 whole year under his belt and will face/play with better competition. hope he pushes mason for  healthy competition for the back-up role

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Money said:

Pour one out for the ole' Skipper. I'd trade about anything for Skipper. Chickilo doesn't even get past the RT. Let alone have the ability to tackle the QB.

I'd give them BJ Finney. That OL of the Giants is terrible.

Foster is a leader, but Finney is better and more versatile, keep Finney.  They really wasted skipper, I doubt they could trade anyone to get him. Trade, moncrief, chickillo and dupree :) Then trade to get Peterson21 to help CB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DR43 said:

Jarvis Jones

I forgot all about himxD  Is that good memory loss?

Jarvis and dupree comparable? Not bruce davis but just asking

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The last time I seen an uproar to losing a player like this was when Matthew Thomas decided the Ravens were a better option.  The world was falling apart for some fans.  Year later the guys not even sniffing an nfl roster.  I liked Skipper too and it is a shame we took the risk and lost him but oh well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, 95lloyd said:

The last time I seen an uproar to losing a player like this was when Matthew Thomas decided the Ravens were a better option.  The world was falling apart for some fans.  Year later the guys not even sniffing an nfl roster.  I liked Skipper too and it is a shame we took the risk and lost him but oh well.

"The world was falling apart" is hyperbolic but I understand your point.  I think it's just some would rather take a chance on a young high potential guy at the end of the roster then a Vet that offers little but STs.  As for Thomas, he had all the talent but there was a comprehension problem or a dedication problem.  That was known all along.  The hope was that the light would come on.  Apparently it didn't.  Skipper appears to have the talent to succeed if given some time.  I'd take both over Chick and/or Red.  Neither offers anything on Defense and their only contribution is on STs where (IMO) they can be replaced fairly easily.  If neither pans out, what did we lose? Two STs scrubs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×