Why is Ryan Switzer on the roster?

armsteeld

He’s not really the first look on anything, so it’s not a huge deal. He is consistent and reliable. 

I do have a problem with them seeming to want to get him MORE work (aka, his backfield stuff). I don’t think he has earned more looks. But so much of the stuff people complain about he isn’t the primary. He’s a checkdown and a hot and that’s about it. Just wish he could make 1 person miss. 

• Like 1

I understood why they traded for him last year with Rogers hurt and needing someone to take over the return duties. However, I much rather have had Spencer make the teams this season over him. Even though it was a small sample Spencer looked electric with the ball in his hands. Switzer never makes me think he is going to break off a big return or do something after the catch. He's a safety valve.

Who remembers when our ST was atrocious? Yes it still has its moments but just a few years back does anyone remember when the worst part of our team was ST? How we were constantly allowing huge returns?

Nix is fairly cheap and an excellent ST player. He is also an excellent blocker though not utilized often.

While maybe Matakevich could've lost his spot to someone better, was there someone? ST matters, I'm not about to cut bait with every single player that can do it.

If you plan your roster right you have 11 Offense, 11 defensive and 11 ST starters (kicker/punter is included of course in that #)

Some of those 11 ST might also be part of the other 22. That gives you 20 or more spots for depth. Let's not pretend like those front 33 arent all equally important to success.

BB gets it. You know how I know? 6 SBs since Tom Brady became their QB

• Like 1