Why is Ryan Switzer on the roster?

armsteeld

2 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Maybe we'll see some Samuels as the h-back. 

I wouldn’t mind seeing him used in that sorta way, but what I want with Nix as an H-back is along the lines of how the rams use their tight ends. They use them so often as pulling lead blockers from across a formation and as eye play for linebackers in the passing game for miss reads. I think Nix could excel in that role. 

But, my offensive philosophy apparently differs greatly from Fitchner. I like personnel groupings that can be used for multiple facets and use one group for multiple plays while offering different formational looks each play. Nix can be an off line Tight TE one play with McDonald split wide one play followed by McDonald in-line and Nix in the backfield the next, to Nix riding sidecar to Ben in shotgun and Conner split out wide of JuJu then a double tight right with McDonald in-line with Nix h-back off his shoulder. 

4 different formations, same personnel grouping - force the defense to stick with one grouping and exploit the mismatches. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, armsteeld said:

Seriously. Why? He is force fed the ball and produces jack ****. He's cool with Bug Ben and likes to kiss fans' butts by acting goody goody but he's awful as a football player.

I don't remember writing this post. I must've blacked out after that beating. 

p.s. Switzy.... for one

18 hours ago, Dcash4 said:

I wouldn’t mind seeing him used in that sorta way, but what I want with Nix as an H-back is along the lines of how the rams use their tight ends. They use them so often as pulling lead blockers from across a formation and as eye play for linebackers in the passing game for miss reads. I think Nix could excel in that role. 

But, my offensive philosophy apparently differs greatly from Fitchner. I like personnel groupings that can be used for multiple facets and use one group for multiple plays while offering different formational looks each play. Nix can be an off line Tight TE one play with McDonald split wide one play followed by McDonald in-line and Nix in the backfield the next, to Nix riding sidecar to Ben in shotgun and Conner split out wide of JuJu then a double tight right with McDonald in-line with Nix h-back off his shoulder. 

4 different formations, same personnel grouping - force the defense to stick with one grouping and exploit the mismatches. 

That is pretty smart stuff. I think unpredictability is such a benefit to to an NFL team in all facets.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

That is pretty smart stuff. I think unpredictability is such a benefit to to an NFL team in all facets.

I’m just big on forcing teams (defensively) to communicate and be well versed on how to handle all situations. If you can have multiple looks out of one personnel grouping, teams really need to be well studied on how to handle everything or you force them to go basic. 

Look how often we mess ourselves up because we don’t have everyone on the same page. It’s not that these things happen all the time, but simple things for the offense to do can cause breakdowns which lead to big plays. 

Too often I don’t think we are thinking of how defenses will react, or better yet I often thing we don’t care. We just run our plays and our offense because we run our plays and our offense. I don’t think Fitchner is that good of an offensive mind. 

• Like 1

The Steelers offensive playcalling is just crap.  On a 3rd or 4th and short the QB gets under center and you have a RB in the backfield.  You at lest make the defense think you might run the ball.  If Roethlisburger is that bad under center they are screwed to start.

• Like 1