Week 3 Game Day Thread

naptownskinsfan

1 hour ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Yeah very pleasantly surprised by how they've looked on defense, I was expecting MAJOR step back but the unit is still pretty solid. The pass protection against one of more formidable pass rushes in entire nation was another huge takeaway, this line is the best one Stoops has had, I wish there was a Snell or Stanley Williams to run behind it.

Won't overreact too much but man Trask might prove to be major upgrade. Franks had the best tools so not surprised he won out, his ceiling would bring offense to different level than the rest, but bottom line is he is just not consistent enough. Between the poor decisions and just missing throws he should have. Trask looked pretty disciplined, take what the offense gives him, not to mention he is an absolute unit, could be Tebow-esque weapon inside the 5 where his lack of speed won't matter as much. Not many QBs could pull off that ridiculous lateral he got off while falling.

Luckily for UF, they have a bye week coming up to get Trask in rhythm for the rest of the season.

@naptownskinsfan where do I post this?

https://www.al.com/uab/2019/09/uab-athletic-director-mark-ingram-talks-komodo-dragons-new-stadium-and-more.html

AL.com: Fans are really excited about it. Some on Twitter have even suggested a live komodo dragon exhibit? What are your feelings on that and is it within your power to make it happen?

Ingram: "Funny story. I came here from Temple University and they are the Owls. And we partnered with a zoo in Philadelphia to get a live owl at our games. The owl’s name was Stella, and she was really stout and a beautiful animal, and fortunately well-trained. You could take your picture next to Stella, fans loved it, and we brought her to football and basketball games and she just sat on a perch with her handler. It was really a neat deal.

"So, I thought the same thing coming here. How cool would it be to get a komodo dragon? As luck would have it, within my first couple of weeks, someone from the Birmingham Zoo was here for a meeting. Introduced, and I said, ‘Oh my gosh, I can’t believe you’re here. I’ve got this idea I want to share with you. What do you think having a komodo dragon?”’

"And they looked at me like I was crazy.

"They said, ‘You understand this is basically like an alligator?’ I said, ‘No, I didn’t. I thought it was more like a large iguana.’ They said, ‘No, it’s a meat-eating carnivore and it’d be like having an alligator here.’

"I said, ‘Oh, OK, well maybe you could bring it, it could be in a cage? Because LSU and Memphis, there’s a lot of people who have tigers like that.’

"They said, ‘Well, what about the spit?’

"I said, ‘I don’t understand.’

"They said, ‘They spit at their prey and the spit causes paralyses. So, you know, they can go and eat it.’ I said, ‘So this is a bad idea is what you’re saying?’

“Children getting spit on and paralyzed, and eaten, potentially, by the komodo dragon. I thought it seemed like a great idea, but apparently it’s not as good of an idea as I once thought.”

• Like 3