The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly: Week 1 MNF v. Denver Broncos

Trojan

that was a great team win. love how they came together after all the non-sense. Gruden has this team playing together.

Carr was in command, and played like the Franchise QB that he is.

The OL played GREAT, that is probably the best DE tandem in the league and they completely shut them down. Miller and Brown took care of business. Kind of scary when you realize we are missing two starters.

WR core, came up with some big catches. No big drops and came up big in big moments. Williams is gonna have a huge year, he exactly the type of WR DC loves. A very rich mans Andre Holmes.

Darren Waller looks like a Pro Bowl TE. Sure hands and very good after the catch. 

Jacobs is our best all around back since i can remember. He had some very nice runs in short yardage situations that kept the chains moving. That catch and run was a thing of beauty. Dude is also the man in pass pro. 

The defensive played well, they played fast and physical all night. 

Really impressed by the rookie DE's Ferrell and Crosby are going to be nice pieces to this team moving forward. Mayowa had a nice night. 

White head and Burfict played a nice game, really didnt have any gash type runs untill late when we were playing a little softer. Burfict was a great pick up, giving us a leader in the middle of the D. Hopefully he can hold up.

The secondary played a really nice game, we even had a coverage sack lol whens the last time thats happened lol. 

I love Abrams intensity,  yea, hes gonna rack up some penalties but he sets the tone and plays with passion. Dude lays the wood. Didnt hear from Sanders untill Conley went out. Glad hes ok. 

Last but not least, have to give it up to the coaching staff. We played discipline and executed the game plan beautifully, we were in control the entire night. Cable gets a lot of crap, but his OL shut down a very good defense with to back ups. The defense looks very nice under Guenther. Chuckys 100th win, hes also gotten a lot of ****, but hes kept this team together and they are playing hard for him

I know i layed it on a little thick, but im very proud of the way they came out last night. Hopefully they can keep it up and use this positive momentum vs KC.

• Like 1

It all starts here:

1. The line played great which allows everything else to fall into place.

2. Carr looked comfortable, was accurate, and made good decisions.  Couple of throws were absolute dimes.

3. Running game looked good but 3.5 per needs to improve and no way does Jacobs get that may touches every game.  He will hit he wall by week 12.

4. Receiving group was easily the biggest surprise for me.  Waller (Crow tastes good) and Williams played great and are mismatch nightmares.  Williams catch going down the seam was the highlight of the night for me.

5. D line played well but I think that coaching and scheme has more to do with their success.  The secondary really helped them out also.  Not going to complain because they did their job.  Going forward they need to get to the QB faster.  Facing Flacco inflated those sack numbers.

6. Burfict was such a good pickup.  I believe he is the difference maker.  Loved his aggression and smarts.

7. The secondary was great until Conley went down then Mullen started getting picked on.  He's young and needs a little time but he did not look bad for a rookie.  He just looked like a rookie.  The Conley injury sucked but I would not change how Abram plays.  He needs to be smarter but I love how him and Joseph had the WRs scared.  Seeing Broncos players taking a few seconds to get up is great.  We were smacking players around all night and only one personal foul.  If Abram, Joseph, and Burfict can keep hitting people and playing that way we will start to change our defensive culture. 

Other teams are going to score no matter what.  I just want them to earn it with pain.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, big_palooka said:

Lord have mercy.... it's been 1 game. Maybe save the victory lap when they show consistency against these next 5 opponents? 

With how our first 7 games are scheduled we will be lucky to come away 4-3.  Next week we need to beat KC because `we are probably going 2-3 on our road trip.  I think we beat the Colts and the Texans but lose the rest.  If we were playing the Bears at home instead of overseas I would say that is a win also but we will not win in London.  We are 1-3 in international games, have been the home team everytime, and our only win was in Mexico City.  We have a hard enough time winning games east of the Mississippi.

11 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Lord have mercy.... it's been 1 game. Maybe save the victory lap when they show consistency against these next 5 opponents? 

I agree. Whats encouraging for me is, everything I wanted to aee was confirmed. 

I am curious, what will make you happy from now til the bye.