The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly: Week 1 MNF v. Denver Broncos

Trojan

13 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Lord have mercy.... it's been 1 game. Maybe save the victory lap when they show consistency against these next 5 opponents? 

i mean you were hella quick to jump on Miller during his rookie season, he looked very good last night. Shut down Chubb and that block on the screen was beautiful. 

3 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

With how our first 7 games are scheduled we will be lucky to come away 4-3.  Next week we need to beat KC because `we are probably going 2-3 on our road trip.  I think we beat the Colts and the Texans but lose the rest.  If we were playing the Bears at home instead of overseas I would say that is a win also but we will not win in London.  We are 1-3 in international games, have been the home team everytime, and our only win was in Mexico City.  We have a hard enough time winning games east of the Mississippi.

I don’t know, the Bears and the Packers didn’t impress me either.

the most promising thing for me, is these guys are well coached and are paying for each other. Gruden had a very nice and balanced game plan last night, and i am very impressed with Guenther. Last season we improved as the season went on, thats coaching. This year, we added a bunch of talent throughout the roster to go with that coaching, we arent a finished product, far from it but we are on our way and will be competitive. I still stand on my 8-8 prediction, but i feel a lot better moving forward. A lot of teams would have **** the bed last night, with all that has been going on.

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I'm on the east coast, it was a late night and I was too lazy to get to the computer. 

I'm overreacting a little to Abram. He just has to be smarter with his hits. He's going to draw a lot of flags. 

Raiders played a clean game. Was great to see them prepared and dominating upfront. Still have reservations about the pass rush. Flacco is a statue back there and holds the ball. Next week will be a big test.

Pass rush.  I got several looks at Arden Key with whom I hope can be a good to great DE.  I didn't watch him every play but the ones I saw showed he only has one move.  He contains the outside but tries to run past the LT and gets pushed further outside.  His technique appears limited as it was in the past.  Mack had several moves to get around or passed the LT.   Key needs work.

1 hour ago, drfrey13 said:

3. Running game looked good but 3.5 per needs to improve and no way does Jacobs get that may touches every game.  He will hit he wall by week 12.

We should see a ton of improvement in our running game once Incognito and Jackson are both back in a few weeks. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I'm overreacting a little to Abram. He just has to be smarter with his hits. He's going to draw a lot of flags. 

It's pretty concerning that they're already benching him on passing downs in favor of Curtis Riley. Mahomeboy is going to abuse Abram and Mullen next week. 

• Like 1

Abram not getting all the snap is not alarming week1. If it continues to happen in 5 weeks then yes, that's alarming. Obvious the Raiders don't want to give him to much and one time. He needs to be smarter, but I rather have a guy who you have to tell them take it down a notch then someone you doesn't play with that type of mentality. 

I would also like to eat crow on Josh Mauro. I now see what the Raiders saw. He was really good made some good plays on the defensive line. 

• Like 1

I don't get the over reaction with Abrams. He played 49 of 64 snaps. Worley was the only guy that played all of the defensive snaps. Vontaze and Joyner were tied with 56 for second. 

Unless you were naive, when we are playing a 4 DB (base 2 CB 2 S) look on Defense (which wasn't very often), that KoJo and Joyner would be on the field. Abram is the 5th DB.