Week 2 GDT: Giants vs. Bills @ 1:00pm EST

Giants4eva

8 minutes ago, Giants4eva said:

Great we got the Bucs next week. We are going to get absolutely slaughtered. That defense under Todd Bowles looked almost as good as the Bears. After we go 0-3 I got a feeling we might see heads begin to role.

I don’t think anyone in the front office thought we would be 2-1 and could even argue 1-2 was a stretch. This defense is horrendous. 

Would anyone spend draft capital on Minkah Fitzpatrick? 

35 minutes ago, YogiBiz said:

I don’t think anyone in the front office thought we would be 2-1 and could even argue 1-2 was a stretch. This defense is horrendous. 

I think he's too expensive (draft capital, not $$) for us to pull the trigger. Our draft picks are gold at this point because the team is cheeks. 

Overall game reaction: obviously not good. You can't look that noncompetitive. Bill Cowher made a great point on Boomer & Gio this morning. Eli cannot do anything well unless it's scripted and that is the biggest issue. Eli is not playing horribly, he just doesn't have the ability to change the game anymore, which means you have to execute in every other facet of the game and we do not have a good enough roster to do that. 

POSITIVES:

1. The OL had another good game. For the most part, the pocket is clean and lanes are being opened for the best RB in the league. Unfortunately, we just end up playing from behind too early and they don't have an opportunity to dictate the game.
  2. I liked what I saw from Lorenzo Carter. He got some good pressure yesterday. When it's only one guy, he's not going to be able to TRULY impact a game but he could be a very valuable player moving into 2020 when (if) we finally spend a top draft pick on an edge rusher.
  3. TJ Jones. At least somebody on the roster can do something exciting. 

NEGATIVES:

1. Alec Ogletree and Jabrill Peppers. These are two guys who are effective when they are making splash plays. They have to play aggressive and take chances but it's not happening. Maybe that's due to a large defensive issues but they serve no purpose playing a conservative game. 
  2. DL - idk what you guys think but all of a sudden, we can't stop the run. That's the one thing we were supposed to consistently do well with all those big dudes up there. 
  3. Bennie Fowler - too many dropped passes. Some not his fault but there were a few killers. I understand our main guys are injured but I just don't see the value in sending him out there anymore. He's obviously not in our long-term plans. Let's see what we have with younger guys like we're doing with the rest of the roster?

1 hour ago, YogiBiz said:

I would offer a 2nd round pick and point out to the Dolphins that it’s going to be a very very high second round pick. Fitzpatrick is apparently one of the best slot corners in the league, and he would be the best cover safety we’ve had in years

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Gmen said:

I would offer a 2nd round pick and point out to the Dolphins that it’s going to be a very very high second round pick. Fitzpatrick is apparently one of the best slot corners in the league, and he would be the best cover safety we’ve had in years

Id be down with a 2nd. If the Dolphins see us as coughing up a 2nd (which obviously at this point would be a VERY high 2nd) to take Fitzpatrick off their hands, I think they would jump at the bit to do it. Because essentially it would be a very close 1st rounder.

Watching the Falcons and Eagles defenses play was a breath of fresh air after watching the Giants. Everything was contested. The blitzes dialed up by Schwartz worked nearly every time. The players are built for the modern NFL - Neal, Jarrett, Jones. So refreshing to see quality defensive football. 

2 hours ago, Gmen said:

Watching the Falcons and Eagles defenses play was a breath of fresh air after watching the Giants. Everything was contested. The blitzes dialed up by Schwartz worked nearly every time. The players are built for the modern NFL - Neal, Jarrett, Jones. So refreshing to see quality defensive football. 

Jim Schwartz is just a great mind for the Eagles. There are certain men in the NFL whom are just better at being a coordinator then a head coach. Schwartz, Bowles, Spags.. prime examples. Schwartz is a guy id love to have a def coordinator. Him or Rex Ryan. 

8 hours ago, Gmen said:

According to Gil Brandt, there were 3 sure thing prospects in 2018: Saquon, Quenton Nelson, and Minkah Fitzpatrick. I have to imagine the only thing holding the Giants back from offering a 2nd straight up is they've already invested so much in DB recently. But I make that deal no questions asked. You wont find a better player in the 2nd. 

• Like 1