The Philadelphia 76ers Thread: Where Simmons, yet again, guards fours

Utley

4 minutes ago, tonyto36 said:

Again, I was just speculating.  You might have missed the edit but I did note how I do recall reading a rather flattering article on him.

Even if it's not character concern or however you want to spin it, you have to admit the judgement for screwing with his shot by himself was not a good decision.

As for the last part, the Celtics literally had a photo shoot set up for Fultz when he came in.  They were as much selling him to the fans (and the likely future IT trade in some fashion) as they were studying him.

Of course it was a bad decision. Kids that age make bad decisions all the time. He probably never thought how it could affect his shot long-term because kids rarely do.

And yes I did miss your edit. But as for the Celtics thing, teams have those sorts of things all the time for guys they are considering. THere's a chance he didn't blow Ainge away in the workout, but I doubt the interview impacted him.

I've been through Simmons is a bust, Embiid is a busy and Dario is a busy because he's never coming. I've also been through MCW being rookie of the Year.

My point is that for people to be calling Fultz a bust is laughable. Was changing his shot a sub optimal thing to do? Absolutley, but he's got way way too much talent shooting ability aside to be an effective NBA player. His ballhandling and driving ability are excellent and he' definitely a plus athlete. Does anyone know Dwayne Wade's career 3pt %? It's pretty brutal but he's a champion and an all time great. I'm not saying he' Wade but give the kid some time to play before casting judgement.

Not you guys either just venting

On 1/26/2018 at 11:25 PM, EaglesFan5-36-81 said:

I've been through Simmons is a bust, Embiid is a busy and Dario is a busy because he's never coming. I've also been through MCW being rookie of the Year.

My point is that for people to be calling Fultz a bust is laughable. Was changing his shot a sub optimal thing to do? Absolutley, but he's got way way too much talent shooting ability aside to be an effective NBA player. His ballhandling and driving ability are excellent and he' definitely a plus athlete. Does anyone know Dwayne Wade's career 3pt %? It's pretty brutal but he's a champion and an all time great. I'm not saying he' Wade but give the kid some time to play before casting judgement.

Not you guys either just venting

The problem is he's not close to the finisher that Wade is, nor is it his game. He was a pure shooter, the ability to drive was somewhat a product of his shooting ability. Teams closed hard because they respected it. He's a subpar player with his jumper as broken as it is right now, its very fair to be concerned over Fultz future. His jumper is STUPID broken.

1 hour ago, MookieMonster said:

The problem is he's not close to the finisher that Wade is, nor is it his game. He was a pure shooter, the ability to drive was somewhat a product of his shooting ability. Teams closed hard because they respected it. He's a subpar player with his jumper as broken as it is right now, its very fair to be concerned over Fultz future. His jumper is STUPID broken.

He's not as good of finisher as Wade, but he's a very good one.

Just now, utley4568 said:

He's not as good of finisher as Wade, but he's a very good one.

Definitely showed promise there at Washington, but again, I think his ability there was in part due to his shooting ability. Much easier to drive when guys are afraid of your jumper. Much harder when they won't respect it at all.

1 minute ago, MookieMonster said:

Definitely showed promise there at Washington, but again, I think his ability there was in part due to his shooting ability. Much easier to drive when guys are afraid of your jumper. Much harder when they won't respect it at all.

Fair enough. He should still get similar space because of the players around him now, though.

1 minute ago, utley4568 said:

Fair enough. He should still get similar space because of the players around him now, though.

Really tough situation. Have to feel for the kid, I can't remember a time where a guy messed up his mechanics so bad. They need to get him private help, don't the Bucks use a guy who's like a shot mechanic guru?

1 minute ago, MookieMonster said:

Really tough situation. Have to feel for the kid, I can't remember a time where a guy messed up his mechanics so bad. They need to get him private help, don't the Bucks use a guy who's like a shot mechanic guru?

Brett Brown is probably the best shooting coach he can get outside of Engelland. I imagine this offseason will be entirely dedicated to it.

• 3 weeks later...

Marco Belinelli signed with us. 38% from 3 on the season, played with Pop in SA so Brown should be comfortable with him, and gives us some nice depth in the 2nd unit. Also cool that he supposedly picked us over Thunder, Raptors, Bucks and Portalnd. 

Also I hate Colangelo. he has handled his Fultz thing terrible and has been invisible, putting it all on Brown again. the reason they made us supposedly hire him was because Hinkie never was visible...

On 2/12/2018 at 11:45 PM, mm6492 said:

Marco Belinelli signed with us. 38% from 3 on the season, played with Pop in SA so Brown should be comfortable with him, and gives us some nice depth in the 2nd unit. Also cool that he supposedly picked us over Thunder, Raptors, Bucks and Portalnd. 

Also I hate Colangelo. he has handled his Fultz thing terrible and has been invisible, putting it all on Brown again. the reason they made us supposedly hire him was because Hinkie never was visible...

Colangelo hasn't done anything useful in his entire tenure here. 

#HinkieDiedForOurWins