The Philadelphia 76ers Thread: Where Simmons, yet again, guards fours

Utley

1 hour ago, resilient part 2 said:

Hypothetical question, if Philly could get Hinkie back at GM, would you guys do it?

Probably not. He did what he needed to do and what we have now is working for us, I don't see Hinkie having us in a better situation than we are at this moment in time. Hinkie will always hold a special place in our hearts, but we have a good thing going and I see no reason to change that.

2 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

Hypothetical question, if Philly could get Hinkie back at GM, would you guys do it?

Nah

He should live in Philly infamy forever for what he did, but as already eloquently pointed out above, he already did his job.

I dont think he would be good at all at having to run a team thats championship ready. What needs to happen is this: he comes back to basketball as the first ever GM who comes in for just 3-4 years, builds a core by tanking and collecting assets, drops mic, leaves team in such great shape that tards like the Colangelos can come in and run it, and wash rinse repeat somewhere else

4 hours ago, BAConrad said:

Nah

He should live in Philly infamy forever for what he did, but as already eloquently pointed out above, he already did his job.

I dont think he would be good at all at having to run a team thats championship ready. What needs to happen is this: he comes back to basketball as the first ever GM who comes in for just 3-4 years, builds a core by tanking and collecting assets, drops mic, leaves team in such great shape that tards like the Colangelos can come in and run it, and wash rinse repeat somewhere else

so many things had to break wrong to break right I doubt hinkie could ever really repeat what he did here to get two generational talents and then a guy with as much potential as fultz. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

so many things had to break wrong to break right I doubt hinkie could ever really repeat what he did here to get two generational talents and then a guy with as much potential as fultz. 

I also think he is smart enough to adapt his philosophy and strategy to the current rules and NBA environment.

5 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

yeah but having good young players hurt worked to his advantage you can't bank on that.

Hinkie would still probably do a good job and take Philly in the right direction but him stepping down and things coming into place like they have since have probably helped him become the cult hero he never would have become had he stayed.

On 4/15/2018 at 10:21 AM, phillybul said:

McConnell core of the future? Lmao 

He should, at worst, be the 12th man on this team going forward. He played as part of the dreaded losing team(s) and he is a gamer. I hate when people use this phrase but he is the perfect Philadelphia type player.

17 hours ago, BlaqOptic said:

He should, at worst, be the 12th man on this team going forward. He played as part of the dreaded losing team(s) and he is a gamer. I hate when people use this phrase but he is the perfect Philadelphia type player.

Simmons and Fultz will be handling the ball all game. TJ is fine until he wants to get paid any sort of money, then we can replace him with whomever. 

On 4/16/2018 at 12:14 PM, resilient part 2 said:

Yes. Wish he was allowed to stay and continue his plan. He would’ve adjusted and shifted course once he saw the team finally healthy to compete by making the necessary additions to the roster. He was not just a guy who stockpiled draft picks and put together bad rosters. That was only part of his plan we got to see. I’m confident to think he would’ve did more here. But we will never know unfortunately.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, mm6492 said:

Simmons is so good now and will only get better. He could develop a shot, develop a more refined post game, win defensive player of the year, or all of the above. 

I think working on a post game for next season is ideal. Developing a shot? Think that’s a ways away. He needs to overcome whatever it is that prevents him from even attempting shots. Even Rondo shot the ball. I’m not sure what mental block Ben has that prevents him from shooting. He has to know if he applies a mid range jumper and say corner 3? We are talking possibly best player in the nba material. I’d be happy with just a mid range jumper. He is given so much space imagine if he had one? He could really score at the rim often and easier when a defender plays him close. 

But id like to see him work on a post game now that u mentioned it. So much potential for this kid it’s crazy. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, phillybul said:

I think working on a post game for next season is ideal. Developing a shot? Think that’s a ways away. He needs to overcome whatever it is that prevents him from even attempting shots. Even Rondo shot the ball. I’m not sure what mental block Ben has that prevents him from shooting. He has to know if he applies a mid range jumper and say corner 3? We are talking possibly best player in the nba material. I’d be happy with just a mid range jumper. He is given so much space imagine if he had one? He could really score at the rim often and easier when a defender plays him close. 

But id like to see him work on a post game now that u mentioned it. So much potential for this kid it’s crazy. 

Post game would be much easier to develop. 

I'd go:

1. Free throws

2. Post game

3. Outside shot