The Philadelphia 76ers Thread: Where Simmons, yet again, guards fours

Utley

I would be real dissapointed if/when Lebron doesn't sign up for the process but I'm pretty sure he would need another big scoring piece to come here. Whether he can talk one of the big FAs into coming with him and take pay cuts or if the Sixers could somehow swing a Leonard trade would seal the deal. 

And I'm not trading Simmons. He's got top 3 talent, IMO. In 2-3 years if he develops a jumper he becomes unstoppable. I can't see him prosper on another team while we could wait the next 2 years and develop into a dynasty just with progression. 

1 hour ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Im curious, would you part with simmons if it ended up in a Lebron signing and a Leonard trade? or is Simmons untouchable?

Lillard would be a great fit with Lebron if they were to trade Simmons but you’d be giving up a decade of Simmons for 2-3 years of contending.  Lillard-Lebron-Embiid  would be amazing though.

Well, I think one of the biggest reasons he comes to Philly is because of Simmons. He doesn't want all the play making duties. Every team he's been most linked to has an elite or soon to be elite play maker (Simmons/Ball/CP3/Harden). 

8 hours ago, DirtyDez said:

Lillard would be a great fit with Lebron if they were to trade Simmons but you’d be giving up a decade of Simmons for 2-3 years of contending.  Lillard-Lebron-Embiid  would be amazing though.

I'm not moving Simmons for Lillard and I'm a big Lillard fan

If I were Philly I would rather add George or Leonard than Lebron. Much better defensively, spread the floor better and are much younger so they will have more time to grow together and will have a longer window.

• 2 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

who do you guys all like at 10?

Can't miss now for want. Porter or Bridges. 

Porter is the clear gamble but if he hits, it'll be huge. Sixers are in good condition to gamble on the high ceiling he has.