The Philadelphia 76ers Thread: Where Simmons, yet again, guards fours

Utley

Just now, MookieMonster said:

You guys are parading around acting like acquiring Kyrie just demolished our future. That's called "hope". Celtics traded the Nets pick! Now we have a chance!

Not quiet. You should learn how to use the word narcissism, because it really doesn't work in sports arguments.

Nobody is parading around. Apparently thinking that the Celtics go from a dynasty to a potential champion is thinking the future is demolished. 

But I'm aware of how to use narcissism. You're treating the Celtics as if they're a part of you, so this is vicarious narcissism from you. Funny from a guy who doesn't know the difference between quiet and quite.

You taking offense to all of this is pretty hilarious, though. You keep doing you.

Taking offense? Hardly, I'm engaging in a sports argument on a sports forum. Again, I fail to see how acquiring a young, All-Star PG demolishes the hopes of becoming a dynasty. Because we traded one of our two (probable) lottery picks next year? Yeah, that's HOPE my man.

Using narcissism in a sports argument is stupid, every sports argument defending your team could be labeled "narcissism".

Just now, MookieMonster said:

Taking offense? Hardly, I'm engaging in a sports argument on a sports forum. Again, I fail to see how acquiring a young, All-Star PG demolishes the hopes of becoming a dynasty. Because we traded one of our two (probable) lottery picks next year? Yeah, that's HOPE my man.

Using narcissism in a sports argument is stupid, every sports argument defending your team could be labeled "narcissism".

It's not when you're so full of your team that you think my feelings on the 76ers are reliant on the team you root for.

1 minute ago, MookieMonster said:

You thinking the 76ers will be good isn't what I'm referring to.

The 76ers fans referring to the Celtics "potential dynasty" being crushed is what I'm referring to.

That's where the wishful thinking/hope comment is coming from. Glad you got all offended by a comment I never made.

Just like you're attacking something I never said. I didn't say it was crushed, keep using hyperbole though, I'm done here.

8 hours ago, MookieMonster said:

The hope comment was literally never even directed at you lmao. Believe it was the Bama fan who said the Celtics potential dynasty was over. Glad you're finished misunderstanding my comments.

I think roll was just saying giving up that nets first rounder was a decent blow to your guys future prospects. That could be pick 1 again next year., 

As good as you guys will be next season and what you could achieve. The Sixers' core has notably more potential.

The Celtics had no potential dynasty. What they were last season was their highest potential, they have more potential than they did but may not perform as well just yet. The Sixers will be a few games shy of .500 this season, but their potential is greater than the Celtics one.

The biggest problem I see with the Celtics current core is none of them are particularly ball distributors, yeah all of them can distribute a little bit, but their best asset is their scoring. Each one of them.

Edited by Danger

I like the Celtics core and think it fits well with the way the NBA is headed. Sure it is not all a perfect fit together and they have some defensive concerns, but they can score and have position versatility. That Kyrie trade is great for the simple reason that they won't have to max IT now.

Sixers need to hope Fultz can shoot well in the NBA, Embiid can stay healthy, Simmons maybe develops a semi-threatening outside shot and can defend, and Saric fits in with everyone else. We have a ton of potential, but are very unproven with some huge concerns of our own.