The Philadelphia 76ers Thread: Where Simmons, yet again, guards fours

Utley

On 6/30/2019 at 8:33 PM, Danger said:

How's this starting 5 as a whole compared to the one we had come the end of last season you guys think?

I like Richardson I think he was under utilized in Miami. I think Butler took a step back defensively. I need to see how Harris/Simmons plays within the current structure. 

6 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

Jerian Grant? 

Lance Stephenson? 

KCP? 

Shelvin Mack? 

Rondo? 

All guys who can defend, shoot the occasional 3 play within a system. 

Jerian Grant is absolutely horrendous. I’d avoid him like the plague.

10 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

Jerian Grant is absolutely horrendous. I’d avoid him like the plague.

His advanced stats seem to be comparable to TJs, I don't think you can bring TJ back and I like TJ, you can see the difference in ball movement and on the defensive end on a night to night basis. 

16 minutes ago, Danger said:

Embiid
Simmons
Harris
Horford
Richardson
Bolden
Zhaire Smith
Kyle O'Quinn
Mattias Thybulle
Mike Scott
Shake Milton*

Got room for one more guy, hopefully we can get another 3 point shooter somehow.

I'm thinking a combo guard someone to back up Simmons but could spell Richardson and push Smith for mins. 

Lance

Shelvin Mack

Avery Bradley 

Devin Harris 

5 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

James ennis got a two year deal and shake got a 4 year deal.

I think Ennis has a player option after one. Sounded like he took less to come back. 

If we didn't renounce TJ's rights, makes sense to bring him back at a higher salary for trade purposes. 

5 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

It really depends, Jimmy Butler is a good player but will he continue to be the same player towards the latter years of his contract? 

Defensively with Richardson instead of Reddick, we are better. And of course Butler/Simmons don't really coexist well. Simmons needs to develop some semblance of a jump shot. Tobias needs to be way more consistent, Embiid needs to not play in back to backs and stay healthy, and we need to add another 3 point shooter. If all of those things happen, then maybe we can contend for a title.

• Like 1