The Philadelphia 76ers Thread: Where Simmons, yet again, guards fours

Utley

1 minute ago, 11sanchez11 said:

they just pick the best players with no concern for injury

sometimes the injuries help a player fall to them (embiid), sometimes the best player is already hurt (I believe simmons), and sometimes they get hurt after they get drafted (fultz)

Simmons didn't get hurt until the last day of training camp last year.

3 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

they don't play and that doesn't help the team win?

the whole plan was to be bad so that doesn't really play a factor into their thinking 

edit: until they get enough talent where they can be really good (that's where we are now hopefully)

Edited by 11sanchez11
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

But if players are injured then they don't play and that doesn't help the team win? I don't understand their logic. Do they want to have the most talented injury reserve squad?

Sure, not in the short run, but in the long run it does. But I already know your shtick, so I'm done answering.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

But if players are injured then they don't play and that doesn't help the team win? I don't understand their logic. Do they want to have the most talented injury reserve squad?

Its quite simple. You draft the best talent. They're not drafting injured players on purpose. Embiid would have been the #1 pick if it wasn't for injury and it allowed him to fall to the Sixers. Simmons got injured on a freak accident the last day of training camp last year. Fultz just got injured recently as well. Still don't have the whole story on that situation. You're acting like they're happy their players are getting injured 

Nice to get revenge on Houston. Simmons is looking like the real deal, and Embiid is a force when he's on the court.

This is still a young, raw team, and that's not even getting into the Fultz stuff. Regardless, the Sixers look like they could have two legit stars. Not a bad spot to be in.

Okafor option not picked up. Not surprising but kinda a crap ending to a crap pick. You can't hit on them all, which was the whole point of the process (give yourself multiple chances at finding the studs) but this was a huge miss.

Basically Noel and Okafor turned into Justin Anderson. 

11 hours ago, Danger said:

Thoughts on the likes of Covington, Saric, and Reddick so far?

Covingtons defensive versatility is key for our lineups. Saric has been up and down trying to find his role but the talent is still there, kid is a stud who will figure it out. And JJ is great for this team, I feel he is really helping the young guys with the nuances of the NBA offense and defensive schemes. He has not lit it up yet, but still feel it was a very good signing. 

Reddick was on fire tonight. 

This team is so fun to watch. Ben is an absolute monster. Better than probably any of us could have hoped for in his first year playing. 

When we get Fultz back to full health and in the rotation, the rest of the East needs to watch out. This team is a dangerous playoff caliber team in the East if they keep playing like this and can get Fultz back.