The Philadelphia 76ers Thread: Where Simmons, yet again, guards fours

Utley

On 5/6/2021 at 1:01 PM, seminoles1 said:

Simmons, Maxey, and lots of picks starts the conversation.

Guy has had 2 seasons over .500 with him being a star. Ben is a better passer, facilitator, rebounder, defender. So when you say lots of picks you are saying what? Beal is no James Harden. 

On 5/6/2021 at 1:01 PM, seminoles1 said:

Simmons, Maxey, and lots of picks starts the conversation.

and ends it. cus you're not really getting any more than those two and a couple FRPs, as well as maybe some no-name bench players.

• 1 month later...

FWIW, I'm not as up on hoops trade value as football, but I don't think Portland considers anyone but McCollum + extra for Simmons.    Simmons & extras aren't going to interest Portland for Dame.

I think Beal is a far more realistic target, although for some reason the Wizards sound content to stand pat with their core.   For that reason, I think the Sixers would have to overpay to get Beal.   I think a McCollum - Simmons deal is far more likely, given the 2 sides would be willing to part with either guy, and need to overhaul their team.

Edited by Broncofan

On 6/17/2021 at 8:15 AM, Broncofan said:

I think Beal is a far more realistic target, although for some reason the Wizards sound content to stand pat with their core.   For that reason, I think the Sixers would have to overpay to get Beal. 

If they're going to move Beal they'd likely move him to the Warriors for Wiggins + those picks. 

On 6/17/2021 at 11:15 AM, Broncofan said:

I think Beal is a far more realistic target, although for some reason the Wizards sound content to stand pat with their core.

I can't imagine an offer the 76ers could make where the Wizards say yes to trading Beal.  

29 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I can't imagine an offer the 76ers could make where the Wizards say yes to trading Beal.  

Only thing that works in your favor on a potential Beal trade is that Beal will likely opt out next summer so they could and probably will lose him for nothing. 

38 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I mean y'all are kinda just holding him captive. Gotta feel like he's on the cusp of demanding a trade.

4 hours ago, Danger said:

I mean y'all are kinda just holding him captive. Gotta feel like he's on the cusp of demanding a trade.

Well he just signed an extension and continues to say he wants to be a lifer. Obviously his mindset can change, but saying he's being held captive is going too far.

5 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Well he just signed an extension and continues to say he wants to be a lifer. Obviously his mindset can change, but saying he's being held captive is going too far.

Beal will 100% opt out next year and test the free agent market. 

1 hour ago, seminoles1 said:

Well if he feels that way, more power to him I guess. Wizards are stuck in that mediocre purgatory, would be better off starting over TBH.

5 hours ago, Danger said:

Well if he feels that way, more power to him I guess. Wizards are stuck in that mediocre purgatory, would be better off starting over TBH.

Would be shocked if Beal is still on their team post ASB next year, he's going to walk in free agency.