The Gardner Minshew Thread: All Hail the Stache

.Buzz

5 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

You guys think he loses the starting job to Dobbs?

No. Call me crazy, but after two games (despite both of them loses), I’m starting to seriously consider the possibility that every NFL scout dropped the ball on this guy. Not ready to say that he is the next Brady by any means, but the evidence so far shows that there is no way in hell that Gardner Minshew should’ve dropped to the 6th round in the draft...

• Like 6

To counterbalance the absolutely hateful Mettenberger comment...

Since we're doing hyperbole obviously...

Does anyone else get really vague Russell Wilson vibes from what Minshew has done so far?  He just has that confidence he carries, kinda small, scrambling around making smart decisions and likes to let it fly downfield.  More Wilson-esque than Mettenburgery imo.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, KingTitan said:

This reminds me of Zach Mettenberger. 
He obviously has the skill the play in the league. I guess it's a wait and see. 

Lol Sorry outside looking in. The pregame dress. The confidence. The late round pick. The better than you thought production. 

Minshew looks better early. 

Wasn't meant as a diss. More of a comparison of hoping you found something. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tugboat said:

To counterbalance the absolutely hateful Mettenberger comment...

Since we're doing hyperbole obviously...

Does anyone else get really vague Russell Wilson vibes from what Minshew has done so far?  He just has that confidence he carries, kinda small, scrambling around making smart decisions and likes to let it fly downfield.  More Wilson-esque than Mettenburgery imo.

Jeff Garcia

• Like 1

On 9/17/2019 at 8:54 AM, KhanYouDigIt said:

Jeff Garcia

That's really the comparisons you will get for him...the Wilson (who has a cannon of an arm, not Minshew), Garcia, Mayfield, even Manziel because of the size and his somewhat improvisational tendencies.

I'm hoping they fire this regime and we bring in someone who has confidence in him (if he's the real deal).

2 hours ago, Speedyg said:

That's really the comparisons you will get for him...the Wilson (who has a cannon of an arm, not Minshew), Garcia, Mayfield, even Manziel because of the size and his somewhat improvisational tendencies.

I'm hoping they fire this regime and we bring in someone who has confidence in him (if he's the real deal).

I don't see him falling on his face. He was this same guy in college.

People knocked his arm and size and thus far I see no reason why either will hold him back at this stage. Idk if he'll be "the guy", but he's definitely going to be a good backup worst case. 

2 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

I honestly don’t think Foles will get his job back.

I don't see how he does if we're .500 or better. Will be interesting.

Whole team and fanbase is rallying behind Minshew. How can you?

Edited by .Buzz
  • Like 1