The Gardner Minshew Thread: All Hail the Stache

.Buzz

2 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Indeed.

Cool, calm, collected. Super accurate, underrated arm...I can go on.

Just bought the DTWD Minshew shirt off their shop. I'm all in.

I don't think his arm is really "underrated"...his deep shots are pretty much...toss it up and see what happens.  They die halfway to the target...but man, they drop in the right area.

6 hours ago, Tugboat said:

I don't think his arm is really "underrated"...his deep shots are pretty much...toss it up and see what happens.  They die halfway to the target...but man, they drop in the right area.

Yeah he doesn't have a great arm but it's plenty good enough. And more importantly, the ball placement is where it needs to be. That pass that Westbrook dropped in the end zone was $$$

• Like 2

The kid is on a great roll right now. I am sure if you Jags fans are dreaming this, you don't want to wake up anytime soon.

Gardner, based on what I saw last night, is proving once again that NFL scouting and subsequent drafting is certainly not an exact science. Good for Gardner. That TD pass he made to put the Jags up 14-0 was flat out IM-PRESS-IVE. Dropped that son of a gun dead out of the sky into a tiny bucket.

Kid is on a mission to prove that 178 is the new 199.

Edited by brooks1957
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Speedyg said:

Yeah he doesn't have a great arm but it's plenty good enough. And more importantly, the ball placement is where it needs to be. That pass that Westbrook dropped in the end zone was $$$

Pretty much what I was saying.

Reports stated he didn't have the arm to play in the NFL. That and his playing background/WSU offense seemed to be the big knocks. It's plenty enough to be very successful at this stage.

41 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

That throw to Westbrook for a TD that he dropped sold me on the kid completely. That was an NFL Vet type of throw.

When you see a guy who just has it all running slow already you can tell, this dude can already see a defense. He's going to be a real player.

Terry Bradshaw made those kinds of throws against my Browns regularly in the 70s and 80s. And he now has a bust in a building a half an hour south of me down I-77.

5 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

That throw to Westbrook for a TD that he dropped sold me on the kid completely. That was an NFL Vet type of throw.

When you see a guy who just has it all running slow already you can tell, this dude can already see a defense. He's going to be a real player.

Yeah.  This is the really impressive thing with Minshew so far.  He's been dumped into this situation, and it feels like the game is already slowed down for him.  Just feels like he's always pretty much in command of what's going on in front of him.  Usually takes rookies a while for the game to settle in and come to them like that.

45 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I love his swagger and there were several very impressive throws but its not like he looked great vs Houston either. Still have to be calm but I think he's already exceeding our expectations. Also helps that Chark is killing it too

They babied the crap out of him against Houston until we were down 10 and they had to open it up. 

10 hours ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

They babied the crap out of him against Houston until we were down 10 and they had to open it up. 

Houston's dline were whipping our oline especially in pass pro. But he can get the ball out quick...and I think we started to see that vs Tennessee.

If the line can block and the receivers continue to.play well enough, I think he will be fine.

But we will see as the season goes on what he has. I think Sexton said it best that he kept waiting for the rookie to have a rookie moment...and that really hasn't happened.