Jump to content
.Buzz

The Gardner Minshew Thread: All Hail the Stache

Recommended Posts

The Moustasche knows how to find the open man.  It's so refreshing when the easy passes are actually easy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m not going to give the kid too much pub he is getting enough already. But he seems like the lovable guy that Blake was only he knows how to play QB. Unlike Blake he’s been doing it all his life and he knows the nuances of playing the position. Things I like about the kid is he is wise beyond his yrs he is a coach on the field and the more live action he sees he is going to make him more deadly. He knows where to go with the ball he doesn’t have the biggest arm but it’s plenty good enough some of his passes while the wind was swirling 22MPH and he had tight spirals driving the ball through the wind and that was promising.

Marrone alluded to something’s that I noticed everybody’s mentioned how efficient he runs the O getting them lined up and ready to go by never getting a delay of game penalty. But it’s not just that when Minchew has the O on the field watch the play clock when he has command he knows how to drive the play clock down and snap the ball with in the 5 sec window.. it may seem like a small thing but it’s vets that don’t have that type of recognition. If the Broncos did Flacco may have his first win of the year. It’s not an easy feat to accomplish at the rate he does it. 

I never felt like the lead was insurmountable if it was Blake.. Jags would have been dead in the water by halftime. He brought them back on the road out west.. Broncos are not a great team but they have a stout D it was a good test hopefully the kid can keep it going.. galvanize this team and push them to a potentially making a playoff push.

Edited by DuvalsKing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DuvalsKing said:

I’m not going to give the kid too much pub he is getting enough already. But he seems like the lovable guy that Blake was only he knows how to play QB. Unlike Blake he’s been doing it all his life and he knows the nuances of playing the position. Things I like about the kid is he is wise beyond his yrs he is a coach on the field and the more live action he sees he is going to make him more deadly. He knows where to go with the ball he doesn’t have the biggest arm but it’s plenty good enough some of his passes while the wind was swirling 22MPH and he had tight spirals driving the ball through the wind and that was promising.

Marrone alluded to something’s that I noticed everybody’s mentioned how efficient he runs the O getting them lined up and ready to go by never getting a delay of game penalty. But it’s not just that when Minchew has the O on the field watch the play clock when he has command he knows how to drive the play clock down and snap the ball with in the 5 sec window.. it may seem like a small thing but it’s vets that don’t have that type of recognition. If the Broncos did Flacco may have his first win of the year. It’s not an easy feat to accomplish at the rate he does it. 

I never felt like the lead was insurmountable if it was Blake.. Jags would have been dead in the water by halftime. He brought them back on the road out west.. Broncos are not a great team but they have a stout D it was a good test hopefully the kid can keep it going.. galvanize this team and push them to a potentially making a playoff push.

It's pretty surreal given how little the sample size is, but I didn't lose hope even after they scored to take the lead. I think I'd have to go all the way back to Byron since i felt like a qb can drive us down the field for a score. Shoot, I feel like he could have given us a TD had that been what we needed to win the game.

But I agree with his command. The Jags were really running the clock out and several times we didn't even line up until late, but he still got us lined up and snapped the ball in time.

I do wonder (nit picking here) but he may need to change his cadence a bit. Titans jumped a few of his snaps last week and I feel like the Broncos were timing it too. But again that is super nit picky.

Another week where he should have had 3 TDs  (drop by Westbrook vs tenn,holding by Cam).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Speedyg said:

It's pretty surreal given how little the sample size is, but I didn't lose hope even after they scored to take the lead. I think I'd have to go all the way back to Byron since i felt like a qb can drive us down the field for a score. Shoot, I feel like he could have given us a TD had that been what we needed to win the game.

But I agree with his command. The Jags were really running the clock out and several times we didn't even line up until late, but he still got us lined up and snapped the ball in time.

I do wonder (nit picking here) but he may need to change his cadence a bit. Titans jumped a few of his snaps last week and I feel like the Broncos were timing it too. But again that is super nit picky.

Another week where he should have had 3 TDs  (drop by Westbrook vs tenn,holding by Cam).

 

We going to Byron?

 

I was thinking this was a real Garrard situation in the making.  He's not supposed to be the guy.  But he's the guy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Tugboat said:

We going to Byron?

 

I was thinking this was a real Garrard situation in the making.  He's not supposed to be the guy.  But he's the guy.

David isn't a comeback guy. He was good playing with the lead managing the game and then utilizing play actions to hit deep. But when teams knew he had to pass because were down? No, David never gave me confidence he could drive us down field.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Speedyg said:

David isn't a comeback guy. He was good playing with the lead managing the game and then utilizing play actions to hit deep. But when teams knew he had to pass because were down? No, David never gave me confidence he could drive us down field.

I'm still pissed we put Lefty out there. Garrard got us there and more importantly you took a shockingly slow QB, throw in a bum ankle and then you have a statue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×