The Gardner Minshew Thread: All Hail the Stache

.Buzz

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

$$$

TC and co. wasn't letting him sit the $88M they just 

That's economically irrational; Foles is a sunk cost.

Then again dont overpay for backups that only looked good because Matt Patricia is a terrible DC.

1 minute ago, Elky said:

That's economically irrational; Foles is a sunk cost.

Then again dont overpay for backups that only looked good because Matt Patricia is a terrible DC.

Again, FO isn't letting the coach sit the 88M QB they paid. I'm sure it wasn't all the FO, but they weren't keeping him on the bench all year unless Minshew did much more than that.

47 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

So that just happened. I mean he’ll probably just hurt our draft pick right

So what? If he does that means he's playing well and that's promising for our future at the position.

Gotta find out sometime what he is.

2 hours ago, .Buzz said:

So what? If he does that means he's playing well and that's promising for our future at the position.

Gotta find out sometime what he is.

Of course

Im just being a pain. I go from wanting to win every game to wanting the best draft pick possible the moment that playoff hopes are dashed haha but yea if we are for real done with Foles we need to see if we should be thinking QB next year too, possibly round 1

15 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Of course

Im just being a pain. I go from wanting to win every game to wanting the best draft pick possible the moment that playoff hopes are dashed haha but yea if we are for real done with Foles we need to see if we should be thinking QB next year too, possibly round 1

Obviously the higher the pick the better for us but yeah, if we win out that means Minshew is doing very good things. His development is most crucial for this franchise.

If we won those games with Foles it'd be a different story.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Obviously the higher the pick the better for us but yeah, if we win out that means Minshew is doing very good things. His development is most crucial for this franchise.

If we won those games with Foles it'd be a different story.

Yeah.  If we somehow actually start winning enough games to seriously hurt out draft position...i think that means you have to really consider Minshew as "the guy" going forward.  That's good news, not bad.

But more realistically...we're just going to end up in the same QB quagmire where we can't really win games that matter with Minshew either.  But still kinda locked into him for better or worse, until we can get rid of Foles.  Unfortunately though, even if Foles is axed and we just swallow the huge dead money to end any controversy and just move on...i still don't know how you can draft a QB high to push Minshew anyway.  So we're in kind of a lose-lose situation, unless Minshew really is "The Future of the Franchise" at QB...rather than just another Garrard.