Jump to content
.Buzz

The Gardner Minshew Thread: All Hail the Stache

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Saying he talks too much is a reach thats my bad. I love his confidence just dont want it to turn into bulletin board material

He just hopes it doesn't become a ramsey thing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/29/2020 at 3:24 PM, LinderFournette said:

He just hopes it doesn't become a ramsey thing

In the sense that he probably hopes he plays well enough to be traded, maybe.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So more so than normal, everyone needs to remember when deciding whether he’s the answer to compare him this season to what other guys are doing this season and not just what the numbers look like vs a normal year. Because this is not a normal year. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/4/2020 at 6:35 PM, pwny said:

So more so than normal, everyone needs to remember when deciding whether he’s the answer to compare him this season to what other guys are doing this season and not just what the numbers look like vs a normal year. Because this is not a normal year. 

Kinda wild, how far outta whack this season has been, already.  Have to wonder if it'll start to stabilize eventually though, if this is partly a product of no preseason to get everything tweaked and aligned, and the players all totally up to speed.  It's one of those things, where an offense inherently has the edge, because they know the play, and what's supposed to happen, every snap (as long as they are mostly up to speed).  For the defense...it's all about assignments and understanding how to operate as a unit, without it being strictly drawn up.  It's like playing a game of football with a bunch of random pickup players or family or whatever at thanksgiving...the offense always has the advantage.  But eventually, that'll probably start to level off after a bunch of weeks of a defensive unit gelling together?

 

Definitely important to put Minshew's numbers in context either way though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So a quarter way through the season:

Attempts: 9th
Completions: 4th
Comp %: 5th
Yards: 7th
TDs: 7th (tied)
TD%: 16th
INTs: 7th worst (I can't hide non-qualified passers for this for some reason to get the top down)
INT%: 22nd
1st Down throws: 5th (tied)
Yards/Attempt: 16th
Adjusted Yards/Attempt: 17th
Yards/Completion: 22nd
Yards/Game: 8th
Passer Rating: 13th
QBR: 18th
Net Yards/Attempt: 19th
Adjusted Net Yards/Attempt: 19th
Sack%: 26th

 

So bulk numbers good, efficiency numbers…not good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, pwny said:

So a quarter way through the season:

Attempts: 9th
Completions: 4th
Comp %: 5th
Yards: 7th
TDs: 7th (tied)
TD%: 16th
INTs: 7th worst (I can't hide non-qualified passers for this for some reason to get the top down)
INT%: 22nd
1st Down throws: 5th (tied)
Yards/Attempt: 16th
Adjusted Yards/Attempt: 17th
Yards/Completion: 22nd
Yards/Game: 8th
Passer Rating: 13th
QBR: 18th
Net Yards/Attempt: 19th
Adjusted Net Yards/Attempt: 19th
Sack%: 26th

 

So bulk numbers good, efficiency numbers…not good.

Looks to be in that league average/slightly under league average territory. Not too bad considering he's still a 2nd year QB.

But if we're picking top 5 and this is where he continues at, definitely am for taking a QB if there's one there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Obviously it's just a four game sample for all sides. But it's interesting to note that the Dolphins have the worst pass defense in the league right now, and Minshew had his worst game against them, whereas he Colts currently have the best pass defense and Minshew had his best game of the year against them. In fact, the overall rankings of the defense he's faced are the exact opposite of how his performances have been.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Missing your best weapon on a short week when your OC said his gameplan was trash explains that performance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/6/2020 at 7:05 PM, pwny said:

Obviously it's just a four game sample for all sides. But it's interesting to note that the Dolphins have the worst pass defense in the league right now, and Minshew had his worst game against them, whereas he Colts currently have the best pass defense and Minshew had his best game of the year against them. In fact, the overall rankings of the defense he's faced are the exact opposite of how his performances have been.

U have a team on a short week and ur trying to figure out What to do with your clear and obvious best wr out.   Nevermind the fact the oc said the game plan he made was trash. 

Nevermind the fact that Conley played his worst game in a jags uniform

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still just a 2nd year QB, but I don't have much confidence when we put the game in Gardner's hands and he has to do it all.

That's usually an indication that the guy isn't "the guy"...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably the most talented supporting cast we've had in...some time to say the least.

Cole has looked tremendous, Minshew missed him several times this past week on big plays where he beat his man. Shenault as a rookie receiver/weapon has been what you'd hope for, and Chark's play speaks for itself (and has since the beginning of last year).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...