Jump to content
.Buzz

The Gardner Minshew Thread: All Hail the Stache

Recommended Posts

His ability to feel the pressure, extend plays with his legs, and throw on the run is REALLY good. Many of the plays that he connected on, Sam Darnold would have soiled his pants.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We got the anti-Bortles.

Gonna be an interesting few weeks.

Edited by .Buzz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He was back to normal, but don't we need to ask how much of that was the Jets defense? They did everything you are not supposed to do vs Minshew.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Speedyg said:

He was back to normal, but don't we need to ask how much of that was the Jets defense? They did everything you are not supposed to do vs Minshew.

 

Still didn't see him have happy feet in the pocket and he was making pinpoint passes and turning nothing into something pretty consistently with no running game besides the big run to start the game...

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Still didn't see him have happy feet in the pocket and he was making pinpoint passes and turning nothing into something pretty consistently with no running game besides the big run to start the game...

 

 

Agree, but they were running a lot of man/blitzes because it's what Greg Williams likes to run.

It's not as extreme, but it's like Bortles last season when the Jets inexplicably decided to stay man and got killed by crosses all day long to the point Blake was asking them why they were playing that coverage.

Minshew was better in the pocket, but he also had two that should have been picked.

He reminds me a bit of rookie/young Ben and Russ in that his special traits come out when you allow him to play playground football.  But when you funnel everything inside, he can struggle a bit.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Speedyg said:

Agree, but they were running a lot of man/blitzes because it's what Greg Williams likes to run.

It's not as extreme, but it's like Bortles last season when the Jets inexplicably decided to stay man and got killed by crosses all day long to the point Blake was asking them why they were playing that coverage.

Minshew was better in the pocket, but he also had two that should have been picked.

He reminds me a bit of rookie/young Ben and Russ in that his special traits come out when you allow him to play playground football.  But when you funnel everything inside, he can struggle a bit.

For sure. He definitely has a lot to work on. But man, his touch is just next level. 

That's why I wouldn't be shocked to see Foles start once he returns, but also...this team is rallying around him big time and the passion/juice he brings is next level. Not sure if it'd benefit us or not yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Speedyg said:

Agree, but they were running a lot of man/blitzes because it's what Greg Williams likes to run.

It's not as extreme, but it's like Bortles last season when the Jets inexplicably decided to stay man and got killed by crosses all day long to the point Blake was asking them why they were playing that coverage.

Minshew was better in the pocket, but he also had two that should have been picked.

He reminds me a bit of rookie/young Ben and Russ in that his special traits come out when you allow him to play playground football.  But when you funnel everything inside, he can struggle a bit.

It’s all going to boil down to level of competition he is playing whether he is able to start the rest of the season will be placed upon this game Sunday. This is Minshew’s rehearsal he hasn’t beat anybody and he knows it if you hear his father talking on 1010xl. He has to show that he can win against a team with a winning record if he can he may start the rest of the season if not Foles will be the starter. It has to be the maturation process. Will he graduate this Sunday yes or no?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

More Chark then Minshew but still.

Edited by .Buzz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't go back to Foles if I'm the Jags. He can be easily traded next season. Stinks to lose your job to an injury but the younger cheaper option QB is showing some skills

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

Can't go back to Foles if I'm the Jags. He can be easily traded next season. Stinks to lose your job to an injury but the younger cheaper option QB is showing some skills

actually per sportac his contract for next season was guranteed so we wont gain anything trading him i believe. he also has a 33 million dead hit next year.  might be better to just sit on it and have him be the backup QB next year. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...