The OL was horrendous

WindyCity

I don't believe this is a revelation to anyone Windy.

If there was any one area where a lack of preseason tune up snaps may have had more impact than anywhere else it was probably the OL who got the least benefit from an extended period without game level contact and coordination.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, soulman said:

I don't believe this is a revelation to anyone Windy.

If there was any one area where a lack of preseason tune up snaps may have had more impact than anywhere else it was probably the OL who got the least benefit from an extended period without game level contact and coordination.

The level of bad was a shock to me.

Whitehair and Leno were unplayable bad.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, WindyCity said:

The level of bad was a shock to me.

Whitehair and Leno were unplayable bad.

Why?  Wouldn't lack of preparation top the list?  You've played the game.  You were an OL too.

We know they're both capable of far better.  We've seen that.  Same with Mitch.

Face facts.  Pettine was more prepared to frustrate Nagy than Nagy was to frustrate him.

The whole game plan was based of forcing Mitch to beat them overland and continuing to tempt Nagy to play along and it worked.

I'm assigning 80% of that loss to Nagy not having his guys well enough prepared to play and to be honest I'm pretty f'n tired of seeing THAT year after year after year.

You can't use not playing your starters as an excuse simply to avoid injuries and to focus instead on the GB game then show up so unprepared you **** the bed.

Unacceptable?  Yeah, and totally inexcusable from a fans perspective.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, dafreak said:

I will have concerns about Nagy losing the locker room if this crap continues. It's only cute and fun until it isnt. 

What good does it do to rebel?  And why would they?  

Nagy should have called more runs, but he didn't blow basic protections and run blocks again and again.   Even if O line coach was hot garbage that should not have happened to multiyear veteran O linemen.   There are like 5 different blocking schemes in NFL.  They just flat screwed it up.  

They know they F'd up.   

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dafreak said:

I will have concerns about Nagy losing the locker room if this crap continues. It's only cute and fun until it isnt. 

I don't think so.  Not with the culture he's built.  It's still gonna be "we are family time" all season long.

What Nagy needs to do is evaluate his own role in this.  Is he really the HC or a glorified OC/Play Caller?

I posted a thread on that so feel free to add your thoughts brother.

1 minute ago, soulman said:

Why?  Wouldn't lack of preparation top the list?  You've played the game.  You were an OL too.

We know they're both capable of far better.  We've seen that.  Same with Mitch.

Face facts.  Pettine was more prepared to frustrate Nagy than Nagy was to frustrate him.

The whole game plan was based of forcing Mitch to beat them overland and continuing to tempt Nagy to play along and it worked.

I'm assigning 80% of that loss to Nagy not having his guys well enough prepared to play and to be honest I'm pretty f'n tired of seeing THAT year after year after year.

You can't use not playing your starters as an excuse simply to avoid injuries and to focus instead on the GB game then show up so unprepared you **** the bed.

Unacceptable?  Yeah, and totally inexcusable from a fans perspective.

You have to figure Nagy didn't think his O line was going to lay an egg like that and miss assignments.   They know the blocking scheme.  But they acted like they didn't if that makes any sense.   

He also didn't figure MT was going to miss basic reads again and again, but he did.  

He didn't figure his sure handed receivers were going to drop a lot of key passes, but they did.   

Sometimes things are just different when the lights are on.   You think you are ready and your team just isn't.   It's momentum.  Things just snowball and get worse and worse. 

49 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

You have to figure Nagy didn't think his O line was going to lay an egg like that and miss assignments.   They know the blocking scheme.  But they acted like they didn't if that makes any sense.   

He also didn't figure MT was going to miss basic reads again and again, but he did.  

He didn't figure his sure handed receivers were going to drop a lot of key passes, but they did.   

Sometimes things are just different when the lights are on.   You think you are ready and your team just isn't.   It's momentum.  Things just snowball and get worse and worse. 

Any and all of this could also happen to a team who was not as well prepared for both contact and the scheme they were facing as the Bears were last Thursday.  This was not how Pettine had played them in the past and I'm about 99.9% certain it would not have been part of any pregame practices or walk through prior to the game.  We got out coached and snookered plain and simple.

It was inexcusable.  That's my story (attitude) and I'm stickin' to it. happy0180.gif  Slainte.