Sign in to follow this  
TheKillerNacho

Texans sign C Nick Martin to 3-year, $33M extension

SMH just heard this 

BoB the GM can't get out of the way of BoB the coach. 

Maybe he should fire himself 

6 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

https://www.rotoworld.com/football/nfl/player/8032/nick-martin

$18.35M guarenteed

He's now signed through 2022. He's probably one of the best if not the best lineman that the Texans have, so this is probably a wise extension. Now they just gotta find serviceable guards.

He's not even the best center on the team. This was a brain scratcher 

19 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

$18.35M guarenteed

He's now signed through 2022. He's probably one of the best if not the best lineman that the Texans have, so this is probably a wise extension. Now they just gotta find serviceable guards.

I wonder if he's even the best C on the team. This is... Wow. I mean, after yesterday, you're giving an OL $18MM?

At this point, I could do what the Texans OL does on a weekly basis, and I'll do it for $9mm. I literally can't be worse, that OL is a mess.

31 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

$18.35M guarenteed

he isn't good.  it's a head scratching move.  Martin hasn't proven he deserves an extension.

Like ...he can't stay healthy! He has yet to play 16 games in a Regular Season! He's always got some random injury that keeps him out for a month at a time!

Why???????

3 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

he isn't good.  it's a head scratching move.  Martin hasn't proven he deserves an extension.

I disagree that he isn't good. I think he's a good center, but so is Greg Mancz. I don't think center has really been the problem for us, though. It's nice to know that Watson will have a solid pass protector in the middle through 2022. Does Martin deserve it? Maybe, maybe not. At least this means the team is committed to him in the middle. Do you really think all of the reshuffling of the past three seasons helped make our blocking unit better? Commit to a guy. He's the guy. He's had injury issues, so he's not worth the money. More of a 3 year, $25 MM guy with 15 guaranteed, but hey - I'd rather have him than lose him.