GDT "Let's Move On" Edition: Bears & Broncos 9/15/19

beardown3231

1 hour ago, beardown3231 said:

Can the Bears' D not only expose Denver's bad OL and lifeless QB but force a few turnovers?

Can the Broncos' pass rush force another poor game from the Bears' OL?

Will Nagy commit more to the run to protect Trubisky and get the OL in a rhythm?

We will find out on Sunday at 3:25 CT!

Quite possibly

Maybe

YES ..he has to. That's not a bad thing bc our backs are capable of carrying the offense enough ....they may even be special. Nagy has to stop being cute and hypersillypasshappy!!! That opening play wildcat set Cohen fumbled on uggh. How bout some dam jet sweeps??!

Also we had almost zero TE presense 

Hats of to fudge wackoffs ..theyre D effing killed !!!! I remember some pundit predicting GB would hv the top D this year ...I remember bc I was thinking the dude was NUTZ at the time. Their D was fantastic !! 

We just need get off the bus runn ha  our D was just as good, ARogg only got 10 pts. We win 9.5/10 times when we gv up 10pts or less

2 hours ago, dafreak said:

Yes, yes, no...

1 hour ago, RunningVaccs said:

OOH A QUIZ!

Y, Y, Y

1 hour ago, SLCbear said:

Quite possibly

Maybe

YES ..he has to. That's not a bad thing bc our backs are capable of carrying the offense enough ....they may even be special. Nagy has to stop being cute and hypersillypasshappy!!! That opening play wildcat set Cohen fumbled on uggh. How bout some dam jet sweeps??!

Also we had almost zero TE presense 

Hats of to fudge wackoffs ..theyre D effing killed !!!! I remember some pundit predicting GB would hv the top D this year ...I remember bc I was thinking the dude was NUTZ at the time. Their D was fantastic !! 

We just need get off the bus runn ha  our D was just as good, ARogg only got 10 pts. We win 9.5/10 times when we gv up 10pts or less

Guys, those are just the 3 big questions that will determine the winner. I didn't need your tests turned in so quickly.

I don't care about altitude or that Fangio knows our team well.

I'm expecting a huge bounce back game out of this Bears team.

You had 10 days to prepare and Denver is off a short week. Plus they looked very unimpressive on both sides of the ball. 

Ya they have one of the best in Von plus Chubb and Chris Harris but besides that not many playmakers on defense.

No excuses Bears better win.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, abstract_thought said:

Is there any reason to believe Denver's defense will be worse than Green Bay's?

They didn't look that great last night against OAK but they still have one of the best pass rushers in the game...plus for as many improvements as Green Bay made this off season on D Nagy made them look really good.

Edited by topwop1

Local game so I may watch with some of the local boys.

I'm finding myself strangely detached from winning and losing right now other than to analyze results and look for ways to improve.

I have never though 2019 was "our year" to win the big one.  Not that it can't happen but I still see too many flaws in our offensive schemes and in Mitch to believe he can take us all the way there let alone win it all.

Once this season is over Nagy should have at least 70%-80% of his complete offense installed and just like 2018 I expect Mitch will stumble with some of it throughout the year improving as he goes.....if he can get over his rather obvious tendencies to crack under pressure.

This is year he not only needs to learn to operate the offense efficiently but also how to improvise himself out of jams in other ways than just tucking the ball and running.  He needs to be able to do it with his brains and his arm and make teams pay when they do bring pressure. If he can't do that our chances of ever winning a SB with him are dim.  JMHO

Edited by soulman

I think we can lose and still make a SB run because this team is legit good. 

But it’s a crap ton less likely because people will lose their minds and that will effect players and coaches in a domino effect.  

Simply too much negativity built up in this town and football is a game of momentum and is very mentally oriented.  

They get a couple wins in a row at any point and things can start to snowball in our favor.    

9 hours ago, soulman said:

Local game so I may watch with some of the local boys.

I'm finding myself strangely detached from winning and losing right now other than to analyze results and look for ways to improve.

I have never though 2019 was "our year" to win the big one.  Not that it can't happen but I still see too many flaws in our offensive schemes and in Mitch to believe he can take us all the way there let alone win it all.

Once this season is over Nagy should have at least 70%-80% of his complete offense installed and just like 2018 I expect Mitch will stumble with some of it throughout the year improving as he goes.....if he can get over his rather obvious tendencies to crack under pressure.

This is year he not only needs to learn to operate the offense efficiently but also how to improvise himself out of jams in other ways than just tucking the ball and running.  He needs to be able to do it with his brains and his arm and make teams pay when they do bring pressure. If he can't do that our chances of ever winning a SB with him are dim.  JMHO

They don't have years to waste on him being able to take that long to figure it out though. Mitch looked like he did day 1 of his rookie season vs the Packers. That's not very encouraging. Once he gets to the point where he's locking onto one person for the rest of the game it's over for him. But this team is going to continue to go through changes and we can't just keep coddling Mitch until he does/or doesn't figure it out. He needs to by the end of the year or if it were me I'd start looking for his replacement. 

• Like 1