GDT "Let's Move On" Edition: Bears & Broncos 9/15/19

beardown3231

2 minutes ago, soulman said:

Well, now that we've finally found an effective PK we can count where can we find a QB.

That's two eggs laid back to back by Mitch and I feel like I've been cheated on and lied to about all this supposed "progress".

I know we've had our differences lately but man, I actually don't think he played terrible. It was certainly was NOT good but I think the gameplan was for him to play that way (which could show that Nagy believes he sucks but whatever). Hopefully this is a confidence builder for everyone

Just now, JustAnotherFan said:

Anyone catch Piniero's presser? I like his energy. He's just oozing with confidence right now. You can tell how good he's feeling and rightfully so.

Sure did! And I'm so ******* proud of him man, kid is a stud

1 minute ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Anyone catch Piniero's presser? I like his energy. He's just oozing with confidence right now. You can tell how good he's feeling and rightfully so.

I could have gone without the bible thumping stuff but he's a very good talker and he seems really likeable. I'd love to see him kick field goals for this organization for the next 10 years.

1 minute ago, y*so*blu said:

Yep. I like the Bears even less than the Packers. They're finally looking like a good team again though, I have to give them that.

I thought that Diggs OPI today was absolutely horse****

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SLCbear said:

Just to be clear, I don't think anyone here believes that we lost bc of poor punting.

I've never even looked at Odonnells stats, but I have seen every single kick he has made. He soundly fails eye test for me esp when we NEED a big deep kick or something directional to pin opponents. That guy puts every kick from midfield in into the dam endzone !! I'm so over PO

He handles snaps for FG well, I'm sure some level of continuity played into Pace resigning him. 

Well today he averaged 57.4 ypp gross and 50.4 net with one inside the 20 and a long of 75 yards.

The Broncos punter averaged 40.0 ypp gross and 38.6 net with inside the 20 and a long of 52 yards.

Not that it makes a shred of difference but which one would you prefer because it seems Pace and Nagy prefer O'Donnell.

Now can we please go back to talking about our rookie like 3rd year QB.  He's our real problem not O'Donnell.

So I didn't see the last kick.  I turned game off after Broncos went ahead.  Screamed aloud and started thinking about new hobbies for the the Fall.  

Came here to be sad and mad and then leave probably until next Sun. 

Two things:

Good that you ran the ball, but that doesn't mean be a complete pansy offensively. That was embarrassing.  Again.  You have to go downfield with the ball.  

That roughing the passer call on Goldman was one of worst calls ever.  That call nearly lost the game   Should have.  

I had to watch a number of games across NFL waiting for Bears game to load. Officiating was awful across board. What is going on? How can it be so bad?  Never seen it this bad.  

It isn't that hard to call roughing the passer.   A normal tackle is not roughing  a hard tackle is not roughing.  Lifting up and belly flopping on guy is roughing. 

Sheesh. 

8 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Did the officials screw up the spot after the two penalties where Denver converted the 2 point conversion? It should have actually been spotted at the 3 1/2 yard line no? 

Your right, they totally screwed it up.  There was a 5 yard loss, followed by a 5 yard gain, should be net 0

We got the win, hopefully exercised some demons.  Mitch got his first comeback victory.  But Nagy really, really needs to get better as a play caller.  Why in the 4 min offense are we throwing the damn ball that much.  After the first down if he runs the ball 3 times, doesn't gain a yard, Bears are punting with about 1:15 left and no timeouts for Denver, instead 3 passes 20 secs taken off the clock and Denver gets the ball back at 2:30.  

It's in to Wash and we have more work to do this week.  I really, really would like to see them start to run tempo.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Your right, they totally screwed it up.  There was a 5 yard loss, followed by a 5 yard gain, should be net 0

We got the win, hopefully exercised some demons.  Mitch got his first comeback victory.  But Nagy really, really needs to get better as a play caller.  Why in the 4 min offense are we throwing the damn ball that much.  After the first down if he runs the ball 3 times, doesn't gain a yard, Bears are punting with about 1:15 left and no timeouts for Denver, instead 3 passes 20 secs taken off the clock and Denver gets the ball back at 2:30.  

It's in to Wash and we have more work to do this week.  I really, really would like to see them start to run tempo.

Where was the spot on the 2?