GDT "Let's Move On" Edition: Bears & Broncos 9/15/19

beardown3231

1 hour ago, beardown3231 said:

I think maybe he should open it up. Look at Trubisky in the 2 minute (50 second) drill today and vs Philly. When he can't think, he does well. I say let him go vs WSH and MIN and see what happens

Agreed. The offense is far more productive in the two minute drill when they need to gain quick yards and the tempo is up.

I find Nagy tries to get too cute with his gimmicky plays. They need to drive the ball down the field more. It's not as if Mitch has a noodle arm. Just let him sling it.

I know he's not close to Mahomes as QB but when you factor that this offense is supposed to be like the KC offense and you see how KC is slinging it all over the field you have to wonder why Nagy is calling all these short dump off type plays the majority of the time.

1 minute ago, topwop1 said:

Agreed. The offense is far more productive in the two minute drill when they need to gain quick yards and the tempo is up.

I find Nagy tries to get too cute with his gimmicky plays. They need to drive the ball down the field more. It's not as if Mitch has a noodle arm. Just let him sling it.

I know he's not close to Mahomes as QB but when you factor that this offense is supposed to be like the KC offense and you see how KC is slinging it all over the field you have to wonder why Nagy is calling all these short dump off type plays the majority of the time.

Right after the Rams game last year we went to this dink and dunk offense. I know Mitch can play way better than this. 

Nagy has to trust him a bit. I feel like Nagys play calling is very “tight” because of how good the defense is.

We play Washington next week or let’s see how the offense looks. 

1 minute ago, dafreak said:

Trubisky was better. Defense did not play as good as game 1. Nagy needs to be better.

The defense was good enough to win the game. They were gassed by the 4th quarter and you have to consider that the altitude and heat probably caught up to them. No concerns here. 

Trubs played pretty mediocre but better than week 1 and came up clutch on 4th down to put this team in position to win. Kudos to him for hanging in there...hopefully that gives him a boost of confidence. 

Nagy...well I'm glad he took more of a running approach to this game but he is still leaving a lot to be desired with his passing game play calling.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Your right, they totally screwed it up.  There was a 5 yard loss, followed by a 5 yard gain, should be net 0

They would go back to the 7 and then get 1/2 the distance to the goal to the 3.5 yard line. Not sure they go for it from there. 

Just now, abstract_thought said:

Tempo is great at times but it limits your subs and this offense is supposed to take advantage of multiple weapons and personnel groups.

They tried opening things up against Green Bay. After game 1 people wanted to run more and protect MT. That’s what Nagy did.

Theres a happy medium there somewhere.  And you can run tempo and still use different personnel groupings which they arent doing anyway.  It's almost like Nagy threw last years playbook in the trash and is running it brand new.

6 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Theres a happy medium there somewhere.  And you can run tempo and still use different personnel groupings which they arent doing anyway.  It's almost like Nagy threw last years playbook in the trash and is running it brand new.

We’ve seen several plays missed because of errant throws and poor decision making. At some point the players need to execute. Playcalling doesn’t turn a pumpkin into a franchise QB.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Nads786 said:

Right after the Rams game last year we went to this dink and dunk offense. I know Mitch can play way better than this. 

Nagy has to trust him a bit. I feel like Nagys play calling is very “tight” because of how good the defense is.

We play Washington next week or let’s see how the offense looks. 

Interesting because the Rams game, iirc, was Trubisky's first game back from the shoulder right? Is it possible it never healed or he's hesitant because of it?

4 minutes ago, dafreak said:

Is it telling though?

Sure. It tells me he isn’t confident with Mitch. Doesn’t matter though. Mitch is the starting quarterback, we need to see if he’s a franchise quarterback. Otherwise, he needs to be jettisoned. I’m ok with sticking with Mitch this season and giving him 14 more games to prove he’s worth a damn. The only way, however, we’ll get to see this is if Nagy takes off the training wheels.

• Like 2