GDT "Let's Move On" Edition: Bears & Broncos 9/15/19

beardown3231

22 minutes ago, GOGRIESE said:

I can't believe a QB needs this much hand holding my god. I also saw PFT reporting on the Bears telling Mitch not to talk about the Packers. That wasn't handled well. 

For the love of god, there's a thread on this Packers game comment already and it's totally being blown out of proportion.

Edited by beardown3231
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

For the love of god, there's a thread on this Packers game comment already and it's totally being blown out of proportion.

I know there is. I'm just saying that the "national news" has picked up on it which absolutely blows going into this week. 

It's just absolutely mind boggling how we're only in week 2 and Mitch's confidence is in question. 

1 hour ago, GOGRIESE said:

I know there is. I'm just saying that the "national news" has picked up on it which absolutely blows going into this week. 

It's just absolutely mind boggling how we're only in week 2 and Mitch's confidence is in question. 

It's the media making it out to be this way though.  They are spinning it like this because they do not like being shut down when asking questions plus it creates headlines and click bait.

It's a non story outside of those who just love to bash the kid.

He's had worse performances over his NFL career.  

Edited by topwop1

People love to blame the media, but there is a huge contingent of NFL fans that just eat this stuff up and spread it around. It's on 3 different topics here in this forum: "why  don't you take that, and think about it"

Watch dude's press conference, the whole " told not to talk about it" begins with a grin at someone off stage and ends with a grin, and is followed by him... talking about it. The only thing you can knock him for in that one is that he's about as bland and robotic as ever, which I'm used to.  I still like him and want him to succeed.  Still absolutely gutted by the last game, but if they manage to come back next week and play good ball-win or lose-I'm going to be impressed with this team and they'll be better off for it.  IF they don't? Well, I've watched a lot of ****ty ball from this team, and will still be on the couch with them on Sundays. 

• Like 1

WTF you want him to say?  

It was a disaster.  People just want to kick a dead horse because they get off on it.

Only thing to do when that happens is burn it, learn from it and move on.  Or you can curl up in a ball and cry and quit, which it seems like is what media wants.

This is why people hate them.  They seemingly live to destroy.  

3 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Mitch just needs to stop sucking. The minute that happens this all goes away.

I have no doubts that someone or a small group of someones, probably on defense, let that slip to Weiderer. It is only natural on a team like this that guys would start to lose patience with the QB.

Agree wholeheartedly with your first statement; nothing erases a problem like winning

No idea on your second though, it would be bizarre to me that a team-first group like this would be leaking things after a single game. This isn't Trestman Time. 

3 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

WTF you want him to say?  

It was a disaster.  People just want to kick a dead horse because they get off on it.

Only thing to do when that happens is burn it, learn from it and move on.  Or you can curl up in a ball and cry and quit, which it seems like is what media wants.

This is why people hate them.  They seemingly live to destroy.  

The Bears media? They are incredibly soft on these guys.

I would like him to talk about why 8 months of the offseason did not seem to have any impact on improving the offensive play. I would like to hear about how he plans on stopping missing wide open throws.

Just now, RunningVaccs said:

Agree wholeheartedly with your first statement; nothing erases a problem like winning

No idea on your second though, it would be bizarre to me that a team-first group like this would be leaking things after a single game. This isn't Trestman Time. 

60+ guys in the locker room. There is not such thing as a team that is all "team first".

They know how important Mitch is, they know how much worse he is than he needs to be for them to compete. No way all 60 guys are all shaking the Mitch pompoms. It only takes one for a story to be true.

I guess the way to know is what happens if they ****-trip again next Sunday, and see what happens with the locker room or with leaks.  Now you've got me picturing Brandon Marshall on this team, yikes!  

New nightmare scenario for you all:  On Sunday afternoon Chase Daniel comes out of the tunnel onto the field at gametime. You're welcome!

1 minute ago, WindyCity said:

The Bears media? They are incredibly soft on these guys.

I would like him to talk about why 8 months of the offseason did not seem to have any impact on improving the offensive play. I would like to hear about how he plans on stopping missing wide open throws.

Okay.  Why after 8 months did you suck in game 1, Mitch?  

What could he possibly say that will make you feel better.  The question isn't a question with any value.   It's simply a statement of anger and disappointment.   You can't unring a bell.  You think he hasn't been trying to get better last 8 months?  That's ridiculous.  They failed.  That's all.  Two sides to a competition and sometimes you lose.

• Like 1

Mitch has not missed a single practice, meeting or workout.  He had some WRs/RBs together in offseason to work.  

He stayed after practice to work extra with Miller because he asked him to.  For a full week.  In training camp when hours are already long.

He played bad on Thurs..  But it isn't from lack of effort.  He just wasn't good enough.   You can only keep trying to get better.  Maybe he will get better or maybe he won't, but he is doing all he can to be better.  You can't do better than your best.   Not everyone advances at same rate and some people's best just isn't good enough.

I am not ready to say that Mitch has hit his ceiling and can't be good in this league.  Not yet.

• Like 2

It sounds like lots of you have competed at different sports and at different levels.  You have to have had one of those perfect storm games/races/matches where everything you normally do well goes wrong, your opponent somehow seems inferior but manages to play in a way that exactly complements your weaknesses, and skills/moves/strengths all fall flat.  I'm hoping this game was that, and not the reality of the Bears' offense.