GDT "Let's Move On" Edition: Bears & Broncos 9/15/19

beardown3231

I'll say again too, as bad as MT was, you cannot play QB with free runners coming at you again and again.  People weren't simply beating their man, they were unblocked running full speed at QB.

MT got ball out of his hands as fast as he could and was still hit time and again.

11 minutes ago, RunningVaccs said:

I guess the way to know is what happens if they ****-trip again next Sunday, and see what happens with the locker room or with leaks.  Now you've got me picturing Brandon Marshall on this team, yikes!  

New nightmare scenario for you all:  On Sunday afternoon Chase Daniel comes out of the tunnel onto the field at gametime. You're welcome!

That is another problem, why has Pace not drafted/signed a competent backup. Sure Chase knows the system and is helping Mitch but he is not someone you would feel confident starting games.

2 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

He played bad on Thurs..  But it isn't from lack of effort.  He just wasn't good enough.   You can only keep trying to get better.  Maybe he will get better or maybe he won't, but he is doing all he can to be better.  You can't do better than your best.   Not everyone advances at same rate and some people's best just isn't good enough.

I am not ready to say that Mitch has hit his ceiling and can't be good in this league.  Not yet.

We went through this last year, I remember talking myself down off the ledge by saying I'd wait until Packers 2 to make up my mind on him. It was good advice.  Going to wait until at least the bye before taking up golf or apple picking or some damn thing. 

• Like 1

Just now, dafreak said:

That is another problem, why has Pace not drafted/signed a competent backup. Sure Chase knows the system and is helping Mitch but he is not someone you would feel confident starting games.

I'm with you there. Pace has earned a lot of trust from me, but he declared that they'd acquire a QB every year, which made a TON of sense to me, but they haven't done jack in that area. In a perfect world you get your Kink COusins or something, but at the least you get better at evaluating QB talent in your building.  Competent backup is a broad term, not sure there are 32 competent QBs period right now.  BUT you're right, and they should keep bringing people in and hope to get lucky with a backup, or really lucky with a future starter. 

1 minute ago, RunningVaccs said:

It sounds like lots of you have competed at different sports and at different levels.  You have to have had one of those perfect storm games/races/matches where everything you normally do well goes wrong, your opponent somehow seems inferior but manages to play in a way that exactly complements your weaknesses, and skills/moves/strengths all fall flat.  I'm hoping this game was that, and not the reality of the Bears' offense. 

Of course.  If you win all the time in whatever it just means you aren't playing the right people.

In a strategy game, and of all the physical sports football is much more of strategy game than any other, you can simply be out coached on a given day.   It happens to great coaches.

I have seen literally dozens of games where O line was missing assignments and they all looked just like Bears looked on Thurs.  I have seen it on 40 pt. a game Offenses with amazing skill players and QBs. 

In other news ...

I watched the Broncos Raiders game this morning.

Broncos actually played  better than highlights/box score would indicate.   They got a lot of untimely penalties and bad calls in red zone or they probably come back and win that game.

That being said, Bears are superior to this team and the Raiders for that matter.   It's going to be mental.   How much did last week's game and the fan/media fallout and crushing disappoint effect them?

They aren't human if it didn't.  You have to get back on the horse.  Literally everyone is piling on.  I hope they can weather it.  

Denver top 2 WRs and RB are very good and are capable of making big plays against anyone.   Fant is just okay.  He is fast, but other than that he isn't showing a lot.   QB is a veteran, but he will make bad throws and isn't very mobile anymore.   O line is suffering.

Reminds me a lot of Miami game last year.  Similarities are erie.   A game we should win easy, but obviously it's a game that can be lost due to bad game plan and environmental factors.

Let's hope Pagano doesn't repeat same bad game plan that Fangio had against the Dolphins.   

I think their DE's had an off game.  I wouldn't expect that again against Bears at home.   They are better than our OTs.   Could be another defensive struggle if Mitch has really lost confidence.

19 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Mitch has not missed a single practice, meeting or workout.  He had some WRs/RBs together in offseason to work.  

He stayed after practice to work extra with Miller because he asked him to.  For a full week.  In training camp when hours are already long.

He played bad on Thurs..  But it isn't from lack of effort.  He just wasn't good enough.   You can only keep trying to get better.  Maybe he will get better or maybe he won't, but he is doing all he can to be better.  You can't do better than your best.   Not everyone advances at same rate and some people's best just isn't good enough.

I am not ready to say that Mitch has hit his ceiling and can't be good in this league.  Not yet.

Couldn't agree more with you.  Well said.

Ya so uhh Mitch why did you suck so bad last game and what are you going to do to not be so sucky next game?  How you going tomake more accurate passes and see the field better?

Super great questions that will elicit even better answers for people's reading satisfaction.

• Like 1

Please folks, go watch the all 22, then come back and discuss last weeks performance.  It really was just 3 bad throws. He was late in his read a couple times but there were no "badly missed" throws people are trying to say were there.  And some of the throws he did make, were really special.  @JustAnotherFan please post it

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Please folks, go watch the all 22, then come back and discuss last weeks performance.  It really was just 3 bad throws. He was late in his read a couple times but there were no "badly missed" throws people are trying to say were there.  And some of the throws he did make, were really special.  @JustAnotherFan please post it

I'm in the middle of creating the thread right now that should be up in a little bit (1st half of every play on offense--not gonna do too much defense b/c they were awesome as a whole).

I did a breakdown of every snap (penalties included). it's a lengthy post that includes alot of screenshots and a video of the all-22 for each individual play so uploading each one is gonna take a while.

1 hour ago, JustAnotherFan said:

I'm in the middle of creating the thread right now that should be up in a little bit (1st half of every play on offense--not gonna do too much defense b/c they were awesome as a whole).

I did a breakdown of every snap (penalties included). it's a lengthy post that includes alot of screenshots and a video of the all-22 for each individual play so uploading each one is gonna take a while.

Thanks for all the hard work bro!  I havent seen the whole game on the coach's tape, but I saw a lot of it.  I came away from it really, really disappointed w/ the play calling and oline.

2 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

His throws were really good.

His decisions were bad in a couple of obvious cases.

But in terms of his accuracy, ball placement, and velocity I actually felt he had a nice game throwing the ball.

2 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Someone warn Cody Whitehair and Chuck Leno not to click on it.

33 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Thanks for all the hard work bro!  I havent seen the whole game on the coach's tape, but I saw a lot of it.  I came away from it really, really disappointed w/ the play calling and oline.

No problem. I'm trying to get it posted in between work here and this site isn't making it any easier either. Damn thing keeps deleting some **** every time I leave for a bit. I'm about to post it and just keep editing it throughout the day so it at least saves it properly.

And you're not wrong about the OL and playcalling at all. That said, Mitch made his fair share of mistakes as well that went beyond his throws.

13 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Someone warn Cody Whitehair and Chuck Leno not to click on it.

Or Daniels. Or Long. Or Massie.