GDT "Let's Move On" Edition: Bears & Broncos 9/15/19

beardown3231

If this next game is the end of this all, I just want you guys to know that the last three months of posting on here have been some of my finest moments as a Bears fan.  

tenor.gif?itemid=5606158

(I stole this comment from someone else, but I really liked it and it fit so I feel justified in my theft.)

30 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Yes, it's possible, but I don't think people will be able to handle it.

I'm agreeing with you. Even though I predicted an 0-2 start, it'll be awful if it really happens. Something like 12% of teams who begin 0-2 make the playoffs.

Edited by beardown3231

17 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

I'm agreeing with you. Even though I predicted an 0-2 start, it'll be awful if it really happens. Something like 12% of teams who begin 0-2 make the playoffs.

We're going to win this game. Our team has too much talent to go 0-2. I expect a nice bounce back game from Mitch. It doesn't change how I feel about it, but I do expect a nice game. 

On 9/12/2019 at 11:00 PM, blkwdw13 said:

Well it's obvious that you aren't reading it right because in what you just linked again it list him as a bottom 10 punter, that's from 2015 thru 2017. In 2018 which was his best year they ranked him at 14th. Here is the chart in your link, I bolded O'Donnell for you. Seems YOUR links that YOU posted back me up, and I guess you could call it debating but you would have to be able to read and understand your own links.

His quote not mine;

For the third year in a row, I’ve taken the punting data from 2017 and parsed it in a more useful way. Here’s last year’s, with 2015’s results embedded into it.

2017 data with data from 2015 and now 2018 included.  How else would you read that other than it's cumulative not just 2018.

And again I'll ask you to tell me then why if Pace felt O'Donnell was a bottom 10 guy he would have both re-signed him nor brought in any real competition for him or even recently signed a higher ranked punter.  It makes no logical sense if we interpret it your way.

You know, just skip it.  I really don't give a crap about out punter when we have other issues that are far more paramount than this.

All I have left to say is on Sunday we're gonna find out just how easily "fixable" all of the issues we witnessed during the Packer game truly are.  This is what Mitch tells us and on the "Fixable Scale" he's pretty much at the top of it so far.

I'm far from having given up on him but I do believe it's time to hold him accountable for showing the progress we've both been told exists and that we all know he must show in order for this team to advance beyond it's 2018 season.

I expect a tough to win game this week.  Denver's altitude on a 90 degree day with thin air is gonna gas some guys before the game is over so you don't want to be playing catch up from 10 points down or protecting a very slim lead.

Denver also has two Edge Rushers who are an equivalent of our own and if we don't run the ball effectively Mitch is gonna see a lot of them in his grill and often.  If anything this game may be more pressure inducing than the opener.

IF the offense lays another egg this week it's gonna be very difficult to convince many fans that the GB game was an anomaly instead of simply the anemic state of the offense as it stand now.  I know what my take on it will be.

Edited by soulman

2 hours ago, soulman said:

His quote not mine;

For the third year in a row, I’ve taken the punting data from 2017 and parsed it in a more useful way. Here’s last year’s, with 2015’s results embedded into it.

2017 data with data from 2015 and now 2018 included.  How else would you read that other than it's cumulative not just 2018.

And again I'll ask you to tell me then why if Pace felt O'Donnell was a bottom 10 guy he would have both re-signed him nor brought in any real competition for him or even recently signed a higher ranked punter.  It makes no logical sense if we interpret it your way.

You know, just skip it.  I really don't give a crap about out punter when we have other issues that are far more paramount than this.

At look at the chart in your on link, I can tell you haven't because he is bottom 10, for ****s sake when you actually click on the links it's right in front of your face. 2018 like I have said multiple times now was his best year and that's at 14th. And I didn't answer about Pace because I don't know why for a 3rd year in a row he has kept a subpar punter, for years people have been saying he needs to be replaced but you wouldn't know that since you have only been here short term.

4 minutes ago, blkwdw13 said:

At look at the chart in your on link, I can tell you haven't because he is bottom 10, for ****s sake when you actually click on the links it's right in front of your face. 2018 like I have said multiple times now was his best year and that's at 14th. And I didn't answer about Pace because I don't know why for a 3rd year in a row he has kept a subpar punter, for years people have been saying he needs to be replaced but you wouldn't know that since you have only been here short term.

It's not like there are a ton of good P's on the open market regularly and with a shortage of picks due to the Trubisky and Mack trades, using a pick on a punter wouldn't be a great move although he could have maybe found one as a UDFA but we know how much those guys pan out. I think the telling thing here is while he gets O'Donnell he's never giving him long contracts rather short ones. I think this offseason or next is when he gets rid of this clown and upgrades the position.

4 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

It's not like there are a ton of good P's on the open market regularly and with a shortage of picks due to the Trubisky and Mack trades, using a pick on a punter wouldn't be a great move although he could have maybe found one as a UDFA but we know how much those guys pan out. I think the telling thing here is while he gets O'Donnell he's never giving him long contracts rather short ones. I think this offseason or next is when he gets rid of this clown and upgrades the position.

At the same time though he has brought in very little competition for him. With out looking through all the punters but I would venture to say most weren't drafted.

2 minutes ago, blkwdw13 said:

Wonderful.  Now if YOU care that phuc'n much about a punter YOU believe is bottom 10 enjoy yourself.   I'm satisfied he's not and whatta ya' think that I just got off the boat yesterday and THIS is the only forum I've ever been a part of?    I've been watching Bears games since Bobby Joe Green was their punter and Bobby Douglass was QB which is probably longer than you've been alive and I can read.

Tabor seems satisfied he's not bottom 10. Nagy seems satisfied he's not bottom 10.  Pace seems satisfied he's not bottom 10.  Those three are all who actually count and I'd say they might disagree with you as well but you'll have to ask them yourself 'cause I don't care.

Now, with that I'm done debating it with you.

6 minutes ago, soulman said:

Wonderful.  Now if YOU care that phuc'n much about a punter YOU believe is bottom 10 enjoy yourself.   I'm satisfied he's not and whatta ya' think that I just got off the boat yesterday and THIS is the only forum I've ever been a part of?    I've been watching Bears games since Bobby Joe Green was their punter and Bobby Douglass was QB which is probably longer than you've been alive and I can read.

Tabor seems satisfied he's not bottom 10. Nagy seems satisfied he's not bottom 10.  Pace seems satisfied he's not bottom 10.  Those three are all who actually count and I'd say they might disagree with you as well but you'll have to ask them yourself 'cause I don't care.

Now, with that I'm done debating it with you.

I'm glad you're done "debating" because you haven't been, the stats you posted don't even support anything you have been saying. And it's nice that you have been following the Bears for so long it might be time to pick up the reading glasses then, you still haven't been here long and everyone has said that he needs to be replaced that is until you wheeled your way to your opinion.

On 9/11/2019 at 10:13 PM, soulman said:

Maybe so but his stats say he's an average punter playing outdoors in a stadium that sits about a mile or less off the lake where winds can easily hit 20-25 mph in the fall and gusts even higher.  He's at least average to above average in dropping kicks inside the opponents 20 as well.  If O'Donnell was that bad why did Pace re-sign him?  Logically he would not have but he did.  So what else can we say right now?

Jeezus, let's stay focused on the bigger problems for now and let the little ones slide OK?  Poor punting is not what's losing us games.  Scoring just 3 points is.

Idk why Pace was so eager to resign such an avg to below avg punter ....my best guess is that Pace had a million other holes to fill and that PO  was relatively affordable

If we are going to win the SB this year we will have to play 55 man (Nagy & Pagano) football ....Cohen and CP should make up for lackluster punting at least

• Like 1