GDT "Let's Move On" Edition: Bears & Broncos 9/15/19

beardown3231

6 hours ago, SLCbear said:

Idk why Pace was so eager to resign such an avg to below avg punter ....my best guess is that Pace had a million other holes to fill and that PO  was relatively affordable

If we are going to win the SB this year we will have to play 55 man (Nagy & Pagano) football ....Cohen and CP should make up for lackluster punting at least

Guys I am so very done with this debate over a punter I choose not to even be polite about it.  It's phuc'n ludicrous.

We scored 3 points in our opener and here we sit talking about our punter?????  Gimme a G'damn break.

If Pace felt O'Donnell was that bad he could have brought in more competition as he did at PK and probably replaced him for far less than $1.75 mil O'Donnell is getting.  To say or even think otherwise is no more than an excuse to back a preconception the guy is that bad and that Pace must be some kinda fool to have re-signed him.

He's at worst average and he kicks in one of the windiest stadiums in the NFL so even comparing him with others who kick in domes or less hostile conditions requires a bit of a handicap for O'Donnell.  He's not that bad.  So get your heads around where the real problems are and what needs fixing there not on the damn punter.

Edited by soulman

14 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

Did Nagy actually say they need to run the ball more? 

Yeah, in other words. (paraphrasing) He recognized that they need to run the ball more in order for the offense to work and pretty much claimed that the reason they didn't run as much last week was purely situational. Now I don't know how much of that is true and how much is just PR talk. 

I honestly believe he got away from the run because he knew going into the game that the offense wasn't prepared--the OL in particular. Because I can't think of any other reason as to why he decided to only run 17 plays from a base 11-personnel and 39 plays from heavy sets (20's,21's), so he could give the OL more help, when last season 81% of the plays were run out of 11's and 12's. He never had that sort of ratio in a single game all season last year so it seems very odd to me.

He needs to to get back to a base offense and stop overthinking it and trying to get too cute in his play-calling. Nagy and Pace made the run game a priority this off-season so he needs to use them. Especially in games when the passing game is struggling and the defense is dominating.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, soulman said:

Guys I am so very done with this debate over a punter I choose not to even be polite about it.  It's phuc'n ludicrous.

We scored 3 points in our opener and here we sit talking about our punter?????  Gimme a G'damn break.

If Pace felt O'Donnell was that bad he could have brought in more competition as he did at PK and probably replaced him for far less than $1.75 mil O'Donnell is getting.  To say or even think otherwise is no more than an excuse to back a preconception the guy is that bad and that Pace must be some kinda fool to have re-signed him.

He's at worst average and he kicks in one of the windiest stadiums in the NFL so even comparing him with others who kick in domes or less hostile conditions requires a bit of a handicap for O'Donnell.  He's not that bad.  So get your heads around where the real problems are and what needs fixing there not on the damn punter.

Just to be clear, I don't think anyone here believes that we lost bc of poor punting.

I've never even looked at Odonnells stats, but I have seen every single kick he has made. He soundly fails eye test for me esp when we NEED a big deep kick or something directional to pin opponents. That guy puts every kick from midfield in into the dam endzone !! I'm so over PO

He handles snaps for FG well, I'm sure some level of continuity played into Pace resigning him. 

• Like 1