Odell wears 350k watch during game. Stupid or not?

brownie man

Odell Wears 350k Richard Mille Watch  

108 members have voted

1. 1. Is this stupid?

• Yes
    • No

2 minutes ago, ET80 said:

But, would this be something they'd insure against? Watch damage while playing a high impact, contact sport?

I dunno, legit asking. 

*shrug*

watches are tanks tho i dunno about richard milles but i would imagine that a sub or a planet ocean could be fine in a game of football.  if they can withstand the pressure of 200m under the sea....

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ET80 said:

But, would this be something they'd insure against? Watch damage while playing a high impact, contact sport?

I dunno, legit asking. 

That's what I'd assume.  No way that a company selling $350K watches doesn't include a clause voiding the protection plan if you act recklessly.  Playing a contact sport would almost certainly meet the classic definition of recklessness too.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ChazStandard said:

I mean, the very fact it was made a thing suggests OBJ is at least angling for an endorsement, or maybe already has one. So it's not like he's losing money.

IF he did buy it, then it's dumb to wear it in a situation where it could be so easily damaged. Reeks of hubris. Flashing wealth with so little regard for waste is a bit classless.

Clearly though it had absolutely no impact on the game, it's not like the loss was even marginally OBJ's fault.

yes the 350k watch company needs/will give out endorsements

cmon

Just now, mistakey said:

*shrug*

watches are tanks tho i dunno about richard milles but i would imagine that a sub or a planet ocean could be fine in a game of football.  if they can withstand the pressure of 200m under the sea....

Can confirm, I play catch with my kids with mine on.

Pretty much the same thing as OBJ.

• Like 3

Just now, mistakey said:

yes the 350k watch company needs/will give out endorsements

cmon

Whether or not they need one is not the question, the fact is OBJ just gave their product a huge boost on national TV. In the age of mass marketing it's entirely possible it was a stunt. It's certainly possible he was angling for a free watch.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I dunno, legit asking. 

Insurance company will insure anything in general. It's the value,  premium and risk that determines rate of payment.

Edited by m haynes

2 minutes ago, Daniel said:

That's what I'd assume.  No way that a company selling $350K watches doesn't include a clause voiding the protection plan if you act recklessly.  Playing a contact sport would almost certainly meet the classic definition of recklessness too.

What would you call deep sea diving or flying to the moon?

Watches have held up to that stuff just fine.

heres the thing unless youre a watch connoisseur - you wouldnt know that his watch was super expensive
https://www.chrono24.com/richardmille/rm-035-rose-gold-toto-like-new--id11347951.htm?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIuNea7_nG5AIVR5yzCh1pFQbrEAQYBSABEgKSRvD_BwE

so rare it looks like you could get it at walmart.  its not like hes flashing his wealth.  unless you were one of the ones who could pick out a richard mille

1 minute ago, ChazStandard said:

Whether or not they need one is not the question, the fact is OBJ just gave their product a huge boost on national TV. In the age of mass marketing it's entirely possible it was a stunt. It's certainly possible he was angling for a free watch.

he already has an orange one that matches his orange rolls royce on his orange team why would he need a new one?

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

What would you call deep sea diving or flying to the moon?

Watches have held up to that stuff just fine.

I'll admit, hearing it was $350K, I was assuming this was a decked out in gold and diamonds watch.  If it's an invincible, indestructible watch, then yeah, it's probably fine and I would see no reason not to wear it playing football outside of me thinking you wouldn't want to wear anything on your hands that doesn't specifically help your performance as a player.

Either way, shouldn't be a story.

Just now, Daniel said:

I'll admit, hearing it was $350K, I was assuming this was a decked out in gold and diamonds watch.  If it's an invincible, indestructible watch, then yeah, it's probably fine and I would see no reason not to wear it playing football outside of me thinking you wouldn't want to wear anything on your hands that doesn't specifically help your performance as a player.

Either way, shouldn't be a story.

no just a ridiculously ugly sports watch