Odell wears 350k watch during game. Stupid or not?

brownie man

Odell Wears 350k Richard Mille Watch  

108 members have voted

1. 1. Is this stupid?

• Yes
    • No

1 hour ago, brownie man said:

I think it is one of the top 3 dumbest things I’ve seen on an NFL field. I think it’s pointless and disrespectful to your opponent and the game in general. 

But other Browns fans don’t mind it. I wanted to get the general thoughts on it. 

Why is it disrespectful to the opponent and the game?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, mistakey said:

heres the thing unless youre a watch connoisseur - you wouldnt know that his watch was super expensive
https://www.chrono24.com/richardmille/rm-035-rose-gold-toto-like-new--id11347951.htm?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIuNea7_nG5AIVR5yzCh1pFQbrEAQYBSABEgKSRvD_BwE

so rare it looks like you could get it at walmart.  its not like hes flashing his wealth.  unless you were one of the ones who could pick out a richard mille

Damn, Odell paid over 300k for that?  I guess it's true what they say, you can't buy good taste.

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

As a watch enthusiast the worst part of this whole situation is that he’s being ridiculed for wearing watch instead of being ridiculed for wearing a Richard Mille watch.

seriously

like rolex ok cool now we got an actual argument of showing off wealth people know what rolexes are
patek? ok still looks cool less people know what it is but no one complains that ellen degeneres wears one
richard mille? wtf if NFL didnt tweet it out no one would have even noticed the ugly watch

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

That’s not even crazy money for a watch tbh.

Google Paul Newman Daytona.

Lol I think you need to reevaluate the meaning of crazy money for a watch. Just because one watch is even more absurd than said absurdly priced watch, doesn't make it any less ridiculous to me.

Maybe I'm missing something here though. I'll admit I'm not one to keep up with high end watches, is there something that makes these watches so crazy expensive? Or is it just because some pretentious designer put their name on it?

3 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

Lol I think you need to reevaluate the meaning of crazy money for a watch. Just because one watch is even more absurd than said absurdly priced watch, doesn't make it any less ridiculous to me.

I mean, it’s expensive to me, but not in the world of uber high end watches.  It’s not just one Daytona, there are plenty similar.

3 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

Maybe I'm missing something here though. I'll admit I'm not one to keep up with high end watches, is there something that makes these watches so crazy expensive? Or is it just because some pretentious designer put their name on it?

Rarity/exclusivity mostly. 

28 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

OBJ was 100% given the watch on the stipulation that he wears it on game day. As long as it doesn't affect his play or won't end up catching somewhere dangerously, I don't see the harm.

The main issue I can think of is the watch or band catching on an opponent's pads or clothing.  I dont think it's a big deal by itself, but I'd view it like wearing a chain outside of your pads.  No need to risk someone catching on it.