Patriots (19-0) or Dolphins (0-19)?

DoleINGout

Undefeated or Winless?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Which team record is most likely to happen in 2019?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/16/2019 at 05:00 PM

12 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

Me too

Are you not allowed to edit? I’m actually curious what people say without the sarcasm of “0-19”.

As for my opinion, I think it’s more likely that the Patriots go 16-0. Being completely defeated has only happened once. Whereas two teams have gone undefeated in the regular season. The Pats were one of those teams that did it and they still have the same coach/QB so they will understand what it takes.

Whereas the Dolphins are going to surprise some people here and win 4 games. They have a pro bowl corner, a pro bowl safety, and have a safety that was drafted ahead of Derwin James that coming out looked to have All Pro Potential as a single high FS.

Whats more they’ve got a rookie HC that called a TO while his team was down by over 40 to seemingly get more reps from his team for film and improvement. Everyone is clowning him, but I think he gets this unit to 4 wins.

46 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

Are you not allowed to edit? I’m actually curious what people say without the sarcasm of “0-19”.

As for my opinion, I think it’s more likely that the Patriots go 16-0. Being completely defeated has only happened once. Whereas two teams have gone undefeated in the regular season. The Pats were one of those teams that did it and they still have the same coach/QB so they will understand what it takes.

Whereas the Dolphins are going to surprise some people here and win 4 games. They have a pro bowl corner, a pro bowl safety, and have a safety that was drafted ahead of Derwin James that coming out looked to have All Pro Potential as a single high FS.

Whats more they’ve got a rookie HC that called a TO while his team was down by over 40 to seemingly get more reps from his team for film and improvement. Everyone is clowning him, but I think he gets this unit to 4 wins.

Well we’ve had 0-16 twice. 2008 Lions and 2017 Browns. The 76 Bucs were also 0-14.

Edited by Bolts223
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

None... not even remotely close. Niether team will even come within 5 games of those records. My God, week 1 overreaction much.

5 games? You've given yourself too much a buffer zone there

So you think the Pats can't go 12-4, and the Dolphs can't do the reverse? I'd say both of those are likely.

Neither will go 16-0 or 0-16 though, for sure.

On 9/11/2019 at 1:17 PM, diamondbull424 said:

Being completely defeated has only happened once

Three times:

1976 Tampa Bay Buccaneers

2008 Detroit Lions

2017 Cleveland Browns

The 1960 Cowboys went 0-11 and the Baltimore Colts went 0-8 in the strike shortened 1982 season.

• Like 1

On 9/11/2019 at 3:02 PM, Bolts223 said:

Well we’ve had 0-16 twice. 2008 Lions and 2017 Browns. The 76 Bucs were also 0-14.

11 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Three times:

1976 Tampa Bay Buccaneers

2008 Detroit Lions

2017 Cleveland Browns

The 1960 Cowboys went 0-11 and the Baltimore Colts went 0-8 in the strike shortened 1982 season.

Yup. I think this has presented enough for me to change my vote then. Perhaps it’s easier in human nature for us to quit than for us to truly believe that we can achieve true greatness.

It felt good believing in the awesome human pursuit for achievement for a second. You guys have crushed my belief. I guess I’m joining the losers club now.

;)xD

Edited by diamondbull424
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

Yup. I think this has presented enough for me to change my vote then. Perhaps it’s easier in human nature for us to quit than for us to truly believe that we can achieve true greatness.

It felt good believing in the awesome human pursuit for achievement for a second. You guys have crushed my belief. I guess I’m joining the losers club now.

;)xD

I think the really hard part about going 16-0 is a lot of teams don't care enough once they get HFA locked up. The 09 Colts are the best example - started 14-0 and just rested starters in the last 2 weeks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bolts223 said:

I think the really hard part about going 16-0 is a lot of teams don't care enough once they get HFA locked up. The 09 Colts are the best example - started 14-0 and just rested starters in the last 2 weeks.

Still pissed at Dungy for ruining those teams by making them soft. Bill Belichick would never do something like that. He’s after greatness.

• Like 1