NFL Week 2 picks

Bolts223

I made a thread on week 1 picks last week and I figured I would take the honor to do it again this week. I'll post my picks and then everyone can put their own in this thread.

Thursday Night Game: Buccaneers @ Panthers

Winston looked really bad towards the end of the game last week. The Panthers showed a lot of fight against a great Rams team and McCaffrey went into God mode. I think the Panthers are just the better team and come out on top at home.

Prediction: Panthers: 28, Buccaneers: 16

Cardinals @ Ravens

The Ravens are 13.5-point favorites here - what?!!! Like I get that the Ravens stomped the Dolphins and Lamar looked great, but the Dolphins are basically an FCS team relative to the rest of the league. I find this especially surprising after how much fight the Cardinals showed last week and how Kyler Murray really showed a ton of promise in his debut. While I am picking the Ravens here, I don't think it's going to be a blowout by any means.

Prediction: Ravens: 24, Cardinals:17

Cowboys @ Redskins

Redskins did better than I thought they would last week against the Eagles. That being said, I gotta go with Dallas here. Dak is playing to get PAID.

Prediction: Cowboys: 29, Redskins: 17

Colts @ Titans

Both teams impressed last week. The Colts line was very dominant and were able to run the ball at will. The Titans went into Cleveland and stomped a very talented Browns team.

I think the Titans build off of what they did last week and take the W at home.

Prediction: Titans: 23, Colts: 13

Seahwks @ Steelers

Both teams underwhelmed last week. Seahawks barely squeaked by a Bengals team almost everyone thought they would steamroll, the Steelers got embarrassed by the Pats on SNF.

I think the Steelers are going to be pumped up to bounce back from last week and will come out with a vengeance on their home opener.

Prediction: Steelers: 31, Seahawks:24

Bills @ Giants

Bills had a great come from behind win against the Jets last week. This week they travel to the same stadium to play the other New York team. I think the Bills build on last week and beat a very bad Giants team. Josh Allen has a great day against a bad defense.

Prediction: Bills: 27, Giants: 20

49ers @ Bengals

This is possibly the hardest game of the week for me to pick. I'm not really that high on the 49ers and I was really low on the Bengals. Both teams looked good last week. I'm still skeptical about both these teams, but I think I'll just go with the 49ers here as I was higher on them preseason.

Prediction: 49ers: 24, Bengals: 21

Chargers @ Lions

I'm very scared of this game as a Chargers fan. Rivers often struggles against defenses that can generate pressure up the middle, and the Lions absolutely has the ability to do that. The Lions on the other hand choked a bad lead against the Cardinals last week. I'm going to stick with my own team in a game like this, but I can easily see the Lions winning at home.

Prediction: Chargers: 28, Lions: 24

Vikings @ Packers

Even though the Packers won last week, I wasn't impressed by them at all. They capitalized on Trubisky being terrible and weren't able to do much on offense. The Vikings I think should also be able to limit the Packers offense and have much more success against the Packers defense than the Bears did. Give me the Vikings here.

Prediction: Vikings: 23, Packers: 20

Jaguars @ Texans

Feel really bad for Foles and the Jags. Very unfortunate that they lost him like that. While Minshew showed some promise last week, it was against one of the worst secondaries in the league that had zero gameplan for him. I think the Texans will be ready and he won't find near the same success.

Prediction: Texans: 31, Jaguars: 17

Patriots @ Dolphins

If there was ever a time for the legend of Fitzmagic to cement itself, this would be it. This looks to be the best Patriots team we've seen since 2007, and this Dolphins team looks like it could be an historically bad dumpster fire. The Patriots are 18.5-point road favorites. While the Patriots typically struggle in Miami, I don't see them losing this game. They are too good and the Dolphins are too bad.

Prediction: Patriots: 48, Dolphins: 17

Chiefs @ Raiders:

I'm unsure what to think about the Raiders performance last night. They impressed, but I'm not sure if its due to them being good or the Broncos just being bad. In any case, losing Conley the way they did is a huge blow to the defense. Obviously the Chiefs losing Hill is a big blow to the offense. While this game is a little bit more interesting than I thought it would've been a couple weeks ago, I don't think I can pick the Raiders here.

Prediction: Chiefs: 34, Raiders: 27

Saints @ Rams:

A rematch of last years NFC Championship game. I think that the Saints have had this game circled on the calendar for awhile now and have nothing but revenge on their mind.

Prediction: Saints: 30, Rams: 24

Bears @ Broncos:

This is really a tough game to pick. Both teams looked terrible in week 1.

I have to go with the team that I feel is just more talented.

Prediction: Bears: 19, Broncos: 16

Sunday Night Game: Eagles @ Falcons

Both teams sorta underwhelmed last week, but the Eagles ultimately did come back and dominated the 2nd half over the Redskins. Give me the Eagles.

Prediction: Eagles: 27, Falcons: 24

Monday Night Football: Browns @ Jets

Browns flat out didn't show up last week, and the Jets choked a huge lead. This is still an interesting matchup between the top 2 QB's of the 2018 draft class. I think the Browns bounce back from getting embarrassed last week and beat a pretty mediocre Jets team.

Prediction: Browns: 28, Jets: 20

• Like 5

Are you keeping track of everyone's picks?

Tampa Bay Buccaneers@Carolina Panthers

Buffalo Bills@NY Giants

New England Patriots@Miami Dolphins

Jacksonville Jaguars@Houston Texans

Los Angeles Chargers@Detroit Lions

Dallas Cowboys@Washington Redskins

Minnesota Vikings@Green Bay Packers

Indianapolis Colts@Tennessee Titans

Pittsburgh Steelers@Seattle Seahawks

Arizona Cardinals@Baltimore Ravens

San Francisco 49ers@Cincinnati Bengals

Kansas City Chiefs@Oakland Raiders

Chicago Bears@Denver Broncos

New Orleans Saints@Los Angeles Rams

Philadelphia Eagles@Atlanta Falcons

Cleveland Browns@NY Jets

Edited by Hunter2_1

4 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

It's not the Saints that will be after revenge.

This. The beef the Saints have is with the league itself, not the Rams. Their guy did the only thing he could do to prevent a TD. Not his fault nor is it the fault of the Rams that it wasn't called. If the Rams have some kind of issue with NO, that's their baggage to carry.

All grudges aside, I still have us (NO) losing here but I do hope we make a game of it and don't get whooped. :P 

Winners in bold:

Thursday Night:

Tampa Bay Buccaneers@Carolina Panthers

Sunday:

Buffalo Bills @NY Giants

New England Patriots @ Miami Dolphins

Jacksonville Jaguars @ Houston Texans

Los Angeles Chargers @ Detroit Lions

Dallas Cowboys @ Washington Redskins

Minnesota Vikings @ Green Bay Packers

Indianapolis Colts @ Tennessee Titans

Pittsburgh Steelers @ Seattle Seahawks

Arizona Cardinals @ Baltimore Ravens

San Francisco 49ers @ Cincinnati Bengals

Kansas City Chiefs @ Oakland Raiders

Chicago Bears @ Denver Broncos

New Orleans Saints @ Los Angeles Rams

Philadelphia Eagles @ Atlanta Falcons

Monday Night:

Cleveland Browns @ NY Jets

Tampa Bay at CAROLINA (The Jameis Winston farewell tour)

Buffalo at NY GIANTS (I have no confidence in Josh Allen - Yet!)

NEW ENGLAND at Miami (Tanking for Tua - the tour continues)

Jacksonville at HOUSTON  (Er, Jacksonville, we have a problem … at quarterback)

LA CHARGERS at Detroit  (Do Lions fans even get excited anymore?)

DALLAS at Washington (Dak working on that $40 million annual salary extension)

MINNESOTA at Green Bay  (Vikings hoping this doesn't come down to a kick)

Indianapolis at TENNESSEE  (The Titans are the Joe Frazier of the AFC South)

Pittsburgh at SEATTLE (Another redemption Super Bowl matchup)

Arizona at BALTIMORE (The schedule makers were good to the Ravens)

San Francisco at CINCINNATI (Super Bowl redemption tour No. 3)

KANSAS CITY at Oakland (Only if Mahommes is healthy)

CHICAGO at Denver (Uninspiring quarterback play, inspiring defenses. Bears D is better.)

New Orleans at LA RAMS (It won't come down to a blown interference call.)

PHILADELPHIA at Atlanta  (Fly Eagles fly)

CLEVELAND at NY Jets  (The Browns can start boasting about playoffs again)

Winners in bold:

Thursday Night:

Tampa Bay Buccaneers @ Carolina Panthers

Sunday:

Buffalo Bills @ NY Giants

New England Patriots @ Miami Dolphins

Jacksonville Jaguars @ Houston Texans

Los Angeles Chargers @ Detroit Lions

Dallas Cowboys @ Washington Redskins

Minnesota Vikings @ Green Bay Packers

Indianapolis Colts  @ Tennessee Titans

Seattle Seahawks @ Pittsburgh Steelers

Arizona Cardinals @ Baltimore Ravens

San Francisco 49ers @ Cincinnati Bengals

Kansas City Chiefs @ Oakland Raiders

Chicago Bears @ Denver Broncos

New Orleans Saints @ Los Angeles Rams

Philadelphia Eagles @ Atlanta Falcons

Monday Night:

Cleveland Browns @ NY Jets

Tampa Bay at Carolina
San Francisco at Cincinnati
Los Angeles (LAC) at Detroit
Minnesota at Green Bay
Indianapolis at Tennessee
New England at Miami
Buffalo at New York (NYG)
Seattle at Pittsburgh
Dallas at Washington
Arizona at Baltimore
Jacksonville at Houston
Kansas City at Oakland
Chicago at Denver
New Orleans at Los Angeles (LAR)
Philadelphia at Atlanta
Cleveland at New York (NYJ)

Survivor:  BAL (SEA)

Here's my picks, after a less-than-stellar 8-6-1 performance in Week 1:

New England Patriots @ Miami Dolphins

Who could pick the Dolphins with a -18.5 NE line, even with the "Brady sucks in Miami" stuff?

San Francisco 49ers @ Cincinnati Bengals

The '9ers didn't look totally ready to roll in Week 1, and the Bengals kinda did.

Los Angeles Chargers @ Detroit Lions

Matt Patricia might be heading out the door if he can't turn things around. My bet is this isn't the week it happens.

Minnesota Vikings @ Green Bay Packers

They won't do it with another 10-throw outing from Cousins, but I think Minnesota pulls this one out.

Indianapolis Colts @ Tennessee Titans

Titans mania starts to sweep the media, and they start to fall off next week.

Buffalo Bills @ New York Giants

Josh Allen and the Bills turned the ball over 4 times last week. If that continues, their luck might run out.

Seattle Seahawks @ Pittsburgh Steelers

The Steelers looked like they just wanted to go home in Week 1, surrendering multiple deep passes from Brady. Lockett and Wilson are a top-notch deep ball combination, which might be a recipe for an 0-2 start for the Steelers.

Dallas Cowboys @ Washington 

With Keenum still starting, the 'Skins probably don't have the firepower to force Dallas to back off its run game.

Arizona Cardinals @ Baltimore Ravens

My big upset pick: the Ravens try to play the Cards' game, and Kyler makes just one more big throw than Jackson, with the help of Larry.

Jacksonville Jaguars @ Houston Texans

I'm not ready to hop on the Minshew train yet. Texans for me.

Kansas City Chiefs @ Oakland Raiders

Mahomes Magic carries through Week 2 for the Chiefs, and probably longer.

Chicago Bears @ Denver Broncos

Mitch Trubisky played like a rookie on the NFL's Opening Night. If that continues, Vic Fangio's defense will eat him alive.

New Orleans Saints @ Los Angeles Rams

I don't know, I'm just not really inspired by LA's (or Goff's) start to the year.

Philadelphia Eagles @ Atlanta Falcons

Falcons fall to 0-2.

Cleveland Browns @ New York Jets

Can Trevor Siemian beat the Browns and refuel the fires of hell in Cleveland? I don't think so. I think Mayfield was right - Week 1 was a wake-up call that the NFL isn't just preseason hype and that you still have to play the game, and I think the Browns tool on the Jets on Monday night.

• Like 1