Patriots trade WR Demaryius Thomas to Jets for 2021 6th round pick

RaidersAreOne

I hope this move is because Robby is a little more banged up than we know and gase/douglas want to bring someone else in to help. I hope it's not because gase is annoyed that Robby and q didn't have a great game and he's already counting them out rather than scheming them into the game plan better. 

1 hour ago, famousj said:

I laughing at how people thought  Adam "Crazy Ivan" Gase would operate any different than in Miami.  He alienates his best players and calls a lousy game.  >:(

It was one game and he called the game based on how his QB and line was performing. Let us get through most of a season with him and see what the results are. Sunday wasnt good, but putting it on Adam Gase is beyond silly. If anyone thinks we were going to be able to throw down field the way the line and darnold were playing, i really dont know what to say because it simply wasnt happening. 

3 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Obviously I love this move since I complain about our WRs all the time. Should really be our starter over Enunwa

I honestly thought Robby looked like he was playing through pain in the Bills game. I also am not impressed by Enunwa and absolutely would let whoever practiced better get the nod to start. Even at his age and recent injury history, I'd expect DT to beat out Enunwa. If nothing else, that `21 6th rounder was cheap depth.

1 hour ago, SDotNova said:

Not sure how Robby is in Gase’s doghouse. Darnold doesn’t under throw two balls and miss a wide open Robby, the game wouldn’t have been close.

He should have came down with 2 of those 3. He never even jumped for the under thrown ones. And slowed up his route for the one he was wide open on. Players need to make plays. Roberts has good coverage on the Brown TD... but Brown made a play. Our guys didn’t.

I like it. Why not, right? He made a play or two in the preseason so it seems like he's mostly back from his injury, and he could show the guys here a thing or two.

But if Belichick really wants to show us how much better than us he is, he should trade Brady to us.

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

He should have came down with 2 of those 3. He never even jumped for the under thrown ones. And slowed up his route for the one he was wide open on. Players need to make plays. Roberts has good coverage on the Brown TD... but Brown made a play. Our guys didn’t.

The awkward Robby seemed like Robby had 3 options on the route and chose the wrong one.

Crowder had tons of option routes and was getting open a lot because he read the coverage correctly. 

13 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Obviously I love this move since I complain about our WRs all the time. Should really be our starter over Enunwa

Enunwa, has to go. In last Sunday's game he has one reception for MINUS 4 yards. How many years has it been since he gave us anything. I can't even remember the last time we drafted a top WR. Can anybody tell who it was?? I think I am going to look that up right now, I will be back with the answer.

9 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

Enunwa, has to go. In last Sunday's game he has one reception for MINUS 4 yards. How many years has it been since he gave us anything. I can't even remember the last time we drafted a top WR. Can anybody tell who it was?? I think I am going to look that up right now, I will be back with the answer.

I am back already, in 2001 we drafted SANTANA MOSS in the first round.  In 2004 we drafted JERRICHO COTCHERY,  IN THE FOURTH ROUND,GOOD PLAYER but not great. Can you believe how long it has been sense we drafted a top WR.

Edited by doumeyer

I find it very ironic that AB has these massive charges against him and the Pats traded away a guy who did really well for them in preseason to the jets. AB will not play this year and sit at home and collect his money from the pats. Roger will put him on the exempt list for the year.