Patriots trade WR Demaryius Thomas to Jets for 2021 6th round pick

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, GangGreen420 said:

I really don’t think DT has anything left

Yeah it's kinda hard to get excited about this, but there's not much to get excited about on our roster either. It's a worthy flyer on someone who was recently good and has familiarity with Gase. If he gave us 3/4 of the production he gave Denver, it's a good move.

6 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Jets WR have problem with separation ability right now.  Dunno if post prime DT can change that but it is worth trying.

I don't think he'll play much. Think he's more of a receiver coach. Gase wasn't happy with how Robby and Enumwa played and I'm sure it had a lot to do with poor routes. DT is here to mentor them and help them run the system to a T

1 minute ago, NJerseypaint said:

I don't think he'll play much. Think he's more of a receiver coach. Gase wasn't happy with how Robby and Enumwa played and I'm sure it had a lot to do with poor routes. DT is here to mentor them and help them run the system to a T

Ouch!  That means Hines Ward is a bust.  I was hoping Ward showed Robby how to play tough. ooff!   Not going to bother figuring out what would Jets do with DT.

7 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

Totally disagree.  We aren't trading a pick for a guy not to play.  He's taking snaps from Enunwa/Anderson for sure.

• Like 1

Some of the comments in here... 

1. No, trading for Thomas does not indicate our draft plans. It's one of the best WR draft classes ever; were likely going to consider receivers either way
  2. DT is not coming in to be a "receivers coach". He can still play. He may not be the player he once was, but he graded out positively the past few years. He was a solid 3rd option for Houston prior to injury and showed that he recovered well in his preseason debut last week. There was nothing but positive reports regarding his practices since returning from the PUP. 
  3. Patriots are simply doing right by him given that he did right by them. NE originally cut him because of a procedural move (they couldn't put Harry on IR until all final cuts were made and the young receivers would have been susceptible to waivers). They showed appreciation for his willingness to return as their 3rd receiver by maintaining the guaranteed money - even though they didn't have to - but with Antonio now in the fold, they really have no use for him. They have no reason to be threatened by us, will take the draft pick, and likely want to give him an opportunity to see his hard work pay off.