Patriots trade WR Demaryius Thomas to Jets for 2021 6th round pick

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, rfournier103 said:

I’d say Harry. 

He’s going to be a beast. I’m certain of that. Best WR the Patriots have drafted since Terry Glenn. Just as much talent, half the attitude. 

I agree but I was wondering because he comes back week 9 so maybe Dorsett was meant?

16 minutes ago, bluemushrooms said:

I guess I meant it more as in why doesn't get get more targets/snaps and what was was holding his target count back on previous teams

The Patriots offense itself typically won’t go to any one receiver too often unless he’s open or gets open. 

And as I said before, not sure what Dorsett’s issues were with the Colts. 

1 minute ago, rfournier103 said:

The Patriots offense itself typically won’t go to any one receiver too often unless he’s open or gets open. 

And as I said before, not sure what Dorsett’s issues were with the Colts. 

He is good in the slot and when focus is on others. He can't really seperate on the outside and has a limited catch radius and is not physical enough. To me he is a perfect #3 receiver. I hope New England offers him a contract extension.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SBLIII said:

I agree but I was wondering because he comes back week 9 so maybe Dorsett was meant?

:::shrugs:::

Maybe? In any event, Harry is walking into a perfect situation. The guy is bursting at the seams with talent, and there is ZERO pressure on him to carry the offense. 

Injury to other players could change that, but as it stands, he’s free to develop at his own pace. Brady and his heir will be throwing to Harry for years to come. 

13 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

who is the 4th?

I was running with Dorsett as one following the conversation and assuming that Gordon (if he stays on plan) and Brown would count as true no. 1s on most teams. I guess Edelman might not be a no. 1 on many other teams though. Tbh there's a case White will have more catches than at least a couple of the receivers. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SBLIII said:

He is good in the slot and when focus is on others. He can't really seperate on the outside and has a limited catch radius and is not physical enough. To me he is a perfect #3 receiver. I hope New England offers him a contract extension.

I hope so too. He shredded the Steelers Sunday night. Hope that keeps up. 

2 minutes ago, scottishpatriot said:

I was running with Dorsett as one following the conversation and assuming that Gordon (if he stays on plan) and Brown would count as true no. 1s on most teams. I guess Edelman might not be a no. 1 on many other teams though. Tbh there's a case White will have more catches than at least a couple of the receivers. 

I agree. However I would still consider Edelman a top 15 receiver in the league so he should still qualify as a no. 1 WR on half of the teams. But Gordon and Brown are both top 5 in terms of talent.