Jump to content
Chiefer

RAIDER WEEK: Chiefs @ Oakland GDT: Final Game at the Coliseum

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

So happy to see DRob get his. I really hope he’s around for years to come. 

When we almost inevitably can't afford to keep Watkins, I'd love to see a permanent WR corp of Hill/Robinson/Hardman. Robinson is exactly what you want at that more traditional outside WR spot. He can be what Conley never quite developed into, IMO.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jakuvious said:

When we almost inevitably can't afford to keep Watkins,

I don't know why Watkins wouldn't want to give a hometown discount to stay in this high powered offense?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mayanfootball said:

I don't know why Watkins wouldn't want to give a hometown discount to stay in this high powered offense?

Hard to know without knowing the guy personally, what he would ultimately prioritize.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

Hard to know without knowing the guy personally, what he would ultimately prioritize.

Chiefs will have some pretty hard decisions to make after this season.
Well, unless the new CBA comes up with completely new stuff ... and that's still everyone's guess ...

But concerning "hometown discounts" .. that's what New England has been thriving on for a decade or so  ... 

Edited by KC_Guy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, KC_Guy said:

Chiefs will have some pretty hard decisions to make after this season.
Well, unless the new CBA comes up with completely new stuff ... and that's still everyone's guess ...

But concerning "hometown discounts" .. that's what New England has been thriving on for a decade or so  ... 

Coach is on contract negotiations.

Not a good idea to fight the coach. Youll get paid well if you do your job well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, KC_Guy said:

Chiefs will have some pretty hard decisions to make after this season.
Well, unless the new CBA comes up with completely new stuff ... and that's still everyone's guess ...

But concerning "hometown discounts" .. that's what New England has been thriving on for a decade or so  ... 

Realistically, New England has been thriving on one hometown discount. If we could get that one, we'd be golden. But I won't count on it.

Part of the difference too is New England rarely has actual elite players. Just a lot of good ones. We've done a good job of finding a handful of premier guys every 5 years or so this century. They're always expensive. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jakuvious said:

Realistically, New England has been thriving on one hometown discount. If we could get that one, we'd be golden. But I won't count on it.

Part of the difference too is New England rarely has actual elite players. Just a lot of good ones. We've done a good job of finding a handful of premier guys every 5 years or so this century. They're always expensive. 

And half of the homegrown talent get hurt after that first big contract

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Chiefer said:

And half of the homegrown talent get hurt after that first big contract

Yeah, that certainly didn't help either. Cap hell would've been more acceptable at the end of Dorsey's regime if all of the players putting us there had long healthy careers.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These oakland players are dropping like flies on this baseball field.

Im sure Mahomes feels right at home.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jakuvious said:

...what was that?

just was about to ask the same question .. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...